david8613

dont pay for your gun in full, bad experience at brick amory

I think the point is the OP gave BA the beat down and then turned around and did the very thing he publicly criticised a business for.

different situation dude, there was a money transaction between me and ba, besides i spoke to pk90 already and i will be making a purchase from him, "im communcating" and will make good. what ba did was bs, what happened between me and pk90 was my fault and just slipped mind, it could happen to anyone, what none of you have ever forgotten something? please give me a break... :roll:

different situation dude, there was a money transaction between me and ba, besides i spoke to pk40 already and i will be making a purchase from him, "im communcating" and will make good. what ba did was bs, what happened between me and pk40 was my fault and just slipped mind, it could happen to anyone, what none of you have ever forgotten something? please give me a break... :roll:

DUDE - it's PK90 - NINETY!, not forty And Paul is too nice to point it out to you.

It means that if you're going to claim that "it slipped your mind" then at least have the decency to get guy's "name" right. You get the name wrong the first time, it's a typo. You do it 3 times in a row, and it shows a complete lack of attention and possible communication issues.

It's a small thing, but, since one of the original arguments was poor communication by BA, it would behoove David to try and improve his communication skills to avoid future problems.

I don't see it that way. I see the OP getting wound upover a bunch of things and something slipping his mind. It seems that if BA didn't set this off in the first place, the chain of events after wouldn't have followed.

Also, the OP explained the circumstances.

That's just my take on it, as I have no horse in this race.

+1

+1 One incident is an occurrence and does not constitute a track record. BA seems to have a track record.

Disclaimer: This is all second hand info for me (albeit lots of it). I have never ordered a gun from BA and have no axe to grind here.

ya know most of you are making this a positive experience but some are making it sour. i apologize if i wrote pk90 name wrong, i corrected it, if i forget to put a comma here and there, sometimes im on my iphone, sometimes just lazy, ssssooooorrrryyyyy! as far as im concerned this thread is done for me. i dont want to play the blame, but none of this would have happened if ba would have delivered...so do me a favor dont piss on my parade, i made my first purchase and im happy now, and my second purchase will be with PK90 and he will be happy too... if you want to close this thread fine by me, there is nothing more discuss really, whats done is done..

david 8704, No need to follow through with a purchase from me. You gave me no money so I will not hold anything for you or hold you to anything. As I PMed you, there are hundreds of Glock 22 Gen 4 in stock and have been for awhile. Just say'n. :hand:

BTW, to the MODS of this forum, why are these posts getting double posted into "Bucket 3" and "Brick Armory" vendor's forum. I don't like posting into another vendor's forum.

• Like 1

david 8704

:lol::lol:

ETA:

there are hundreds of Glock 22 Gen 4 in stock and have been for awhile.

This is the part I found the most interesting about this whole thread. I find it bizarre that there's so much drama over a gun that seems to be pretty readily available at a number of places.

David, we are ALL capable of mistakes. If the story is as you say, I would find them at fault, but I havent heard their side. The point is you are asking for understanding for lack of follow through because it slipped your mind but you are affording no consideration to the vendor for whatever excuse they may have. And apparently eye witness accounts would indicate that they did indeed order your pistol. I do not care if money exchanged hands or not, a mans word is what is important to me. Frankly I do not buy the excuse it slipped your mind. When I give my word on something, I see to it it doesnt slip my mind especially when it is a business dealing. The fact that something you gave your word on can "slip your mind" takes a big bite out of your credibility in the matter despite the apparent pattern with BA. My humble advice to you is follow the standards yourself that you expect from others. Otherwise you become a hypocrite. I would also evaluate how a little bit more patience on your part may have spared you all of this irritation. This is my advice, tale it or leave it.

Sitting at the airport wondering how this got to 8 pages. lol. But I do want to add in a few comments before relocking this.

The OP is obviously impatient as this is his first gun purchase.

Secondly, when a dealer orders a gun for you, you follow through and buy it. I had a similar case, twice... Where the timeline is open ended, I asked Vinco35 to get me a 1911.... he got it a few days later.... I had something come up in the days in between, however.... I still went there and shelled over $1200 for a firearm he ordered for me, and fronted his money. Another case with some rifles.... I gave my word that I would take 2.... In the mean time, I purchased another one of the same gun. A few months later, they came in, and I had already committed to buying 2... guess what, i bought 2 more as I had given my word to do so.

What we often forget is that many dealers, esp on this forum, sell firearms in part as a service to the community, and it is not their primary income. If they order something for you.... they cant just resell it. it means having an inventory, which guess what, they do not have a storefront. IE.... why their margins are so low and why they give you a good price. So dont be a douche... if you committed to something, follow through on it.

About BA..., yes, I have personaly experienced issues, however at the end of the day, i was given what I was promised. Was the ride bumpy at times.... sure, however at the end of the day, I still go shoot there because it is the nicest indoor range, and I like the folks who work there. If something was on the shelf, I would not hesitate to buy it, and if you get to know Phil, he will give you a good to great deal. If you do not bargain on the price, or are not educated enough to google or even do a firearms price request quote... who's fault is that?

I can promise you, if you do a firearms price request quote... within 24 to 48 hours, you will have at least 3 responses with prices.

BTW... i was in talks with the OP about selling him my Hk p30l.... lets leave it at that.

Moral of the story, think, and dont be in a rush. If you are having an issue, go to someone who can deal with it.... having a pitty party online is not going to make a damn bit of difference. One thing I learned.... 85% of the people dont give a hoot about your problems, the other 15% are glad you have them. :doh:

When I have an issue with anyone, including BA, I do bring it up, and it gets resolved. If you dont try to have it resolved.... it only means it is not important enough for you to get it resolved.