david8613

dont pay for your gun in full, bad experience at brick amory

brick amory sucks! and they lost a group of possible good customers.... my experience was this, i was on my way to shoreshot with my brother and some friends to go shooting and possibly purchase my first gun on saturday febuary 13. i called brick amory on a whim to get a price on a 4th gen glock 22, he gave a decent price and told me to go there shooting with my friends instead. so i convinced the group, lets go there im gonna finally pick up my 1st gun. we get there and he doesnt even have the glock 22 in stock! he tells me "dont worry, i can have it in a week"... i believed him and paid for the gun in full. my friends and i went shooting at his place, i even paid for more bullets for the glock he let me use that day. so i patiently wait the week and call to find out if its there, and with out checking any computers, order sheets or anything, very quickly he tells me "it wont be here until tuesday". that left a bad taste in my mouth. so this past tuesday febuary 23 im all happy hoping my gun will be there, wednesday was my birthday by they way and this was a gift to my self. any way i call and i get the same quick a** answer "oh your gun is not here yet, it will be here on friday"WHAT! no apologies, no, dont worry we will take care you, nothing. not happy at all i called back and asked for a refund, i dont think it was fair that i paid for a gun in full and get the runaround like that...but wait its not over, when i called for the refund it was early tuesday morning, today is thursday and im checking my account and still no refund, so i called to make sure they made the refund, and he tells me "oh your gun came in that day but we sold because you cancelled" now what kind of bs it that! oh and you gotta wait 4 or 5 days for your refund! i want thank you brick amory for wasting my time, holding my money for what is going to be more than 2 weeks...thanks, thanks alot...you should have made my 1st gun purchase experience better, especially since i paid in full, i have spoken to many first time buyers and they all tell me they never paid for bullets or range time the day they went to purchase a gun. i did pay for everything wack! you should have called me when my gun came in, what did you do sell it to a buddy of yours? glock makes hundreds of thousands of guns, and you couldnt get my gun in the time you promised? i dont like putting people on blast but you lost my business with that type of treatment... sorry if this doesnt belong here but new gun purchasers should know....

David,

Take a deep breath. Ok...

I can see why you are pissed, it seems like you got the run around. By my figuring they took two weeks to finally get in a gun you paid for in full.

It happens. I am sorry to say that I think you should have shown a little more patience and not demanded your refund after the two weeks. Many gun dealers will place orders on certain days, not instantly. This also helps them save on shipping costs. Now BA was wrong to not communicate those time lines to you in a more effective manner. I would be willing to bet they would have made it up to you somehow... but we wont know now.

Sometimes to get what you want you might have to wait a little longer. Patience is a virtue. I may sound like an old man but this is a lesson I learned in almost the same fashion many years ago.

Did you go somewhere else and find that G22 yet. Why not contact Paul at Arms and Ammo here on the site and see if he can help you out.

From past experience, refunds post in cycles and not immediatly.

Did they demand payment in full to order the handgun? I've never had to make payment up front for any of my purchases over the years with the exception of a direct purchase from the manufacturer.

But G22's are a dime a dozen so you can easily pick one up anywhere.

I had to pay in full to order mine, said it was in stock and would have it in 3 days took 4 weeks,

he was told the same crap, you know i had gotten over this but it has my blood pressure up again, every week he told me the same story..

im ok, believe me im a patient person, i would have waited longer if he would have said dont worry it will be worth the wait, or something like that. its obvious he was lying, before i cancelled he said it would be there friday, when i called today they said it did come, but sold it. he should have called me tuesday when it did come and ask me if i still wanted it, that was his chance to make good... i have worked retail in the past, when you pay like i did you should recieve little better treatment.

Customer communication is key in any transaction.

not being sarcastic. ok maybe a little but i also heard money talks bullshit walks...that was the problem no communication, nothing. oh i did forget to mention when i wanted to cancel he said "are you sure? because its in transit". but it showed up that very same day when he just told me it would be there friday! communiacation?

I don't blame you for one second for cancelling. If they said it was going to be there then the gun should have been there when they said it was to be there. If it was going to take 2 weeks then they should have told him 2 weeks. That is complete BS if they don't know when their shipments are coming in. As far as paying in full that is also complete BS.

Aside from your direct issue with BA I can tell you that I have observed the following over many years of firearm buying and selling. Buying tends to be an emotionaly based decision. Sometimes impulsive (ask me how I know :roll: ). You dropped the coin and are excited about it. The excitement is hard to quell. This can lead to impatience and drives many to become easily irritated. I have seen many deals go south over this very scenario. Right NOW im sitting on my hands to keep from calling or emailing my dealer to see if my rifle shipped but Im following my own advice. It helps to put things in perspective. Is a week or two going to make a big diff in the grand scheme of something I will have for MANY years if not forever?

David, I wouldn't believe them when they said they got it in and sold it. I'm sure they never got it. From the stories I've heard, they probably never even ordered it. You're not the first and you won't be the last.

Sorry you had to go through that. There are other threads on this forum of similar stories.

Aside from your direct issue with BA I can tell you that I have observed the following over many years of firearm buying and selling. Buying tends to be an emotionaly based decision. Sometimes impulsive (ask me how I know :roll: ). You dropped the coin and are excited about it. The excitement is hard to quell. This can lead to impatience and drives many to become easily irritated. I have seen many deals go south over this very scenario. Right NOW im sitting on my hands to keep from calling or emailing my dealer to see if my rifle shipped but Im following my own advice. It helps to put things in perspective. Is a week or two going to make a big diff in the grand scheme of something I will have for MANY years if not forever?

i know everyone gets excited when purchasing something new. at the same time i think i was patient, i got my permits last month in january and i didnt go rush and buy something right away, i took my time, did my research. what irritated me was that if you say one week than it should be one week, if you then say next tuesday, you better make sure it gets there that day, if your having trouble getting the product for some reason tell me the truth, im very understanding, if he was a little more sincere i probably would have waited another week! but dont lie and give me the the run around like that, and act like nothing is wrong...not once did he apologize for not having my gun ready!anyway i got some advice from some very nice friends ;) that i should call my bank and get the ball rolling on a claim, it was good advice bank of america is going to issue my refund, so can i go and make a purchase tomorrow. i guess bank of america is gonna get that money back later from brick amory. so im happy now... whats done is done, so my advice is never, ever pay for any product ahead time. you live and learn...

I think there are two re-occurring issues here. The first is being having them charge your credit card in full when they order your gun. I believe that might be a violation of their merchant account agreement?

The second is promising a delivery date without actually checking availability. Why can so many other dealers and FFLs on this site check with their suppliers for availability first then give you an informed delivery date, and yet, it always seems that BA promises but does not deliver?

It's not rocket science, they can give their supplier a call or check the dealer's inventory online.

The promise of delivery is what gets me. I think they sell enough guns to have a legit idea of how long it takes to receive it. Then maybe your a day or 4 off including a weekend. But to just jerk a customer around is flat out wrong.

And as I'm sure they are learning not a wise move. :D

checking availability. Why can so many other dealers and FFLs on this site check with their suppliers for availability first then give you an informed delivery date, and yet, it always seems that BA promises but does not deliver?

Something tells me they do not have any credit line with their suppliers and are at the bottom of the priority list.

This is nothing new here.

I don't think they are learning, or maybe they just don't care since you hear it so often on here? It is a shame too since they seem to have a nice facility for shooting. I may be wrong but I don't think the shooting range would pay the nut. I would think that they need sales too?

checking availability. Why can so many other dealers and FFLs on this site check with their suppliers for availability first then give you an informed delivery date, and yet, it always seems that BA promises but does not deliver?

Something tells me they do not have any credit line with their suppliers and are at the bottom of the priority list.

This is nothing new here.

This man speaks wisdom!! This would be my best guest and the reason he ask for money up front!

I'm not defending anything in regards to payment, but I will just give a heads up on shipping. Everything has been off a bit with the recent weather. Not everything is shipping local, and I've had plenty of shipments delayed and others that still showed on tracking as delayed but were delivered. And I had alot shipped in last week via UPS, USPS and Fedex. Rain, sleet or snow might not close em, but it definitely slows em down. Tracking anything has been unreliable the last 2 weeks. And expect it to continue with this storm and more expected snow next week.

And it did resell. I was there today doing the paperwork on my rifle when the guy did the paperwork on the 22. I'm sorry it worked out bad and I understand you getting upset, but you did cancel, so it being resold was inevitable. And if you paid in credit card, a 4-5 day wait before it goes back to your account is the norm. And that's 4-5 business days.

Sorry for your experience.

I'm not defending anything in regards to payment, but I will just give a heads up on shipping. Everything has been off a bit with the recent weather. Not everything is shipping local, and I've had plenty of shipments delayed and others that still showed on tracking as delayed but were delivered. And I had alot shipped in last week via UPS, USPS and Fedex. Rain, sleet or snow might not close em, but it definitely slows em down. Tracking anything has been unreliable the last 2 weeks. And expect it to continue with this storm and more expected snow next week.

And it did resell. I was there today doing the paperwork on my rifle when the guy did the paperwork on the 22. I'm sorry it worked out bad and I understand you getting upset, but you did cancel, so it being resold was inevitable. And if you paid in credit card, a 4-5 day wait before it goes back to your account is the norm. And that's 4-5 business days.

Sorry for your experience.

thats not totally true dude, i have another project with a mountain bike im building from scratch for the spring and i have been ordering parts steadly from all over the usa and not one thing shipped late. they told me it sold tuesday! what time did go there?

David,

Don't let that experience ruin the fun for you. I got my first guns at "Zeus Sporting Goods Co" The guys were cool there considering I didn't know much when I walked in there the first time. Had a good selection if you are in the area check them out. They were very honest and straight forward with me. You can find them here, someone on this forum made this great map: http://www.njgunmap.com

David,

If you learned anything, its check with the members on this board before you buy your next firearm.

I have bought and sold many guns, and I am positive 99% of those on here have as well.

You can use this knowledge to buy from people who wont mess around.

I wont tolerate any 'messing around' when I have paid for something.

My clients expect the same.