imperialfish

Night Sights, Who's Got em?

I have the fiber optic front and night sight rear on my 226 and I love them.

I don't know how they would work in a home defense situation, but I like how quickly I can pick up the sights at the range.

Also, it is really cool when they smile at me, from inside the dark safe :ugeek:

Got them, like them as an emergency backup if there's no flashlight.

However, you should really, REALLY have a flashlight along with your HD gun all the time.

Night sights will help you get on target in low light conditions. They will not help you identify that target as friend or foe, though.

Yes, get them but not right away. Buy your Swiss Miss, learn to shoot her, finalize your grips & then evaluate your P226 sighting options.

Unless you're going for the tacticool look, night sights might not be your best option. From a home defense perspective, a dog is much more useful than a set of night sights. And most folk don't put in enough hours training to handle a flashlight well enough for it to be an asset in a HD situation.

I like night sights but I don't have them on every pistol. Ask yourself, "Under what conditions will most of my shooting occur? Or under what conditions will my most important shooting occur?" These answers will help you determine if you need large green glowing alien eyeballs on top of your pistol.

Just my 2-cents...

--Daniel

Trijicon TFO (Tritium Fiber Optic) They glow in the light and in the night. I use them on my XD and love them. The best of both worlds.

Medic they're actually TruGlo TFOs, i have a set on my G21 and i love them, definitely a cool factor.

I took advantage of a deal a few years ago when SigSauer installed night sights and did a performance check real cheap. I like having them. The only time I got to "use" them was when I was taking my tactical course a few years ago, which included a night shoot.

I agree, if I had to do the site every 6-7 years, I would think that I got my monies worth.

I thought I heard that tritium was used (could be wrong) and I thought tritium had a longer life span than 6-7 years.

Also, can thesites be redone or is it a case of putting new sites on?

I agree, if I had to do the site every 6-7 years, I would think that I got my monies worth.

I thought I heard that tritium was used (could be wrong) and I thought tritium had a longer life span than 6-7 years.

Also, can the sites be redone or is it a case of putting new sites on?

I was under the impression that it was more like 10-15 years (possibly more) i have a tritium lensatic compass manufactured in 1986 (same year i was born) that still glows slightly in the dark.

i have a tritium lensatic compass manufactured in 1986 (same year i was born)

I have clothes older than you.

http://www.tripletsandus.com/80s/miamivice1.jpg

http://www.tripletsandus.com/80s/poison_80sbighair.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... rmers1.jpg