Sign in to follow this  
Regulator72

Think this would have the same outcome in NJ??

http://www.wftv.com/news/23152219/detail.html?cxntlid=cmg_cntnt_rss

Man Who Shot Stepdaughter's Boyfriend Gets Immunity

Posted: 4:46 pm EDT April 14, 2010Updated: 9:14 pm EDT April 14, 2010

APOPKA, Fla. -- An Apopka man who shot his stepdaughter's boyfriend got immunity from prosecution. The defense argued Wednesday afternoon, that Wade Edwards should never have been charged for shooting the young man after he caught him having sex with his stepdaughter.

WFTV reporter Melonie Holt was in court Wednesday when both Edwards and his stepdaughter testified. According to prosecutors, Edwards acted out of anger. But the Apopka dad has maintained that he acted in defense of his home.

After court, Edwards told WFTV he was glad it is over.

Wednesday afternoon, 41-year-old Wade Edwards took the stand to avoid a trial. The Apopka father was charged with second-degree attempted murder, attempted manslaughter and aggravated battery for shooting his 16-year-old stepdaughter's love interest.

In October of 2009, Edwards heard a noise, entered his stepdaughter

It was dark.

Living in NJ, I have great leeway for anyone that shoots anyone in their home because even if it was PCP filled crack addict with needles in 1 hand and an AK47 in the other and I shot him while I was hiding in the back of my attic, I might still be proscuted.

It was dark.

Living in NJ, I have great leeway for anyone that shoots anyone in their home because even if it was PCP filled crack addict with needles in 1 hand and an AK47 in the other and I shot him while I was hiding in the back of my attic, I might still be proscuted.

Castle doctrine...someone uninvited in your home with an AK-47? You are within your rights to eliminate the threat.

i could be mistaken but don't believe castle doctrine applies in new jersey.i believe that you are supposed to exit unless it is impossible for you to do so....

Not true:

Start here:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5776&hilit=castle+doctrine

dad walks in... sees what he thinks is a rape/struggle.... runs to get gun.

Teen knows father saw him... makes for pants and window.....

Father returns with handgun... shoots to kill intruder that is going out the window that he thinks just hurt his little girl.

Tragic mistake and sad. How many times a day does something just like this happen to our LEOs... to shoot or not to shoot. I actually think the girl has alot of the reponsibility here, her bf, her bad decision to sneak her bf in, bad decision to engage in sexual activites at her age in her parents home and for not stopping her father ASAP.

Just sad.

Father returns with handgun... shoots to kill intruder that is going out the window that he thinks just hurt his little girl.

Tragic mistake and sad. How many times a day does something just like this happen to our LEOs... to shoot or not to shoot. I actually think the girl has alot of the reponsibility here, her bf, her bad decision to sneak her bf in, bad decision to engage in sexual activites at her age in her parents home and for not stopping her father ASAP.

Just sad.

NYPD a while back took some of the most vocal Anti-cop council people and ran them through the FATS trainer..Amazingly enough the ones who screamed the loudest were the one MOST likely to shoot the innocent people out of reflex..it opened eyes for about a day or so, before the innate Hypocrisy returned.

Just sad.

Why didn't the daughter say "DAD NO" or anything like that.

This wouldn't have happened in NJ...it shouldn't have happened ANYWHERE, this guy or daughter should pay for killing this kid. Totally unjustified.

Something just doesnt sound right.....

Hear something going on in the house.....

He elects to go investigate noise WITHOUT gun....

He opens daughters bedroom door to find a man on top of her..... He leaves the room to go get the gun? huh? ..... wait a sec..... How many fathers wouldnt just mad rush the MF'er to get him off of their daughter....

Just sounds all wrong.....