Sign in to follow this  
LorenzoS

Finaly got my FID. Are these idiots for real?

Finally got my FID after 3 months.

Imagine my surprise when the detective hands me a lightweight POS cardboard card, typewritten, and asks for my fingerprint but no photo! I never cease to be amazed by the lameness of our state.

I thought this must be the most counterfeit-able government issued ID on the planet, easier to fake than a community college ID. Then I realized the sheer genius anti-forgery strategy here: who even has a typewriter other than official state agencies?

Oh yes, and the part about how this thing is so much bigger than any other ID or credit card and does not fit in a wallet - that's brilliant. All the more likely you might forget it one day so they get a reason to fuck with you.

Anyway, at least I have the damned thing now.

Imagine my surprise when the detective hands me a lightweight POS cardboard card, typewritten, and asks for my fingerprint but no photo! I never cease to be amazed by the lameness of our state.

I thought this must be the most counterfeit-able government issued ID on the planet, easier to fake than a community college ID. Then I realized the sheer genius anti-forgery strategy here: who even has a typewriter other than official state agencies?

Oh yes, and the part about how this thing is so much bigger than any other ID or credit card and does not fit in a wallet - that's brilliant. All the more likely you might forget it one day so they get a reason to fugg with you.

Welcome to NJ.

Imagine my surprise when the detective hands me a lightweight POS cardboard card, typewritten, and asks for my fingerprint but no photo!

When I use my FID card, I usually hold my thumb up to the card, next to my fingerprint and say...."see....thats me"

Imagine my surprise when the detective hands me a lightweight POS cardboard card, typewritten, and asks for my fingerprint but no photo!

When I use my FID card, I usually hold my thumb up to the card, next to my fingerprint and say...."see....thats me"

:lol:

Your funny!

Don't complain too much. My restricted premise handgun permit from NYC had a color photo, description of my appearance; make, model caliber and serial number of every firearm I own. It was plastic and laminated with a laser etched 'hologram' of "New York City Police Department" across the front.

All that for $360 each time it was renewed, which was every three years. I'll take the $60 library card :lol:

Oh yes, and the part about how this thing is so much bigger than any other ID or credit card and does not fit in a wallet - that's brilliant. All the more likely you might forget it one day so they get a reason to fugg with you.

First thing I did was go to kinkos and laminate it. Save yourself a headache later

While my FID is correct, i think I've had errors on every single permit i've ever had which were usually just a typo here and there. Never had a problem exercising them though which is a relief. All that is forgiven though for hte time they gave me a batch of permits with NO DATE! Thats right, pistola permitum non-expiratus! Every time i exercised one of those the FFL would usually remark that that i was holding a golden unicorn. Those were definitely sweet while they lasted.

While my FID is correct, i think I've had errors on every single permit i've ever had which were usually just a typo here and there. Never had a problem exercising them though which is a relief. All that is forgiven though for hte time they gave me a batch of permits with NO DATE! Thats right, pistola permitum non-expiratus! Every time i exercised one of those the FFL would usually remark that that i was holding a golden unicorn. Those were definitely sweet while they lasted.

They misspelled my last name on my permits and I had to wait a week to have new ones typed up!

I actually just checked my last 2 permits for the date..... I was hoping for a golden unicorn! :lol::lol:;)