GoNRA

Any NJ Hunter up for this?

There is quite a bit of people here interested in hunting that have no idea on how to hunt, is there any hunter here who would be willing to set up a hunt where we can go to learn a thing or two about the hunting way of life?

Don't know the seasons or specifics regarding licenses or if you need them just to tag along, but maybe someone has more intel on this aspect as well.

I would be happy to help as well. I am a member of a hunt club out in sussex...we can do this in the fall for fall gobbler...

Stay tuned...

I am sure next fall for Bird season we could work something out. I would be happy to have a few people tag along and beat the brush.

Seriously, I would help anyone who wants to learn.

Tim I'm in with you for back-up if you need the help? Pheasant season is one of my favorites and I'm in the fields every year! For spring Turkey also, didnt make it out this year for the 'Jakes' but next year is looking promising. Keep me posted? Bow season for Deer as well....Lol

i could use a little help for hunting only went out 3 times and no luck any of the times

Scouting the land before hand is the key to a successful Hunt...no if ands about it. The only time scouting is not needed is if your hunting on land that is stocked..usually sometype of bird. You have to know where the game sleeps,eats and drinks! If you know that atleast thats half the battle. The next is being somewhere in between and drawing them in close enough for the Harvest or "kill" if you will?

i could use a little help for hunting only went out 3 times and no luck any of the times

Scouting the land before hand is the key to a successful Hunt...no if ands about it. The only time scouting is not needed is if your hunting on land that is stocked..usually sometype of bird. You have to know where the game sleeps,eats and drinks! If you know that atleast thats half the battle. The next is being somewhere in between and drawing them in close enough for the Harvest or "kill" if you will?

:lol: , you do that, and call me up to come when there is some action.

:lol: , you do that, and call me up to come when there is some action.

Your more than welcome to join me on a Hunt 'GoNRA'. I'm in S.Jersey. As a matter of fact we should stop at my house first so you can take a look in my game freezer to see how useful my scouting can be! Venison,pheasant,goose,squirrel and rabbit. The harvest is just the climax of the hunt, the majority of the true hunt is tracking, reading prints, finding trails and stalking the preys behaviour patterns. Scrapes, rubs,feathers,roosting,nesting, urine, poop and especially food sources depending on game. They all have to eat,sleep,move and procreate.

i hunt pheasants with liberty or death .......forget that searching sh+t buy a pheasant stamp.....wake up at 6:15 put on beat up clothes, orange vest, box of shells, waterproof boots, and your favorite shot gun....we go to medford management area they put birds out twice a week walks around and blast some birds. i dont know how martin does it but he finds birds roosting like they were wearing bright orange. alot of fun more people cover more ground have more fun everyone is welcome to join us. now deer or pheasant hunt that does require all the scouting to harvest a deer or find someone with private property and bait the sh*t out of it and you will get a deer

I'd be willing to share my knowledge in deer hunting, land navigation, reading TOPO's and some basic wilderness survival stuff. I was stationed in AK for a couple of years, endured Survival Training and currently am a Special Deputy with the Sheriff's Search Team. We conduct all sorts of drills and training and I'd be willing to put some educational stuff together if desired.

FWIW, I am looking to get back into bird hunting now that my son is old enough and I have a wonderful bird dog that needs to get some real birds and not just scented decoys.

Civictuner...would you guys be open to me and my bird dog tagging along one day? She has a great nose and is very good off lease, but has never encountered a live pheasant. I bring her out for small game in NYS for grouse and just for a nice day in the field. She frequents Cherry Ridge and is not gun shy in the least.

Wojo, where do you live? I'd be happy to go out pheasant hunting with you in Clinton(been doing it for years, but only hunted with a dog once). No guarantee on finding a bird, but it would definitely be a good time.

• Like 1

j0n, I'm about 45 minutes away where 287 & 23 intersect. Have you ever hunted Black Rock? Seems like they stock that quite a bit. Because I am self employed, I want to go mid week to avoid some of the other tools while I try to get my dog some experience. If I am with someone / a group, at least I have extra eyes watching out for her safety on public lands.

j0n, I'm about 45 minutes away where 287 & 23 intersect. Have you ever hunted Black Rock? Seems like they stock that quite a bit. Because I am self employed, I want to go mid week to avoid some of the other tools while I try to get my dog some experience. If I am with someone / a group, at least I have extra eyes watching out for her safety on public lands.

Never hunted there, but would be happy to join you. I work a rotating schedule which leaves lots of free weekdays. Sending you a PM.

Need to get all my hunting licenses and courses, seems like a lot of work the first time around. But I will tag along just to get the jist of things, just send me an IM to the forum mail thingy cause I usually only check a few of the main topics when I login and often other topics slip by me. The earlier someone can put a trip together the better, best days for me are thursday's or friday's as im off of work. I might bring along my cousin also, he may be interested in it too. The earlier I know the better so I can make sure im ready to go and everything is kinda setup in advance.

I just booked an afternoon pheasant hunt up at Indian River for 11/23. I'll be able to take my dog out to see how she does with my half brother who is coming down from Canada. 12 birds should make a good afternoon. Once I see how my dog does, I hope to be able to hit Clinton or Black River in early Dec to Jan while they are still stocking. Weekday trips coming in. Business goes dead post Thanksgiving and then I get to concentrate on hunting. I love shooting things before the holidays. It helps me deal with family over the holidays.

Thanks for the invite. I have a crazy schedule and Saturday's are the toughest day for me. If I have an window of opportunity to join in at another time, I would be a last minute add-on. I put the stocking schedule on my Outlook / BlackBerry Calendar for motivation to get out into the field.