JonF

Looks like my shooting hobby is on hold for a bit

Dirt bike + 20mph + tree = Fracture of the left radius. :(

So no more riding, racing or shooting for a spell while things heal. I go for surgery this fri for a plate and screws which should accelerate getting back to normal with some therapy. Maybe i should take up single-handed shooting, olympic style? anyone have a line on a Toz? :D

2010-05-15%2020.29.55.jpg

Update - as of 5/21 i got me some hardware installed and i have to say, the experience of corrective surgery was substantially more painful than the actual break. i'm guessing because of the incision, drilling, screwing and general futzing around inside there to fix what i screwed up, the resultant pain and discomfort is compounded. i found that even with meds and a pain pump, discomfort was still high and sleep was still on the scarce side. things are moving along now and the pain has subsided substantially to just some dull ache through the day which tylenol helps a little with and i'm back to work and doing physical therapy already. anyway, this thread would be worthless without pics so here you go.

plates1.jpeg

plates2.jpg

It blows my mind how they don't countersink those screws and seem to leave so much sticking out the other side!

and notice the tips even protrude slightly on the other side! finish carpentry this isnt. lol

Wait, so will you now forever ring through the metal detector?

how much weight did you put on as a result of the added metal?

there is a possibility they will eventually remove it but thats TBD later.