damnyankee

NNJ Newbie

I'm a multi-state resident, including NJ and have my NJ FPID.

I spend a lot of time in NJ in the summer and would like to be able to shoot regularly. I don't have any guns with me, for a variety of reasons, and would like to find a range that does rentals and is available weekdays in Northern NJ (Bergen, Passaic, Hudson or Essex). If there are any, I'd like to rent an M&P 9L and would settle for any 9mm M&P. I shoot an M&P 9L and have an M&P 9c in my daily ccw rotation (not in NJ). I'm not planning on shooting any competitions in NJ since my weekends are otherwise committed. I'll be using commercial reloads (Atlanta Arms).

I do want to be able to practice drawing and speed reloading as part of my routine so a range that permits those activities would be preferred. I can deal with stock sights.

Thanks in advance for your help.

yikes, renting in north jersey... dont believe any ranges up there let you rent. Going down to PA you may.

As far as where to shoot, Bullet Hole in belleville does not require a membership, most other places, you do.

welcome to the forum, I am sure the northern NJ guys will be glad to help you out.

I guess that one can always dream.

I guess I'll drop by the Bullet Hole next week and talk to them.

Welcome aboard. Why don't you come Tuesday at 7pm and shoot Pete's (Caine) M&P 9mm. I don't know of any range up here where you can rent guns. There will also be a bunch of other pistols to shoot if that's what you want to do.

Thanks for the invite but I have a committment on Tuesday evening that I can't change.

If the invitation will be open for another Tuesday, I'll gladly jump on it.

BTW, where is here?

Sorry, Bullet Hole. There is always a lot of 9mm's being passed around at this meet-up. Which, btw, is my favorite caliber!

Welcome :) Sadly, there's no place to rent guns up north. You would need to hit the shops in central NJ for rentals - Shore Shot and Brick Armory. Also, no place to practice drawing from a holster up north aside from using an unloaded gun in your basement or going to an IDPA/USPSA event.

The Tuesday invitation stands - it's every other tuesday at Bullet Hole... check the Events section of the forum for details.

Enjoy your stay :D

Welcome :) Sadly, there's no place to rent guns up north. You would need to hit the shops in central NJ for rentals - Shore Shot and Brick Armory. Also, no place to practice drawing from a holster up north aside from using an unloaded gun in your basement or going to an IDPA/USPSA event.

The Tuesday invitation stands - it's every other tuesday at Bullet Hole... check the Events section of the forum for details.

Enjoy your stay :D

Thanks. I've put June 8 on my calendar and I'll bring plenty of factory ammunition.