kenw

I like Cabela's, but...

They are obnoxiously overpriced. We took a ride today, with nothing in mind and just to get out of the house for a while. Jordan is sort of looking for a rifle, but doesn't really know what he wants, so we figured the used rack at Cabela's would be a reasonable starting point.

Anyway, I was going through the used shotguns, looking for something in .410 to jump out and sing to me, and I came across a USED Stoeger 3000 (yeah, the same cheap entry level o/u that Pete and I own). The gun costs $399 NEW (before the $50 rebate), and they have the balls, the chutzpah, the unmitigated gall, the effrontery, to put this thing on the used rack for $475.

Barnum was right. There is a sucker born every minute.

Sheesh.

Shop there, don't buy there. Except for small stuff. Never guns or ammo.

Lots of guys do very well with their Cabela's card and points and promotions and stuff. But you gotta be very savy to make that stuff work. Those guys talk about their huge deals but they have spent hundreds and thousands on overpriced guns and ammo to get there.

Always buy the best deal. Don't buy from Cabela's to get points or rewards. Don't get suckered. Buy the best deal. When Cabela's has the best deal, then invest in your points or rewards.

Lots of guys do very well with their Cabela's card and points and promotions and stuff. But you gotta be very savy to make that stuff work. Those guys talk about their huge deals but they have spent hundreds and thousands on overpriced guns and ammo to get there.

Always buy the best deal. Don't buy from Cabela's to get points or rewards. Don't get suckered. Buy the best deal. When Cabela's has the best deal, then invest in your points or rewards.

On used guns, they do have pretty good deals that you can find. As far as ammo, the sale prices online, in particular for tula, and pmc, cannot be beat. $6.49 a box of 223 with $5 shipping.

New stuff, yes, a bit over priced.... but not effingers overpriced.

On used guns, they do have pretty good deals that you can find. As far as ammo, the sale prices online, in particular for tula, and pmc, cannot be beat. $6.49 a box of 223 with $5 shipping.

Which ammo is $325 for .223? I sometimes choose to buy a little below $320 for 5.56, but look for $305 on PMC. If that's Tula prices, forget it. That would be silly.

My pops was there today too. He was there for the one day sale and went ammo crazy! 9mm, 45acp, 38special, and 223. I bought my AR from there and the only reason why was I had a 100 dollar coupon which beat anyone elses prices.

+1 for the online sales and definitely not overpriced like Effingers! :shock:

Cabelas is the cheapest around for .223 PMC when on sale. :handgestures-thumbup:

They are essentially a "Big box store", but that doesn't mean they always have the best deals on everything.

The sale prices are pretty good. PMC .223 and the Federal .22 bulk pack on sale with the ammo box and 5 dollar shipping is hard to beat.

Their in store prices aren't good unless it's on sale or you have a coupon.

The sale prices are pretty good. PMC .223 and the Federal .22 bulk pack on sale with the ammo box and 5 dollar shipping is hard to beat.

Their in store prices aren't good unless it's on sale or you have a coupon.

FYI.

When I ordered 600 last week, the deal was $219.95 and get a free dry box. So I bought 30 boxes of 20 @ 6.49 and one dry box with free box of 223 for 14.95. Total came to $214.95 for 620 rounds and a dry box including shipping. :D

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... m1&Go.x=22

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0079605217554a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntt=dry+box+deal&Ntk=Product_liberal&sort=all&Go.y=0&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1&Go.x=0

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/common/search/search-results1.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&selectedPerPage=&hasJS=true&_D%3AhasJS=+&_D%3Asort=+&sort=all&Ntt=free+dry+box&Go.x=22&Go.y=6&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1

When I ordered 600 last week, the deal was $219.95 and get a free dry box. So I bought 30 boxes of 20 @ 6.49 and one dry box with free box of 223 for 14.95. Total came to $214.95 for 620 rounds and a dry box including shipping. :D

Nice work! I regret not ordering more, now that the $5 shipping is over. I did redeem some credit card reward points and have $400 worth of Cabelas Gift cards coming soon. :handgestures-thumbup:

They are obnoxiously overpriced. We took a ride today, with nothing in mind and just to get out of the house for a while. Jordan is sort of looking for a rifle, but doesn't really know what he wants, so we figured the used rack at Cabela's would be a reasonable starting point.

Anyway, I was going through the used shotguns, looking for something in .410 to jump out and sing to me, and I came across a USED Stoeger 3000 (yeah, the same cheap entry level o/u that Pete and I own). The gun costs $399 NEW (before the $50 rebate), and they have the balls, the chutzpah, the unmitigated gall, the effrontery, to put this thing on the used rack for $475.

Sheesh.

Hey Mr. Chutzpah- Did you try to Gentile them down in price? I would have got a manager and layed out the realities to him. Just me...

Sheesh.

Hey Mr. Chutzpah- Did you try to Gentile them down in price? I would have got a manager and layed out the realities to him. Just me...

Such hostility... :D

I already own the Stoeger, so wasn't really that interested in it. Let someone who has an interest in buying it bargain them down, or pay the price they want. Buyer beware.