MedicYeti

Top Shot starts tonight 10pm on History

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the first plate shoot, if you don't miss any plates, you can't lose. Speed is irrevelant.

I liked the second competition where you got to pick your own gun and target. Reminded me of playing 'Horse' in basketball. Funny how two missed with their pick.

Lastly, I was surprised how close it was up to the end.

The epilogue was a nice touch.

I didn't see this myself, but i read on the history forum that when Iain called for the S&W to be fired double action, he cocked the hammer before shooting. Anyone have this tivoed? I deleted it after watching.

No he didn't. I just watched it again and they show him raising the gun with the hammer forward and then as he is squeezing the trigger you can see the hammer cock back a little before the gun fires.

I didn't see this myself, but i read on the history forum that when Iain called for the S&W to be fired double action, he cocked the hammer before shooting. Anyone have this tivoed? I deleted it after watching.

I did see the hammer back for awhile prior to it falling. I watched both shows aired back to back. I think that the way the filming was edited, it appeared that he shot single action. But, I think that he staged the trigger.

It's funny you mention this, that was the first thing I said when watching the show.

I just got an email from my sister saying " I was addicted to this show Top Shot on History Channel... When can you take me to the range?" We'll be going next week. I did enjoy the last two episodes waaaaaay more than the beginning ones. Maybe they learned their lesson for season two. What do you think?

Maybe they learned their lesson for season two. What do you think?

Doubtful - you gotta remember, the network's goal is to make a show that appeals to a broad spectrum of people so they can bring in the most advertising dollars. If they cater to only one portion of their audience the show won't last very long. Whether we like it or not, the whining keeps people interested to see who's gonna have a b*tch fight next week.