MedicYeti

Top Shot starts tonight 10pm on History

Here is an interesting take. Talk to your non shooter friends that have seen it. They ALL have given me a thumbs up that they like it. That in my mind is a win because in the end its a representation of shooting sports in a more positive way than the HEAT perspective of mowing down the law and the civy population. I have never seen a competitive sport that didnt include some trash talking. But in the end I would say Mike accepted his loss gracefully.

Shane

It will be interesting to see each of these guys as they are put in situations outside their area of expertise. I like the idea that the show may be attracting more non-shooters and may convert some of them into shooters. More participation in our sport can only mean good things.

umm it's a competition.. for 100 grand.. SOME trash talking seems totally reasonable... people get competitive.. and thus talk a little shit... especially when you have a room full of some of the best talent there is.. egos will collide.. and as pointed out.. that tv drama will actually draw in non-shooters.. and maybe spark a little interest.. ALSO.. drama + tv =s girl appeal.. SO if you have a GUN show.. COUPLED with DRAMA.. that means hypothetically you AND your girlfriend/wife can BOTH enjoy it.. lol.. so its like a win win..

I thought the 92fs was the stainless steel version.

It wasn't that bad of a show.

Actually, the "S" stands for the slide retention modification that was incorporated after a number of failures of military M9s, where the slide would separate from the frame, injuring the shooter.

yay, I am glad douchebag Bill is gone. Brad irritated me, but he will be great to see next week.

Bill on the other hand, completely a dirt bag, complaining about others, behind their back. He should take his pussy off his pedestal.... wait wait... he lost.

yay, I am glad douchebag Bill is gone. Brad irritated me, but he will be great to see next week.

Bill on the other hand, completely a dirt bag, complaining about others, behind their back. He should take his weakling off his pedestal.... wait wait... he lost.

Agreed on all counts. Apparently I have the maturity of a child less than 5yrs old because I was LMAO at Kelly's comment. Def something I would have said.

Bill on the other hand, completely a dirt bag, complaining about others, behind their back. He should take his weakling off his pedestal.... wait wait... he lost.

Agreed on all counts. Apparently I have the maturity of a child less than 5yrs old because I was LMAO at Kelly's comment. Def something I would have said.

What got me was the Kelly was man enough to realize that he had stepped on the guy's richard and apologized. Bill was a complete douche to not accept the apology.

I am surprised that Brad was again able to pull out a win. Despite his constant belly aching, he's impressive when the chips are down.

Heheh funny how perspecives differ. I see Kelly as a little b!tch that wants to play with the big boys....and falls far short. I see Bill as someone who wastes no time with posers. The kid showed his true colors and so he would never have any use for him and has no time for man drama and pretty much told him so at the card table. So whatever he said in private, he had no issue saying to his face.

Shane,

I think Kelly has the most firearms and ballistics knowledge on that show of the folks there. Kelly made a comment to which most of us would laugh, he then sees it that bill didn't like the joke. He apologized. Bill at that points become a douche bag and holds that grudge.

As far as skills, Kelly's were far better than Bill's, and Kelly is by far the strongest overall competitor on the Red team. Fuck bill, and I am glad his ass is done.

Shane,

I think Kelly has the most firearms and ballistics knowledge on that show of the folks there. Kelly made a comment to which most of us would laugh, he then sees it that bill didn't like the joke. He apologized. Bill at that points become a douche bag and holds that grudge.

As far as skills, Kelly's were far better than Bill's, and Kelly is by far the strongest overall competitor on the Red team. fugg bill, and I am glad his a** is done.

Simply Maks, that's the way I saw it too. Kelly made a comment akin to a comment that a certain "pink one" here made. Foolish and youthful, speaking without thinking. If one or the other "elder" then continued to hold a grudge because said "pink one" is a "little b!tch that wants to play with the big boys....and falls far short", well.........

Maks, there is no way that Kelly has the most knowledge on that show. My prediction is that this will be proven in later episodes as the pace and the shooting challenges ramp up. My guess is that this early stuff is to seperate the levels of shooters. JJ is a lead firearms instructer for DHS. Your boy Kelly is a student and a single discipline shooter from what I see. Im betting the show will ramp up to more action based shooting where Kelly's single foucs is going to hurt him.

Maks, would you really laugh if he joked about a dead friend of yours or would he be picking up his teeth? That right there is where he showed himself as a poser trying to talk tough and play with the big boys. Bill is irrelevant to me. I didnt hear him talk enough to have an opinion one way or the other.

Maks, there is no way that Kelly has the most knowledge on that show. My prediction is that this will be proven in later episodes as the pace and the shooting challenges ramp up. My guess is that this early stuff is to seperate the levels of shooters. JJ is a lead firearms instructer for DHS. Your boy Kelly is a student and a single discipline shooter from what I see. Im betting the show will ramp up to more action based shooting where Kelly's single foucs is going to hurt him.

Maks, would you really laugh if he joked about a dead friend of yours or would he be picking up his teeth? That right there is where he showed himself as a poser trying to talk tough and play with the big boys. Bill is irrelevant to me. I didnt hear him talk enough to have an opinion one way or the other.

Kelly is by far the strongest rifle shooter, was perhaps second strongest archery, but most of all, he is open to anything without the 50 year old "I know everything mentality." The rest of the folks are pistol shooters.

The person who shot themselves, we don't know if they died or how it came out, was someone's ex's of an ex. Not like your brother or sister. Most of all, he apologized. We don't know under what circumstance it was said, but the fact is he apologized, and Bill was holding a grudge.

Personally, it doesn't bother me, it doesn't make a difference in my life, nor will it keep me up at night. However, as a matter of choosing people to associate myself with, I would not want to be affiliate with him. Yes, he is a radio show host, and obviously he is the voice of god and shall not be questioned. lol.

Its a 'fun' show. As for it being a "top gun" type thing is pretty misleading (as its been noted already). The fact that the opposing team can choose to sit who they want instead of facing possibly the best competition possible kind of takes away from things-- and the show became really underwhelming when I saw that was the show's solution to the imbalance (of people).

I don't believe they mention if the guy who shot himself in the chest died. The guy in question was the fiance of Bill's ex-wife. I'm guessing Kelly made the assumption that Bill had not-so-nice feelings about his ex-wife when he made his little joke. It's the type of joke you make when you've known someone for a while and you know they can take it.. probably not the best thing to say to someone you've known for a few days. But, he did apologize (sincere or not), so whatever. It's drama for the show.

As for Kelly being the strongest rifle shooter... I think that's a bold statement to make based on one rifle event. I think he's good with a rifle.. no question. Strongest? I don't think there's enough show data to justify that. And based on the clips from next week... well.. it'll be interesting to see how things pan out for Kelly or if it's just fancy editing to make it seem like he sux.

Personally, I find Blake and JJ the most interesting.