71ragtopgoat

Wierd knock at the door tonight.

Some young man knocked on the door at 8:30 pm today. I opened the door as he was leaving the stoop when I asked how may I help you he turned and stammered a bit without make more then a seconds eye contact when the a female driver said to him just forget it lets go. So I said to him wrong house I guess he again turned to me with a half smile and said I'll see you again ???

Kinda freaked the wife out but she's touchy with things like that.

Never seen these people before in my life.

Anyway wrote down the plate to the brown Nissan Versa and all other details I could think of.

Question do I sleep with the Kimber tonight ???

Because he "turned to me with a half smile and said I'll see you again ???"

It was not menacing just kinda dopey. Sorta looking down at his feet and shuffling a bit not indecisive but apprehensive like he was pushed into knocking at the first place. He then got into the back seat. That I found weird as well.

In the last 2 weeks I had some black kid knock on the door to say his company was working in the neighborhood and if there was any problems with their trucks in the way just to tell them to move. each time was for a different company and each time he wrote something on a piece of paper. I watch him at every neighbor I could see knowing a few were older women living alone. I don't trust anyone these days. If this happens again I will call the Police.

Some young man knocked on the door at 8:30 pm today. I opened the door as he was leaving the stoop when I asked how may I help you he turned and stammered a bit without make more then a seconds eye contact when the a female driver said to him just forget it lets go. So I said to him wrong house I guess he again turned to me with a half smile and said I'll see you again ???

Anyway wrote down the plate to the brown Nissan Versa and all other details I could think of.

Census workers?

Could they have been on crack and just went to the wrong house? Did they look high?

I hope you have an alarm. If for some reason they get your door or window open during the night - without an alarm you might be screwed.

Even a cheap alarm that sets off a siren will help - if only to wake you up.

http://www.amazon.com/WIRELESS-WINDOW-E ... 683&sr=8-9

Did not look high we have the place lit up like lunar park tonight though.

600 watts worth halos in the back you could play ball. I did not get the creeps at all really. Just kinda weird is all. They were obviously there for a reason.

They did not look like the Manson's or high. To be honest it felt like he was gonna have a stupid request and she lost her nerve. We sleep on the second floor(raised ranch) so I'll have time if they make enough noise entering.

However I have a friend on Long Island who was a victim of a home invasion and they were in there room before he even woke up. My friend reached for the pistol but by that time they had he kids so Game Over.They tied the whole family up except for as he would not let them tie him up.

Unless you have a good HD 12 gauge... if you do.. i would go with the 12 gauge..

I would be on alert for sure. I would have a gun under my pillow if I could. I would also have the shotgun close by.

The thing is, you don't know what their intentions were. especially with the guy giving the half smile. Better safe then sorry.

Reading this and something similar happen to me 2 weeks ago. I work nights and have a babysitter/housesitter come twice a week to watch my son while I get some sleep during the earlier morning hours. Went to bed around 09:30 and woke up around 12:30. The sitter told me that a guy knocked on the door, and was asking "Who's black Honda is parked over in the driveway accross the street" She politly said "I don't f#*kin know" and closed the door. She went to the window and watched him walk down the street not stopping at any other house asking the same question.

What I came to realize that, my wife left for work when the sitter arrives. Normally when I get home I'll park in the driveway or the garage, this day I parked in the street. So I beleive he was testing to see who was home at what hours IMO. And being that I've seen this kind of set-up before in the city, I've asked the sitter to keep our front windows closed and if anyone knocks at our door, just wake me up. Would love to see some prick come into my home when I'm sleeping.

Now I've read the local paper and there has been alot of burglaries going on here, and asked the wife to be extra careful when leaving the house in the morning and at night.

That behavior is typical of a would-be burglar checking to see if anyone is home prior to burglarizing your house. AFAIK most potential burglars will avoid a residence after being confronted by someone. I wouldn't be too concerned about seeing the person again, but be dutiful about locking the doors/windows. You may hear about another residence nearby being broken into in the near future.

No why should I. To say some guy knocked on My door and left.

Besides I had the fire Dept over on Saturday due to a bad light transformer smoking up the garage so if I call the cops now they will think I'm nuts. LOL !!

I'd call them and just let them know what happened, what the guy said and give them the plate number.

Years ago, I was out walking at night and saw a couple of guys come running out from behind a neighbors house and jump into a waiting car. Not a totally unusual thing for a couple of young guys to do that, but the car they jumped into was being driven by an old man and it just didn't look right. I got a partial plate. A few days later I heard a house was robbed. Gave the police the partial plate number and they caught them.

Can't hurt to call and ask for an officer to come by and tell him your story.

I agree with njpilot.

They acted suspicious, make a suspicious person's report.

What stands out for me is that you had fire trucks and smoke earlier in the day. If it had been bad enough you might have had to go to a hotel, which might be what they were hoping.

Even if that is wrong, why do you knock on a door if you have no intention of speaking to the person that answers it?

Get their plate and a description in the system. Just because you had the FD out there earlier is no reason to think the PD will think you are crazy, especially with a story like that.

Of course it could be nothing, but if it is something a suspicious persons report could be all the prevention needed.

Besides I had the fire Dept over on Saturday due to a bad light transformer smoking up the garage so if I call the cops now they will think I'm nuts. LOL !!

No, I'd MUCH rather take a report that doesnt go anywhere, than NOT have the information Documented if these idiots DO come back and do something stupid.

No, I'd MUCH rather take a report that doesnt go anywhere, than NOT have the information Documented if these idiots DO come back and do something stupid.

Plus if they've been knocking on multiple doors, doing this, it would be good for the police to know in case someone else reports it.

I always open the door with my glock 30 after dark....

I always open the door with my glock 30 after dark....

I hope they dont see the shooter or else you going to the pokey big time.

Then rights revoked. I wrote a detailed description of everyone right after they left including time and date .Went on Nissan's web site so even got the paint name correct.