Sign in to follow this  
deni

I need workout tips for my trigger finger...

no but really...

i went to classic pistol today with my gf

we shot a walther p22 first since it was her first time

and finished with the fnx-9 (i <3 it)

anyway at one point during our range time i decided to shoot double action only

and i have to admit that i had some trouble after about 15 rounds of dao shooting

anyway- that's all!

i'm off to do pull ups with my trigger finger

Some retired army colonel showed me this recently...

Female push-ups using your fingers as support or doing push-ups leaning on a table. Also, use that hand exerciser every day not more than 100 squeezes a day. Not sure if he was pulling my leg, but I guess there's no harm in trying.

truth... you do have to hold the ball up which does get tiring after a few games. Rock climbing, pulls ups, pushups on your fingertips, or do finger pinches (pinch thumb/index finger hard, hold, then stretch finger out all the way). That last one seems kinda silly.

Taking pictures actually works out my hand pretty good. Holding up a 7-8lbs camera all day taking over 1000 pics gets damn tiring. I find riding my road bike works out my hands too... especially when you start climbing hills and tuggin on the bars.

http://www.cleverjoe.com/articles/gripmaster_hand_finger_exerciser.html

reccomended by guitar players everywhere.

You shouldn't have to do anything that takes a great strain on your fingers to build them up at first. This is a great way to start and is most likely all you need.

i have that actually. got it when i played guitar more often. i got the blue one cause its in the middle and its blue. id recommend it. personally my index does fine on the blue its more for my less used fingers like the pinky and ring. so if you wanna focus on the index i might step it up and go with the red one.

lol, I have been working out for about 25 years. There are no muscles in your fingers to strengthen. What is in there is mostly tendon. What you need to do is strengthen your forearm which pull the tendons that close your fingers. Standard wrist curls is a good start that will only get you so far. The body needs to be developed in total, starting with the big muscles of the legs, back and chest.