GoNRA

Rallies over mosque near ground zero get heated

Its kind of fucked up.

Do they have the right to build there?

Yes.

SHOULD they build there?

NO!

I understand that they were'nt the people who committed 9/11 and had nothing to do with it, however its a sensitivity thing.

Just like it was fucked up for the NRA to hold a rallies in Columbine and Virginia Tech IMMEDIATELY following the massacres there. Do they have the right to? Of course. But should they have? Probably not.

Yeah I agree that it's a touchy situation. Totally on the fence on this one. I truely believe they have the freedom to build it there but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Kinda like Chris Rock's quote.

Shit, you can drive a car with your feet if you want to, that don't make it a good fucking idea!

well guys the mosque that a majority of America doesn't want to be built has stood in that location for 27 years. All they're asking for is an additional community center. we have groups in the south burning Qurans because of this. we have the freedom of religion in this country and for people to deny one group for something that was perpetrated by a percent of a percent is just wrong

I love this argument it is rallying up people on each side. Hopefully I get to see a throw down between both religions! Those that follow islam are pretty much the same as christians. The vast majority aren't observant of their religion and only pray when they are down and out or want to win the lottery. This argument is getting those that typically don't do anything with their chosen religion into the mix. I just wish it was big enough of a deal to get all 2.4 billion Christians and all 1.8 Billion Muslims to pick up arms and start killing each other. Oh well, keep creating enemies out of each other and I can hope and dream that one day a mass battle with heavy casualties on both sides will occur.

Christians sicken me as much as Muslims as all Christians are members of the KKK as all Muslims are members of al qaeda.

I posted this in the other thread but I believe it applies to this one as well:

I find the hypocrisy on this board extremely ironic lol especially since we cry all day about how the Second Amendment this and the Second Amendment that and how the majority in New Jersey is trumping on the minority group's constitutional rights (which in our case would be the right to keep and bear arms). This is a perfect example of why the constitution was setup they way it was: to protect the constitutional rights of the smaller group of how-ever-unpopular citizens. "Political correctness" is what is killing this country.

I have to agree with what Ron Paul is saying about property rights and the 1st amendment:

This otherwise normal situation has been amplified by poor news reporting. Selective headlines and story wording has mislead A LOT of Americans into believing that a new mosque was going up. Its aimed at increasing hits on their website... advertising $$... a dangerous game in this instance...

People are all wrapped up in rights and the constitution. But nobody is arguing there right to do so. NOBODY What they are arguing over is if it is the right thing to do. And plain and simple it's not the right thing to do.

It's your right to stand out in front of meeting for rape victims and hold up a sign that you think they are whores. But you should get your A$$ beat for doing it. Get it !!!!

Legal and right are two different things when it comes to peoples feelings sometimes.

What gets me the most about this is that they want to open this mosque on .....you guessed it. September 11th, 2011. Anyone who tells me this is not a slap in the face to America is a total jackass - I don't care who you are. This is what makes this so wrong. Their intentions for building this is not genuine.

People are all wrapped up in rights and the constitution. But nobody is arguing there right to do so. NOBODY What they are arguing over is if it is the right thing to do. And plain and simple it's not the right thing to do.

It's your right to stand out in front of meeting for rape victims and hold up a sign that you think they are whores. But you should get your A$$ beat for doing it. Get it !!!!

Legal and right are two different things when it comes to peoples feelings sometimes.

Good thing the constitution is protecting my rights against people's feelings that I should not have them: like gun rights and people who think we should ban all guns as a result of mass shootings and other incidents. Do you know how many gun control laws have been enacted over "political correctness" and "people's feelings"?

Agreed 100%, but how much do you want to bet the cries of "insensitivity" would be heard far and wide if Satriale's Pork Store opened up across the street. Tolerance is never a two-way street with the media/elite favored "disenfranchised" groups.

What gets me the most about this is that they want to open this mosque on .....you guessed it. September 11th, 2011. Anyone who tells me this is not a slap in the face to America is a total jackass - I don't care who you are. This is what makes this so wrong. Their intentions for building this is not genuine.

Maybe so. Regardless, their constitutional right to do so is more important to me than whatever affront it may cause, imagined or otherwise.

Maybe so. Regardless, their constitutional right to do so is more important to me than whatever affront it may cause, imagined or otherwise.

Who is arguing there constitutional right to do so ???

They are using our freedom to rubbing our face in shit, but I still agree with you. In the end, our liberty is more important than these bastards.

They are using our freedom to rubbing our face in ****, but I still agree with you. In the end, our liberty is more important than these bastards.

Don't think for a second that religious freedom and standing up for the constitution here makes it any more or less likely that the gov't wouldn't sit on a Church or other house of worship if it was politically expedient. Many of the Rah Rah for this mosque are politicians who like their heads attached and don't want to end up like Theo Van Gogh. Tack on the liberal platitudes about freedom and it's a win win for them. Head remains attached and they can blast conservatives.\

This victory mosque is an abomination. It's 1 block from Ground Zero and Mohammad Atta's landing gear landed on the frickin building. Build your Fukin terrorist victory shrine somewhere else.

Nobody HERE..but you now have Politicians getting into the mix Saying they will Block it... The Tea=Party Canddiate for governor in NY Screwed himself out of an election over this issue IMO, and pretty much garunteed Cuomo being elected. Some of these guys need to stop and think before they open their mouths.

I'm gonna go with they have no Constitutional right to build anything.

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

They have a constitutional right to practice their religion, not to put up a building.

Anyone who has ever got a building permit or has a house in an historical district knows just how much the government decides what you can and can't build.

9 years ago 98% of Americans would be against this mosque. We forget very quickly. :x We've become a nation of politicaly correct pussies. The French will probably take us over in a few years.

9 years ago if somebody would have said we would have a president by the name of Barack Hussein Obama , Id have fell over laughing!

Just to let you know that date was falsely reported to piss people off they never had any intentions of opening on that date....furthermore there were Muslims in the towers during the attacks as well (how quickly we forget). This situation and the biased media coverage resembles Nazi propaganda.