dave545

WORLDS FASTEST GUNSLINGER OMFG

Quick draw artists do not use ammunition with real bullets - they either use blanks or wax bullets. Fast, to me, is someone like Jerry Miculek or Ed McGivern, using real ammo. Not to say that Munden isn't spectacular at what he does, but I don't think he can hold a candle to Jerry or Ed when it comes to sustained, accurate rapid fire with a handgun - revolvers, no less. Miculek is still trying to break McGivern's record (set in 1932) of 5 shots on a playing card, in 2/5's of a second. The McGivern feat that astounds me though was his aerial shot. He was demonstrating his ability to a man by throwing steel washers, with a .5" center hole up in the air and shooting them. When the man pointed out that he had missed, McGivern told him he had simply shot through the middle. To prove it he covered the hole with tape and did it again. When the washer came down, there was a hole, cleanly through the tape. McGivern did his shooting with S&W .38 spl revolvers. Bullet diameter=.357" / hole in the washer=.50" Clearance around the bullet=.0715". Now that is amazing. You may want to check out the book: Fast & Fancy Revolver Shooting by Ed McGivern.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The guy isn't a fake. Bob Munden has been around for a while. Why they didn't put a high speed camera up close and watch the frames is beyond me, but there you have it.

My bet is Bob wouldnt allow it. If I were him I wouldnt eather. I dont want my prize winning technique picked apart by my competitors.

Quick draw artists do not use ammunition with real bullets - they either use blanks or wax bullets. Fast, to me, is someone like Jerry Miculek or Ed McGivern, using real ammo. Not to say that Munden isn't spectacular at what he does, but I don't think he can hold a candle to Jerry or Ed when it comes to sustained, accurate rapid fire with a handgun - revolvers, no less. Miculek is still trying to break McGivern's record (set in 1932) of 5 shots on a playing card, in 2/5's of a second. The McGivern feat that astounds me though was his aerial shot. He was demonstrating his ability to a man by throwing steel washers, with a .5" center hole up in the air and shooting them. When the man pointed out that he had missed, McGivern told him he had simply shot through the middle. To prove it he covered the hole with tape and did it again. When the washer came down, there was a hole, cleanly through the tape. McGivern did his shooting with S&W .38 spl revolvers. Bullet diameter=.357" / hole in the washer=.50" Clearance around the bullet=.0715". Now that is amazing. You may want to check out the book: Fast & Fancy Revolver Shooting by Ed McGivern.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

If he was ONLY a Quick-Draw guy, that might be true Bob, but he does a lot of other stuff, WITH full-power ammunition too.