bry@n

CZ handguns

Okay, I believe NJPilot has one, cause I think I tried it, but I have been looking at them all day.

Who has a cz75?

Whats your take on it?

Experiences?

Looking for info, may want to take the plunge, maybe I can rent one at SS.

I love mine. Been 100% reliable and one of the more comfortable guns to shoot. I have a 75B 9mm, all steel frame tames recoil very well. Mine is DA/SA, Jermey's is SAO which I like better. I am going to convert mine to single action. You are always welcome to try it out.

Okay, I believe NJPilot has one, cause I think I tried it, but I have been looking at them all day.

Who has a cz75?

Whats your take on it?

Experiences?

Looking for info, may want to take the plunge, maybe I can rent one at SS.

lunker had one .40, may still have it. It's a great all metal gun, minimal recoil.

Bryan,

CZ's are the ****. I really liked mine (of course it's sold now). The compacts (CZ75B Compact, PCR, etc) are my favorites. The full size have steel frames and slides. The compacts have steel slides and alloy frames, except for the 75B (the one I owned) that has a steel frame. They are extremely well made and very accurate and easy to shoot. The only thing that could stand improvement is the trigger. It has a long double action pull, and the single action causes the hammer to pull back a little before release. It's not horrible, but it could be better. A $35 Bill Springfield trigger job (http://www.triggerwork.net/pistols.html) later, and my gun shot like a champ. The single action CZ's have a great trigger right out of the box. JonF and Jermz (Jeremy) have single action CZs. Keith (NJPilot) at BA and Guy at Shore Shot both have DA/SA CZs.

Try it at Shore Shot. I am sure you'll like it. They are the only other non-poly gun around these days besides Sig.

Bryan,

CZ's are the ****. I really liked mine (of course it's sold now). The compacts (CZ75B Compact, PCR, etc) are my favorites. The full size have steel frames and slides. The compacts have steel slides and alloy frames, except for the 75B (the one I owned) that has a steel frame. They are extremely well made and very accurate and easy to shoot. The only thing that could stand improvement is the trigger. It has a long double action pull, and the single action causes the hammer to pull back a little before release. It's not horrible, but it could be better. A $35 Bill Springfield trigger job (http://www.triggerwo...et/pistols.html) later, and my gun shot like a champ. The single action CZ's have a great trigger right out of the box. JonF and Jermz (Jeremy) have single action CZs. Keith (NJPilot) at BA and Guy at Shore Shot both have DA/SA CZs.

Try it at Shore Shot. I am sure you'll like it. They are the only other non-poly gun around these days besides Sig.

Tony at TJ has couple of CZ's. I want to buy one too, but my PP's are booked for months now :icon_exclaim:

I love mine. Been 100% reliable and one of the more comfortable guns to shoot. I have a 75B 9mm, all steel frame tames recoil very well. Mine is DA/SA, Jermey's is SAO which I like better. I am going to convert mine to single action. You are always welcome to try it out.

Tim,

if your coming on Tuesday, would you mind bringing it? I will have plenty of ammo.

Lunker,

Yeah I watched nutnfancy say there were stagey, which I can understand. Some of the older Sig 220's were that way.

Bryan,

If you come to the next Old Bridge USPSA shoot, you can shoot HuntingPaper's CZ75. =) That is if it doesnt rain. =P

lol

Actually, he did just buy one and loves it.

I had a 85b(cz 75b with ambi controls) and regret selling it.

I have a CZ75b Single Action. I love it. I have never had any issues with it. Its very easy to shoot accurately. Recoil is minimal. Hopefully I will make it Tuesday night. If so you are more then welcome to try it.

Picture394.jpg

I have the SP01 from the CZ custom shop so its not representative of a stock gun. it started out SA/DA but i put in the SA only trigger since thats all i used it for. The CZ custom shop (Ghost products) does a slick action job for a 2.5lb SA break, its really nice. Ergonomically, its probably the best i have. The accuracy is amazing as well!

IMG_0860.jpg

Does the standard SAO CZ become equivalent to the SA mode of DA/SA CZ (manually cocked)? In other words, is the pull weight of SAO about the same as SA mode of DA/SA? If yes, then I would prefer the DA/SA (assuming has decocker) ... but obviously you guys are finding the feel is different, so there is something else that's better on the SAO? Got to try it out.

I like the look of the 75b. My friend recently got an SP-01, and though I hate to be a party pooper, I didn't really care for it.

It was pretty large and awful heavy. While these of course are subjective complaints, the one thing I think might warrant a universal gripe is the trigger. Someone mentioned it might smooth out after a few hundy rounds, but man that thing was stiff and gritty even in SA =[

I reallly like the CZ's. They are natural pointing guns and quite reliable. People in the Soviet Union loved to have CZ's, and the typical first 9mm an Eastern European would buy.

They were cheap, so many westeners avoided them, however they found the hidden secret.

There are numerous CZ copies out there, TZ's, EAA Witness/Tangfolios, Baby Eagles/Jericho's, Cherochee's, etc. They are that good.

I have shot the standard DA/SA and enjoyed when I had the CZ 85. I have not shot the SAO, but would love to.

It is one of those guns that you buy, then you sell, then you regret it. It is a workhorse that will not blow you away, but will be missed when it is no longer there.

My only pet peeve with them, the slide, as it sits inside the frame, is very thin and tough to manipulate.

My only pet peeve with them, the slide, as it sits inside the frame, is very thin and tough to manipulate.

That is one of the things I really liked about the CZs. The slide sits inside the rails. It does mean that it is smaller to grip, but it also means the rails extend the entire length of the frame so the slide-to-frame fit is excellent and the action is very smooth.

That is one of the things I really liked about the CZs. The slide sits inside the rails. It does mean that it is smaller to grip, but it also means the rails extend the entire length of the frame so the slide-to-frame fit is excellent and the action is very smooth.

That's one of the things calling me to CZ.

I have a CZ75B and I like it a lot.

I wanted an all metal gun, and after narrowing the choice down between the 92FS and the CZ, I went with the CZ. It points well and naturally for me, is comfortable to hold and shoot, and when I take my time, I can usually make 1 1/2" to 2" groups at 12 to 15 yards. I probably have around 2,000 rounds through it with nary a hiccup of any kind. It's very forgiving of poor shooters.

I've used it to shoot USPSA a couple of times, and my only issue with it under those conditions is that the mag doesn't always drop out cleanly when doing a mag change.

It's an old school takedown system, aligning a couple of marks and pushing out the slide lock lever to disassemble the gun (and reverse to reassemble) but that's not a huge big deal for me.

I'll still probably get a Beretta, just because the thing is so damn classy, but I'm more than happy with the CZ, and may look into getting another one eventually.

For those curious about the SAO guns, i'm not sure there is a difference in the actual hammer and sear and subsequent trigger feel from that of a DA/SA gun when used in SA mode. So if you get a feel for the SA mode from a combo action gun, thats what a SAO gun will be like.

For instance, my SP01 came in DA/SA but since its a tuned IPSC / USPSA competition style gun, i never use it in DA mode. However, since its DA capable, it has a trigger with a deep recurve on it to get enough trigger sweep for DA mode that i didn't like as it comes back way to far for the SA break point. I called the CZ factory custom shop where i bought it from as they advertise a SA-only replacement trigger that has much less curve and sits almost dead center of the trigger guard when sitting at the SA break point (which is is always at since it eliminates DA mode entirely). This trigger also had pre and post travel adjustment set screws to further refine the movement. Basically, with the way the SA only trigger is positioned, it will never move beyond the SA reset to allow it to go into DA reset and so DA is totally eliminated. The trigger is totally drop-in with no gunsmithing required other than taking the action apart and reassembling. The trigger is actually an OEM CZ part as it comes off the CZ85 combat model (flat SA only trigger). They may add the overtravel setscrews later as an add-on but the point is that the trigger itself controls/limits the action mode in the CZ action.

Original DA/SA trigger (notice the deep curve of the trigger and far forward position as it sits at the DA start point):

IMG_0860.jpg

Same gun but with the SAO trigger i added later (notice the relatively flat trigger as it sits at the SAO break point):

IMG_2313.jpg

I shot NJPilot's P-01 last night and fell in love. Very cool and I have to say the ergo's are perfect for my hand. The acuracy was awesome and I dare say I shot it better than my Sig.

I like the idea of swapping the trigger to suite my needs. Think there is one on my near future. Checking one out tonight. :)

I have owned 4 CZ pistols, CZ rifle and a CZ shotgun. For some reason I have swapped them all away. I have always foud them expendable right when I am jonesing for another gun.

But I regret getting rid of my 85b (went to Maksim then to another) my PCR and the CZ427 .22 rifle. They are larger then a HiPower, smaller then Smiths fullsize. They are accurate, dead reliable and sturdy. I cont ever recall having a stoppage with one, ever.

Finding holster and accessoreis was always an issue... They were a steal when they were $100 cheaper then they are now... $319 for a 75b, back in 2000.

Between a SIG and a CZ it is not even an argument nowadays, the SIG trigger design still sucks and they are bulkier. The Czechs knew what they were doing on this gun.