takeji

gun range across the street

they added a few things to the gun range across the street from me. looks way better than how it used to be years ago when it was never used. now only if i can use it :icon_e_confused: sorry for the crappy pics, only have a crap cell phone camera.

p2909100853.jpg

p290910085301.jpg

resizep2909100851011000.jpg

resizep2909100851021000.jpg

resizep2909100850100000.jpg

i think the township uses it for qualifications so it is rarely used. every few months though it sounds like a war going on back there. seen a few swat trucks pull back there and unload. the range is off of massachusetes av. in lakewood. its the long dirt road you can see after the fire watch tower. and sorry for no caps, my shift keys are broken :icon_e_biggrin:

the third picture looks to be a paintball field. You can see the white from the paint after is has been out in the sun for a while. It turns into a paste like substance. When that pipe is struck it makes a very load sound. Thats most likely why is sounds like a "war" back here. everything else looks like a police range.

the third picture looks to be a paintball field. You can see the white from the paint after is has been out in the sun for a while. It turns into a paste like substance. When that pipe is struck it makes a very load sound. Thats most likely why is sounds like a "war" back here. everything else looks like a police range.

Yeah it is a paintpall field. But you can clearly tell the difference between gun fire and paintballs hitting plastic tubing.

Could be that they're using Simunitions on that field.

There is a company called "Real Action Markers' that makes both Glock and M-4 models that are 1-1 scale for training use. As far as Public Use..never gonna happen, there is WAY too much Liability involved for the Township.

There is a company called "Real Action Markers' that makes both Glock and M-4 models that are 1-1 scale for training use. As far as Public Use..never gonna happen, there is WAY too much Liability involved for the Township.

RAM paintball guns aren't 1-1 scale. They're still off by a lot.

the range is off of massachusetes av. in lakewood. its the long dirt road you can see after the fire watch tower. and sorry for no caps, my shift keys are broken

That's the old gravel pits that everyone used to shoot at up to the late 1970s or so. I used to go there on weekends and there were a lot of people shooting there. The police range was there with a sign that said keep out and as long as you kept out no one bothered you. The Lakewood PD would come by and as long as you had picked a good backstop they didn't bother you.

I was out of the state in the late 70s and early 80s and when I came back they had no shooting signs there, only the police range. I was told that there were some guys shooting rifles (M1 carbines I heard) from the hip and some rounds went through someone's door some distance away. That was the end of shooting there.

Make a generous donation during election season and see how things change lol. This I'd NJ pay to play baby!

I don't think this would work as there is a lot of liability in owning a range. Even if you sign liabilty waivers there are plenty of ways someone can sue if they got hurt. There is also the problem that unless you have it manned by a RO during shooting hours someone will shoot up the target frames and other amenities. Another problem is periodic lead recovery which isn't cheap.