ronhonda

Verizon to finally get iPhone

wsj has been reporting this like once a month.

until i hear it from apple or verizon i won't believe it.

plus it's hard to believe they're going to create a brand new iphone for verizon but have it using cdma as opposed to verizon's new 4g technology which is set to be rolled out by the end of the year.

see, guys, you are thinking about this wrong... it is APPLE!

First... they will release it to Verizon to get every pozer on verizon who wanted an iphone but could not get it....

then... 3 months later, they will release it on the 4g network to get the very same people to buy a brand new phone....

Get an Evo... Better, Faster, Cheaper.

if it means anything, I see all sorts of emails from vz and I saw nothing regarding this. In fact, I saw a email within the last month, that specifically stated vzw had no ambition to bring the iphone to vzw. They went out of their way to say that in the email. Now I am sure my wife would love one and so would i, but I doubt it.

I work indirectly for Verizon.. have not heard anything about the Iphone, and since the Droid just launched and is doing really well I don't understand the introduction of a competing product..

To get the Ipohone loving people away from Att. And this is more for Apple. Droid sales are taking a chunk out of Iphone sales, to the point where they cannot have an "exclusive" carrier. ie... I would consider the iphone, however no way in hell would I go on ATT service. Same thing as with the original Mac's.... apple could not keep Microsoft and softwindows away for ever, in order to grow, they had to cater to the mass markets.

Lastly, there is a reason to develop it for the Verizon system... CDMA being used by both Sprint and Verizon.... and most of all, 90% of all the prepaid services which are using either the Sprint or Verizon backbone/white box systems.

To get the Ipohone loving people away from Att. And this is more for Apple. Droid sales are taking a chunk out of Iphone sales, to the point where they cannot have an "exclusive" carrier. ie... I would consider the iphone, however no way in hell would I go on ATT service. Same thing as with the original Mac's.... apple could not keep Microsoft and softwindows away for ever, in order to grow, they had to cater to the mass markets.

Lastly, there is a reason to develop it for the Verizon system... CDMA being used by both Sprint and Verizon.... and most of all, 90% of all the prepaid services which are using either the Sprint or Verizon backbone/white box systems.

oh yeah man no question.. Verizon does eventually need to get the I-Phone.. we need it because as stated even with good alternatives there are people who will not leave AT&T due to the I-Phone..having it on Verizon would finally get those people over.. I am no apple fan boy but the I-Phone is pretty amazing.. but it is just timing to me at this point.. ride that Droid wave till its flat.. then once you are through that then look into the I-Phone.. that would likely be good timing IMO..