223lover

Bloods member beats homeowner

So let me get this straight. Homeowner asks kids to quiet down. Kid comes back and stomps homeowner,and cracks his skull in his own driveway. Kid may get only 364 days in jail, and maybe less if they count time served.

Ya know that tried by 12, carried by 6 is starting to make a whole lot more sense to me now. Welcome to New Jersey where corruption errrrr... crime is king.

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/20101020/UPDATES01/101020048/Admitted-gang-member-admits-beating-Mount-Olive-dad-over-disrespect-

There is a reason for that. Hopefully someone with even more knowledge will pop in.....but there is a certain time frame delegated to each level of offense (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th). And for some reason, I believe that 1+years in jail has to do with a felony....

Ya know that tried by 12, carried by 6 is starting to make a whole lot more sense to me now. Welcome to New Jersey where corruption errrrr... crime is king.

There's a reason that that quote is in my signiture, I live by it.

364? What, he gets Christmas off?

I am not 100% sure on this, but I believe if you were sentenced to serve 365 day's or more you would have to serve your time in prison instead of county lockup. 364 day's keeps you in county jail and away from Bubba.

I am not 100% sure on this, but I believe if you were sentenced to serve 365 day's or more you would have to serve your time in prison instead of county lockup. 364 day's keeps you in county jail and away from Bubba.

Yup, and if you serve a full year then you can't vote or own guns! Future democrat in the wings right there!

So, today I have read about.....

A guy who had a locked, unloaded gun in his trunk transporting it from house to house, and was sentenced to 7 years in prison.

A violent, self-admitted gang member who beat and seriously injured someone, and he will be out in less than a year.

Gotta love the "justice" system huh?

• Like 2

This kid probably got 364 days for giving up one of the higher ups in the gang. I cant wait for the day that somebody goes "Sike!!! No way in hell Im giving you a break kid, tough noogies, sorry you gave up your gang leader!!" After all, deception is totally legal during an interrogation.

• Like 1

+1 Yankees31 County jails are worse than state jails.

Why do these prosecutors always plea bargain with these criminals? I dont get it. He admitted to the crime so lock his a** up.

Simple Answer?? Money...... Trials cost a crapton of money, and take up time of everyone involved, victims, Witnesses, prosecutors, and Cops, so they try to avoid them as much as possible, and save the courtroom time vor VERY serious offenses, as opposed to just "Serious" ones. Out of every 10 indictable Offenses I charge, about half are kicked down to Municipal court immediately, out of the other 5 30% Get pled before the Grand Jury even convenes, and the 20% that go to GJ, 90% of them Plead as well.I havent been to trial in superior Court in ages.

• Like 1

I will keep my opinions short and to the point.. there is a simple cheap solution for people like this.. and it involves a strong length of rope.. and a nice sturdy tree branch that stands a couple feet higher than this idiot...

as pointed out.. America.. where law abiding citizens are punished.. and self admitted gang members get to bargain.. gotta love it..

• Like 4

I will keep my opinions short and to the point.. there is a simple cheap solution for people like this.. and it involves a strong length of rope.. and a nice sturdy tree branch that stands a couple feet higher than this idiot...

as pointed out.. America.. where law abiding citizens are punished.. and self admitted gang members get to bargain.. gotta love it..

Yeah but then there is that whole Pesky Constitution thing and Due process..... Can't pick and choose the 2nd of you reject the 5th, 6th, and 8th.

Obviously this victim at 40+ years old wasn't any match for an 18 year old gang banger. So what could his wife or a neighbor have done to help him? The actor didnt have a gun or a knife so deadly force is ruled out. Anyone helping him couldn't even have used a baseball bat. So I guess we just have to let someone crack our skulls, or WE are the ones who would be doing 7 to 10 for murdering is poor, misguided, youth. Even if you had a ccw permit, how could you be justified in using it? I guess we should be grateful the poor youth (tongue embeded in cheek) wasn't just charged with 4th degree simple assault. And to add insult to injury, his free defense attorney claims her client doesn't even have the money to cover the victims medical bills. Give me a Friggin break.

Obviously this victim at 40+ years old wasn't any match for an 18 year old gang banger. So what could his wife or a neighbor have done to help him? The actor didnt have a gun or a knife so deadly force is ruled out. Anyone helping him couldn't even have used a baseball bat. So I guess we just have to let someone crack our skulls, or WE are the ones who would be doing 7 to 10 for murdering is poor, misguided, youth. Even if you had a ccw permit, how could you be justified in using it? I guess we should be grateful the poor youth (tongue embeded in cheek) wasn't just charged with 4th degree simple assault. And to add insult to injury, his free defense attorney claims her client doesn't even have the money to cover the victims medical bills. Give me a Friggin break.

That isn't true. If you fear someone's life is in danger it is in danger. That rules "in" deadly physical force. A bat would be perfectly fine. Probably a very satisfying sound too.

• Like 1

Kicking somebody in the back and stomping their head while they lay on the ground IS deadly force and DID threaten the victims life. I dont know about a neighbor, but anybody who lived in the household could have used a form of deadly force to protect the victim.

• Like 3

Thanks for the information. I really thought it would be a lose - lose situation for anyone to help but the police. Somehow, I think no matter what, the good guys would wind up in court over that. I'm sorry but somehow I feel for this guy who got beat up for asking these people to stop offending his family.

To hear his lawyer droning on and on about how her client has no money blah blah blah. It makes me nuts!