theRU

Stay away from 287 near rt 22

I drove by an MVA on 95 about a month ago where they were carrying off the body in a bag. Later come to find out that the person committed suicide by jumping in front of an 18 wheeler. Half of the front bumper was completely torn off, I didnt even want to imagine what the body looked like.....

It's on 287 South - by Exit 14 - Right and Center lanes. Some traffic is getting through but the traffic's tied up all the way to exit 22.

I think this was a suicide. Body is still laying there apparently. Down to one lane.

Stuff like this really sucks for the poor motorist who's car gets picked to be the one by the jumper.

This. I would find it incredibly hard to get past if my car was chosen. On top of that, it is a highly selfish move. Jumping in front of a car could EASILY cause the driver to swerve.....next thing you know there is a pile up, and several other innocent drivers get killed. Pisses me off that someone would not only be selfish enough to take their own life, but put the lives of many others at risk to do so.

• Like 1

On top of that, it is a highly selfish move. Jumping in front of a car could EASILY cause the driver to swerve.....next thing you know there is a pile up, and several other innocent drivers get killed. Pisses me off that someone would not only be selfish enough to take their own life, but put the lives of many others at risk to do so.

+1. Jump in front of the train. It's usually going as fast as a car. You won't know the difference and won't get anybody else killed.

I do remember being on the train to New Brunswick and we got held up because someone jumped in frontt of it.

+1. Jump in front of the train. It's usually going as fast as a car. You won't know the difference and won't get anybody else killed.

I do remember being on the train to New Brunswick and we got held up because someone jumped in frontt of it.

Really, I think the only worse feeling than being the one chosen for someone to jump in front of, would be swerving out of the way, and killing the family in the mini-van who was driving next to you. The train, yes, much safer option. But you are still holding people up and putting unnecessary strain on the conscience of others who may have been directing the train. Its simply not fair. This may sound cold, and I do feel sorry for people who feel depressed enough that jumping in front of a fast moving object is a viable solution.....but its not. Honestly......its just something that holds everyone else up who actually does cherish life, and the people in their life. Dont put that on me or anyone else.

From someone whom runs trains, please, do not advise jumping in front of a goddamn train. When hired on to the class 1 railroads you are told to expect to kill someone, and if you cant handle it dont work for the RR. Alot of engineers involved with fatalities experience PTSD. At high speed, the body sometimes can be sucked up onto the windshield where it then explodes in front of your face. I've seen survelance videos of the recent suicide a few months ago on amtrak, totally vaporized. Instead of 1 motorist affected and a traffic jam, its now 50 people having to pick up the guts strewn over a few hundred yards, the engineer, all the people on the train, and then 50,000 other commuters delayed. I've almost hit a little kid before, and its very scary when you cant just hit the brake pedal like in a car.

Just walk into the woods and hang yourself or shoot yourself, seriously. Minimal cleanup, nobody involved. Nice and simple.

This may sound cold, and I do feel sorry for people who feel depressed enough that jumping in front of a fast moving object is a viable solution.....but its not. Honestly......its just something that holds everyone else up who actually does cherish life, and the people in their life. Dont put that on me or anyone else.

i think you will find that that is exactly why they chose to do it that way. That way they make a mark on the way out.

Here is an article from nj.com about the accident.

I drive by that place twice a day. Guy was 37 years old.

http://www.nj.com/messenger-gazette/index.ssf/2010/11/pedestrian_killed_on_route_287_in_bridgewater_identified_as_37-year-old_bound-brook_man.html

It's all fun and games until Mid-August at 95 Degrees and 99% Humidity and the ME is handing out Tupperwares and Putty knives, and tells you "OK, We're still missing most of the skull and brain, 8 fingers, half a foot, 9 ribs, a heart, a lung, and a left breast."

It's all fun and games until Mid-August at 95 Degrees and 99% Humidity and the ME is handing out Tupperwares and Putty knives, and tells you "OK, We're still missing most of the skull and brain, 8 fingers, half a foot, 9 ribs, a heart, a lung, and a left breast."

Oh dude....come on. It's dinnertime.

Just walk into the woods and hang yourself or shoot yourself, seriously. Minimal cleanup, nobody involved. Nice and simple.

You could not have spoken more ignorant, thoughtless words. Clearly you have never dealt with the loss of anyone from suicide. If you had you would know that there is never one that occurs that does not affect someone. To say that no one is ever involved because a public display was not made in the attempt is stupid. Any person that deciedes to take thier own life is commiting a selfish act, and is not taking into consideration who will find them, or the affects that it will have on thier friends and family. The fallout from a suicide is undescibable, whether you are a innocent bystander or some that knows them.

In the future try to use a little discrection before making ignorant comments.

• Like 1

You could not have spoken more ignorant, thoughtless words. Clearly you have never dealt with the loss of anyone from suicide. If you had you would know that there is never one that occurs that does not affect someone. To say that no one is ever involved because a public display was not made in the attempt is stupid. Any person that deciedes to take thier own life is commiting a selfish act, and is not taking into consideration who will find them, or the affects that it will have on thier friends and family. The fallout from a suicide is undescibable, whether you are a innocent bystander or some that knows them.

In the future try to use a little discrection before making ignorant comments.

You are right about the pain it causes others but in the end, your life is your own. What you do with it is your own decision. If you choose to end it, let it be where it won't potentially cause more loss of life.

• Like 1