All right, I confess, I'm an equipment junkie. Just remedied the holster and mag pouch part of the equation, but was wondering which competition belt set-up (uder belt/over belt - velcro) those of you that compete favor. I found a vendor - Red Dot - who carries AA and CR. Is there any benefit of the one over the other? Are there others out there that you feel are better? How about vendors that carry this type of equipment? Keep in mind that I'm a wide-body, so we need large sizes.

The idea is that if I spend enough on equipment, I'll eventually guilt myself into participating.

Thanks for any help & guidance.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I have a CR Speedbelt. Got it at shootersconnection.com. Price was good and shipment was fast. I wouldn't order direct from CR as I hear they take forever because they are based out of South Africa or something.

I like the belt. Just keep in mind you can't use it in IDPA.

Also, the whole nonsense with ordering a CR belt 4 inches larger than you need is just that. Nonsense. I just regret getting it so large. Maybe I'll sell the one I have and get a smaller one. I don't know. It's huge.

I use CR speed belts.

They come in many sizes.

The only drawback is that if you are running multiple rigs, you need to order another belt set. The outer belt cannot be purchased separately.

Just order a belt 2 sizes BIGGER than what you normally wear. So if your waist size is 40, order a 44.

Also order it from Brownells, they have them in stock and you will help out our forum.

I have a CR Speedbelt. Got it at shootersconnection.com. Price was good and shipment was fast. I wouldn't order direct from CR as I hear they take forever because they are based out of South Africa or something.

I like the belt. Just keep in mind you can't use it in IDPA.

Also, the whole nonsense with ordering a CR belt 4 inches larger than you need is just that. Nonsense. I just regret getting it so large. Maybe I'll sell the one I have and get a smaller one. I don't know. It's huge.

Yes you can't use the outer belt for IDPA, but you can use the inner belt for IDPA. The ordering larger than what you normally wear works for most shooters. Sorry Steph if it's a bit big for you. (someone will take that out of context) And yes if you order direct (which you might if your vendor of choice does not have your size)it will take about 2 weeks to order. They ship from South Africa and they need to convert our money into krugerrands. Hope this helps.

I disagree with this. My belts waaaaay too big because I did this. Maybe if you're a 40 get a 42. MAYBE.

Some people attach the belt in the rear and like the extra length to tighten the belt. Gives people more options in placing their gear.

Does Brownells have a good price? I'd love to support the forum and all but the price is a huuuuuuuge point for me. It's the spending....er....xmas season!

About $60 same price as everywhere else. If you get the jobber discount and you have some coupon codes you can save more. The price is really fair once you see the advantages you get over a regular belt. IMHO, if you shoot matches of some kind, you should get one.

Bob,

I have a AA that I haven't used yet and it's a extra chubby size.

Give me a call and we can meet. You can try it out and see how it feels. Do you still have my #? Wawa?

Bryan,

Thanks for the offer. I know you're just dying to find excuses to get out of the house. I would almost bet I'm about extra-chubby x 1.5. Just PM me the size (too embarrassed to disclose publicly) - if it's doable we can meet-up. Otherwise will probably get the new CR Super Hi-Torque. Thanks.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bryan,

Thanks for the offer. I know you're just dying to find excuses to get out of the house. I would almost bet I'm about extra-chubby x 1.5. Just PM me the size (too embarrassed to disclose publicly) - if it's doable we can meet-up. Otherwise will probably get the new CR Super Hi-Torque. Thanks.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

In that case, Bob, you must get out of the house more ...:icon_mrgreen:

AA Belt.

Sorry steph, but you are wrong on the AA belts... they are small!

I wear size 32 pants, yet had to wear a size 36 AA belt to get the right overlap. I also have a Size 34, and it barely has a 2 inch overlap.

Bob... take a tape measure around your waist, and add 4 inches to be safe.

I like the AA belts... sturdy, and hold up pretty well. one I bought new, another used.

AA Belt.

Sorry steph, but you are wrong on the AA belts... they are small!

I wear size 32 pants, yet had to wear a size 36 AA belt to get the right overlap. I also have a Size 34, and it barely has a 2 inch overlap.

Bob... take a tape measure around your waist, and add 4 inches to be safe.

I like the AA belts... sturdy, and hold up pretty well. one I bought new, another used.

If you are using your pant size as the actual measure of your waist you are way off. There is no regulations and the fashion industry can call whatever size a 32 they want. I buy pants size 34, but if you measure my waist it measures about 38". I haven't checked out these belts myself, but by the sounds of it the guys are going by their pant size, not their actual waist measurement, so adding 4 to that is about right. Steph probably went off her actual waist measurement and that is why hers is to large after adding 4".

First of all, are any belts or mag pouches disallowed in competition? If not, then following is relevant to ask.

I am wondering, what's so special about these CR / AA belts - why so expensive? It's nylon outer, w/ Velcro on the inner layer for adjustment ... or am I missing something? Maybe it's just the brand name?

For example, I see this Safariland nylon belt at Brownells, $25 shipped. I also have a UTG belt with essentially same function, bought for under $10! I am sure there is difference in quality of construction ... but I don't want to pay more than I have to.

Similar question on mag pouches to go with the belt. I got several single and double mag pouches (made in Israel) from CDDN recently that cost much less than the CR branded mag pouches. Are the branded ones needed?

I came across this holster rig while searching. Of course, this is a CR knock-off ...

Rad yes that is only the inner you also need the outer, with the cr belt it is 2 piece you put on the inner belt through your pant loops and the outer belt with all your hardware velcros to it... this way you can likne up all your mags and holster without the loops being in the way, i have to buy one of these belts myself as i had a hard time prepping at the match i shot last month..

Look as if they are selling the inner and outer belt separately.

Cheaper here. I don't know about shipping.

http://shootersconnectionstore.com/CR-Speed-Hi-Torque-Belt-Black-P201.aspx

As far as I know of, they have always been sold as an inner/outer combo. Never separate.

First of all, are any belts or mag pouches disallowed in competition? If not, then following is relevant to ask.

I am wondering, what's so special about these CR / AA belts - why so expensive? It's nylon outer, w/ Velcro on the inner layer for adjustment ... or am I missing something? Maybe it's just the brand name?

For example, I see this Safariland nylon belt at Brownells, $25 shipped. I also have a UTG belt with essentially same function, bought for under $10! I am sure there is difference in quality of construction ... but I don't want to pay more than I have to.

Similar question on mag pouches to go with the belt. I got several single and double mag pouches (made in Israel) from CDDN recently that cost much less than the CR branded mag pouches. Are the branded ones needed?

I came across this holster rig while searching. Of course, this is a CR knock-off ...

The belts are "special" because they offer a SOLID base for your gear when at a match. The inner belt is worn like any other belt, through the belt loops on your pants or shorts. The outer belt is where you mount your holster and mag pouches. Once you find the "right" mounting position for you that is within the rules for whatever division you are shooting in, you leave it there. So every match you tighten your inner belt and attach the outer belt and the position of the equipment will always be the same. The belt does not move or flex like a regular belt will. With practice and repetitive use, you will know exactly where your gear is.

I know that in IDPA you CAN'T use the outer belt for your gear, (you can use the inner)but in USPSA and steel matches it is good to go.

As far as equipment goes, you can more or less use whatever you want. But I would stay away from airsoft specific or cheap knock-offs.(http://airsoft-club.com/shop/tactical-gear/holster/belt-holster/big-dragon-ipsc-cr-speed-belt-holster-black) The gear being sold today has been tested and used by many shooters for years. There are many different companies that offer equipment at various prices to meet your needs. As a shooter and a RO, I would be kind of leery of a person using airsoft gear with a real firearm. Look, we are "playing" with REAL guns, luckily no one has ever suffered a serious injury due to a firearm accident at a USPSA or IDPA match that I know of.

There is nothing wrong with the safariland belt that you mentioned. Me personally, I prefer to use CR Speed belts, as do 98% of the people I shoot with. So I will recommend CR speed or AA(similar in style) to anyone asking because I know they work. I looked at the safariland and others but I did not like them.

I have spent a lot of money over the years buying gear and equipment. Mostly because I purchased items that I thought would work, but ended up replacing several times. For example, I think I honestly have gone through 7 different holsters for my 1911 and Glock, until I got a Bladetech. They make quality gear that cost a little more than others, but IMHO and countless others they the best(non race)holster out there. For my other guns I use a race holster (AA Race Master), which replaced my CR speed holster that I used for 3&1/2 years. Look you are going to get many different opinions on what to buy and use cause it works for whoever you are asking. (like mine) But do yourself a favor, you like most of us has spent some money on whatever gun you have. Ask around, see if you can try out some different gear, and make your own decision on what you want. But know that if you get into competition shooting, and get hooked like most do, be prepared to spend money on ammo and gear. You going to need more ammo to shoot, and new gear cause you are looking for the latest and greatest.