vladtepes

No Carry In Disney?

Disney has a strict no firearms policy. Not even an off duty police officer can carry on there property.

This is a Disney rule and I think it should be a Federal/State rule. Disney is a place for kids and should fall under a zero weapons policy just like schools do.

I hope you are joking. NJ has a strict no-guns policy, and look at where our crime rates are. CCW statistically reduces crime, and could potentially save lives. Imagine someone on a shooting spree somewhere in the middle of Disney......it would take law enforcement far too long to arrive given the size of the property. Someone on their way to go in and shoot up Disney won't look at a sign that says "No guns allowed" and think "Ahhhh shucks", just turn around and go home.

Ok... so, even if it was so safe that you shouldnt need a gun, I'de still carry one just because I can.

Its like this. You carry a fire extinguisher in your vehicle. When your driving in the rain, do you turn around, go home, and put the fire extinguisher in your garage because you wont need it right then and there? Nope, easier to just leave it in the car, just in case. Carry it around everywhere. Same with guns, IMHO.

• Like 1

Here is a link to USA Carry for Disney.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/general-firearm-discussion/367-disney-world-concealed-carry.html

If you are carrying concealed, you are not breaking the law... and can only be asked to leave.

Ok, two questions. We are driving down to Disney in February. I have my Florida CCW, first off what do I do with my firearm when I get to SC? I know they do not recognize out of state residence with a FL CCW to carry concealed. However, could I leave my firearm in plain site and not in the glove box while traveling through there?

Second question, I know firearms are not allowed in the parks, but what about when on Disney property like a Disney hotel, beach or just strolling through Downtown Disney?

Ok, two questions. We are driving down to Disney in February. I have my Florida CCW, first off what do I do with my firearm when I get to SC? I know they do not recognize out of state residence with a FL CCW to carry concealed. However, could I leave my firearm in plain site and not in the glove box while traveling through there?

Second question, I know firearms are not allowed in the parks, but what about when on Disney property like a Disney hotel, beach or just strolling through Downtown Disney?

I would lock firearm in case in trunk when going thru S.Carolina ( and Maryland )

Should have no issues on Disney grounds, OUTSIDE the parks....

This post is a joke right?

Not at all.

I hope you are joking. NJ has a strict no-guns policy, and look at where our crime rates are. CCW statistically reduces crime, and could potentially save lives. Imagine someone on a shooting spree somewhere in the middle of Disney......it would take law enforcement far too long to arrive given the size of the property. Someone on their way to go in and shoot up Disney won't look at a sign that says "No guns allowed" and think "Ahhhh shucks", just turn around and go home.

I see where your coming from, but unfortunately my belief is if I see someone with a firearm at Disney he should have a badge on his chest.

I'm a commercial driver and there are strict laws about holding a hazardous materials endorsement. The government wants to do finger printing and background checks so I can hold my hazmat endorsement, if a terrorist wanted to blow up a mall he wouldn't stop at DMV to get a permit for a CDL and proper endorsements then go to a FBI fingerprinting center to get a background check, he would just drive the damn truck grinding gears all the way to the mall and blow it up.

I believe that Disney should be covered under the "gun free school zone act". Parents should be able to bring there children to a place designed for children and not have to worry about anyone possessing a firearm. Maybe Disney should post signs and supply secured gun volt lockers instead of asking customers to leave the premises when a firearm is seen on them.

Some will look at it as you stated, "what if" some wako wanted to conflict damage at Disney and you were armed to stop him.

Some will look at it as "what if" a legally armed individual who also was careless decides to play with and/or show-off his firearm at Disney and shoots a child. Or 'what if" a legally carrying individual were to find out his wife was cheating on him and decides to shoot the place up chasing his wife.

These a lot of "what if's" so we could argue this point all day long, but I hope were not going to do that.

I agree that there are a lot of "what ifs". That's why I want to get a CCW, because "what if?" I would much rather trust someone who goes through the legal process carry through Disney, then let some crazy wacko run rampant among the parks unchallenged until law enforcement finds him. I understand your point of view, you understand mine, I am perfectly content at leaving it at that.

I agree that there are a lot of "what ifs". That's why I want to get a CCW, because "what if?" I would much rather trust someone who goes through the legal process carry through Disney, then let some crazy wacko run rampant among the parks unchallenged until law enforcement finds him. I understand your point of view, you understand mine, I am perfectly content at leaving it at that if you wish.

Speaking of Gun Free zones..

I wish I would be able to carry at my first High School. Elizabeth High School. 3rd worst in the nation. Someone would get stabbed, shot or otherwise seriously hurt every day. Kids in 8th grade threw a teacher out the 4th story, kids in high school stabbed a cop on a horse.

What about Columbine?

I would be all for a gun free zone... as long as the institution can guarantee my safety.

As others have mentioned, parking lots are as big if not bigger than the parks, yet there is absolutely no security for the most part. If you are coming back at night... who is going to help?

For the most part, when I stayed at the Disney Swan resort, by Epcot, I felt quite safe... yet, were I to leave the enclosed tourist area and strolled through the lots... I would be caution on that 1/4 to 1/2 mile journey to my car. Especially since... criminals dont bother paying attention to laws.

Does Disney have the right to say "no guns, try and you are banned for life"? Absolutely... but what kind of an image would it project waiting for a TSA patdown to enter Magic Kingdom.

Or 'what if" a legally carrying individual were to find out his wife was cheating on him and decides to shoot the place up chasing his wife.

and what if this happened, and you happened to be in the area, and your wife and kids were caught in the middle, and you couldnt do anything at all because you, the responsible gun owner and model citizen, decided to leave your gun at home because it's the right thing to do. i guess you'd be ok with that because disney is a kids place.

• Like 1

Does Disney have the right to say "no guns, try and you are banned for life"? Absolutely... but what kind of an image would it project waiting for a TSA patdown to enter Magic Kingdom.

i dont think they really care about CCW if you think about it.

if they wanted NO guns, they'd post in plain site at every gate NO guns.

i think their mindset is as follows. (personal opinion here) they get a lot of tourists from all over the world, some areas where there are strict handgun laws. they figure some people would get real upset if they saw an un-uniformed person carrying, so they say no guns. then they ignore the issue unless they happen to actually see you. if you dont conceal well enough that they cant see it, then you really aren't concealing well enough to make sure those unaccustomed to seeing a gun on someone wont see you either.

• Like 1

i dont think they really care about CCW if you think about it.

if they wanted NO guns, they'd post in plain site at every gate NO guns.

i think their mindset is as follows. (personal opinion here) they get a lot of tourists from all over the world, some areas where there are strict handgun laws. they figure some people would get real upset if they saw an un-uniformed person carrying, so they say no guns. then they ignore the issue unless they happen to actually see you. if you dont conceal well enough that they cant see it, then you really aren't concealing well enough to make sure those unaccustomed to seeing a gun on someone wont see you either.

I think this is the situation.. for a place that supposedly doesnt want me to be armed.. they really didnt go through ANY effort to make sure that I wasn't.. I could have been carrying a friggin shotgun into that place.. and I doubt anyone would have even noticed..

I'll bet Disney wants to have their cake and eat it too... I think they want the perception that they are "gun free" for the bliss ninnies yet are scared to death of the liability if some jihadi opens up on a park full of defenseless people following a "posted" Disney policy of no guns... Kind of smart actually, they can play it both ways. If there is an accident they can claim the person had the firearm their in violation of their policy and if said jihadi shows up they can claim they don't prevent people from defending themselves...

I had heard from someone who had been told by local LEO near Disney that there has been a lot of crime in the area around Disney, mainly in the lots.....they don't want it publicized so you don't hear much about it....mainly robberies

A close friend I used to be stationed with lives outside of Whorelando and told me how bad things really are and how the papers and Chambers of Commerce do everything possible to prevent the news from getting out. His family owns and operates several 7-11 type of stores in the area. VERY American run...almost to the point of a law suit. Anyway, In the last two years I've carried in the Disney Park three times, Disney's Corronado Conference Center for about 8 days and Universal Studios once, plus all the other work and vacation related events. Being involved in the security biz, you know that AQ and all sorts of BG's look at Disney, Theme Parks and shopping malls as a Mecca for carnage. These are EXACTLY the places you need to carry to protect your family. Nuff said.

BTW, if they found my LCP, I'd just go back to the car and lock it up.

BTW, if they found my LCP, I'd just go back to the car and lock it up.

This was one thing I was wondering.....lets say you are SOMEWHERE that finds out you are carrying, and they ask you to leave. Can you leave, lock your firearm up, and come back? Can they ask you to leave again if you are not carrying?

This was one thing I was wondering.....lets say you are SOMEWHERE that finds out you are carrying, and they ask you to leave. Can you leave, lock your firearm up, and come back? Can they ask you to leave again if you are not carrying?

I would think it depends on how you were acting...

Ie... they find out you have a firearm, and you start acting like a douchebag and start the whole 2a crusade.... then kiss your butt goodbye...

or they find out and you politely excuse yourself.

As long as you were not "memorable", I would think you are ok.

I would think it depends on how you were acting...

Ie... they find out you have a firearm, and you start acting like a douchebag and start the whole 2a crusade.... then kiss your butt goodbye...

or they find out and you politely excuse yourself.

As long as you were not "memorable", I would think you are ok.

I understand what you are saying, but I was referring more to the legal aspect. Are they asking YOU to leave the premises, or are they asking the firearm to leave the premises? Can they simply ask ANYONE to leave, at which point they are trespassing if they don't leave.....or can they simply ask someone to leave because they are carrying a firearm.

Disney has a strict no firearms policy. Not even an off duty police officer can carry on there property.

This is a Disney rule and I think it should be a Federal/State rule. Disney is a place for kids and should fall under a zero weapons policy just like schools do.

This is NOT me!

and what if this happened, and you happened to be in the area, and your wife and kids were caught in the middle, and you couldnt do anything at all because you, the responsible gun owner and model citizen, decided to leave your gun at home because it's the right thing to do. i guess you'd be ok with that because disney is a kids place.

"What if" when that guy was entering Disney property, security turned him away because of the firearm. He would have never made it onto the property to begin with. So like I said, let's not get into the "What Ifs". :thsmiley_deadhorse:

I am very torn on this subject.....

I am still leaning toward a "No Gun" policy at disney....

I just look at it from my shoes.... If something was to "go down".... would I really draw my weapon and be willing to "take that shot" surrounded by kids....

I just could not live with the blood of an innocent child on my hands.... Let a LEO who is trained in making that decision do it....

..... still very torn..... I admit it.

I am very torn on this subject.....

I am still leaning toward a "No Gun" policy at disney....

I just look at it from my shoes.... If something was to "go down".... would I really draw my weapon and be willing to "take that shot" surrounded by kids....

I just could not live with the blood of an innocent child on my hands.... Let a LEO who is trained in making that decision do it....

..... still very torn..... I admit it.

67GTONUT, my statements are made in general and not specifically geared at you. But you had the courage to say what many are thinking about themselves.

If you are unsure, then don't take the shot. If you are huddled and the perp comes toward you and your family, and they get within 10 yards and closing fast, then what would you do? You shouldn't be taking a shot across Main Street USA unless YOU are confident of YOUR skills. Perhaps more training would help expand your comfort zone. If I have a 380 on me, it is going to be up close and personal. Odds are if they are that close, I'll elect to use my edged weapon and keep the pistola for follow ups. If I have my 1911 with me, then it is be across Main Street and thru the glass of a gift shop to stop a bad guy. Doing nothing to stop evil is unacceptable to me. If someone gets hurt from me trying to save others, so be it. Being a spectator to carnage is not in my DNA.

I know I am going to get flamed, but this topic illustrates why I feel people need to prove a certain level of proficiency before having a CCW. At home, your place, your rules. If you are out in public, you have a civil obligation to be a good shot under stressful conditions.

• Like 1

that is the BEST time.. kids are short.. makes for a nice clean shot.. :icon_mrgreen:

Opera clapping...bravo...hoot...hoot...fist pumping.

Never thought of it that way. I am going have to use that logic.

I understand what you are saying, but I was referring more to the legal aspect. Are they asking YOU to leave the premises, or are they asking the firearm to leave the premises? Can they simply ask ANYONE to leave, at which point they are trespassing if they don't leave.....or can they simply ask someone to leave because they are carrying a firearm.

If you are caught carrying inside the park they will ASK you politely to leave the park. You can’t leave the gun in your car while parking in their lot and return to the park. I was told by friends that work for Disney.