djg0770

A short story, my order, my wife & the post office

So I put together a small group buy for some bullets from Dardas. I have nothing but good to say about them, their service, and their packaging methods. These guys are phenomenal at packaging and shipping bullets and making sure that their product gets to you intact.

Anyhow - on with the story.

Order is placed and I get several tracking numbers for several packages. I have a pretty good idea when they should be at the post office and finally the tracking numbers show "Out for Delivery" or the Post Office equivalent this past Saturday.

Saturday comes and goes without any delivery from the Post Office.

Monday, of course, is a Federal Holiday and the Post Office is closed.

Today in the mail, we get two cards - your packages arrived, you can pick them up tomorrow after 10 am. I called Mrs DJG and asked for her to go to the Post Office and pickup my bullets - and I told her that they will weigh a ton and that she should have these lazy people at the post office who made no attempt to make a delivery to help her put these in the car.

So, like a good wife - nah, a GREAT wife, she does what I ask and goes to the Post Office. A gentleman of <cough> "Spanish" extraction assisted her and it took him forever to find the packages. They get the cart and push it to the side door and basically tell her, here you go.

Thank God she's a stubborn German woman. She said "No way buddy - you've gotta get someone to help me, I can't lift these things." So, they send an older gentleman out to help her, he's grumbling the whole time, lamenting that he actually has to do some work and all. Finally, he says, "What's in these boxes? Rocks?"

And without missing a beat - she says "NOPE, THEY'RE BULLETS..." His face (she says) was PRICELESS, something between OH SH!T and Why did I open my mouth? He then said "Is there any place I should know not to be?"

It was amazing how quickly the gentleman then loaded the car and how quickly he then went back inside the Post Office.

I think they will be treating her differently the next time she goes in to mail something. ;)

yup they should of delivered them to your house Dan. Next time I would call them and tell them to deliver them to your house because that's the postage that you paid for them.

The guy on my route actually even hand a handtruck in his truck specifically just for my boxes the last time I ordered LOL

But so proud of the Wife, she did it perfectly

Mrs DJG was home when the mail came - they never had the stuff on the truck I tell you.

My postal delivery lady never even loads boxes into the truck. She just fills out a slip of paper "sorry, we missed you" and leaves it in the mailbox. My wife is always home so it's just the fat lazy delivery lady avoiding delivering the package.

Does your postal worker have a little white truck or is it a walking beat? I only ask because where I used to live, our postman walked and big stuff would come in one of those little white jeeps...but the service was spotty.

Then I moved down the Jersey shore. My new postal delivery person is great! She always brings stuff up to the door and does a courtesy door bell ring. She will hold mail for me for a day or so without having to go and fill out any forms, I just have to tell her. Hell, she will even bring me stamps if I can't get out to get them (although I have never asked her to). She always has a smile and a wave when she sees us, such a dramatic change from old grumpy where we used to live. 32 years I lived there and never knew his name? Vicky met me the day I moved in here, stopped and introduced herself and said if we needed anything from the post office, just let her know or leave her a note.

And without missing a beat - she says "NOPE, THEY'RE BULLETS..." His face (she says) was PRICELESS, something between OH SH!T and Why did I open my mouth? He then said "Is there any place I should know not to be?"

It was amazing how quickly the gentleman then loaded the car and how quickly he then went back inside the Post Office.

My UPS guy started wearing a weight belt about 9 months ago. I always know when he is coming because of the UPS tracking and the motion detectors. So I open the door to greet him. Same thing everytime. Dragging the handcart through my icy and snowy driveway. When he sees me open the door, "You got more ammo!" Huffing and puffing.

I remember reading a post on here one time stating the poster thought they frightened other customers because they had a box of ammo in their shopping cart. Well, 99.99% of shoppers don't care about the one gun I have that is visible no matter what hippy or girly store I got dragged into, let alone the grocery store.

I think it's true that reality is perception. The guy was probably joking with your wife. And she felt the ammo was a bigger part of the situation than it was.

It's not a walking beat though some of the homeowners still have their mailboxes on the houses, so the guy stops the truck, gets out and walks up to the house to deliver the mail. It's the strangest thing ever.

They did the same thing where I used to live. Each house they would stop the truck, get out, deliver the mail, get back in, start the truck, drive forward 25 feet, and start all over. Complete waste of gas. At one point we had a mailman that realized it was not only quicker and better on gas....but less walking to actually walk house to house since the houses were closer to each other than to the street.

At one point we had a mailman that realized it was not only quicker and better on gas....but less walking to actually walk house to house since the houses were closer to each other than to the street.

...He was quickly fired for thinking without approval.