MedicYeti

How's the weather?

Mid-30s in the greater Princeton area. Fog everywhere, making it kind of eerie. They're saying that the temp is suppose to drop back down tonight, so, the huge puddles forming should be fun to deal with tomorrow morning.

Around 33F light feezing drizzle. Had to shovel out the end of the driveway, damn that Sh8T was heavy. Still have about 2 feet worth of snow on my lawn and 3 feet where its been getting piled up. It's getting to the point where, if we get any more snow, i really might run out of room to put it.

It's in the 50's and sunny in Cape May County. I turned off the heat and opened the windows to air the house out. The snow is 99% gone.

How are the rest of you doing?

Bite me :icon_mrgreen:

Mid 30's here. Foggy and the trees are raining down the melting ice/water.

Same here.

We have 2 inches of slush on the sidewalks that has no where to go because there's still 3-4 feet of snow everywhere. What a freakin mess.

I just got another diagram/notice from my mail delivery person advising me that I didn't clear a 30 foot aproach and exit properly to my mailbox. Every snow storm I get one, the same day it snows. She even circled the proper way it should be done :facepalm: . I'm thinking about photo copying a picture of my a**, complete with aproach instructions on where to kiss it and puting it in the mailbox. :icon_e_surprised:

• Like 1

Mid 30's here. Foggy and the trees are raining down the melting ice/water.

Same here....my wheelchair ramp was a sheet of ice this morning. Had to go out and break up the ice just to be able to get out of the house. Snow is melting because the temp was above freezing today. Tonight into tomorrow morning they are expecting icing due to all the melting snow refreezing and turning to ice.

I need a vacation or a business trip to a warm climate!!!!

I just got another diagram/notice from my mail delivery person advising me that I didn't clear a 30 foot aproach and exit properly to my mailbox. Every snow storm I get one, the same day it snows. She even circled the proper way it should be done :facepalm: . I'm thinking about photo copying a picture of my a**, complete with aproach instructions on where to kiss it and puting it in the mailbox. :icon_e_surprised:

Oh man that's funny, the plows wrecked my mailbox on the first storm, so it just sits on the snow bank now, we can adjust it much better this way for the mailman...HA! If you don't want to move the snow, just move the mailbox, when it melts, mount it back up... Or buy a cheap plastic one for the winter. Honestly, where do they expect you to put the snow in front of the mailbox? back in the street? It's not like you have the ability to just throw the snow behind it, not when the banks around here are at 5+feet, my snowblower cant even move anymore snow at the end of my drive way, it just shoots into the bank and falls right back into the driveway, pretty soon the only place it can go is the street.

Oh man that's funny, the plows wrecked my mailbox on the first storm, so it just sits on the snow bank now, we can adjust it much better this way for the mailman...HA! If you don't want to move the snow, just move the mailbox, when it melts, mount it back up... Or buy a cheap plastic one for the winter.

My mailbox weighs 200 pounds and made of 3/8" steel. I don't worry about plows or baseball bats.

• Like 1

Spray your mailbox with essence of skunk (be careful) ;) just kidding

And clear the approach for crying out loud.

My dad used to just cobble together an old bucket and a stick and shove it in the snow. It was our temporary winter mailbox.

Or you could do this: http://www.algonquin.org/egov/apps/services/index.egov?path=details&action=i&id=12