Sign in to follow this  
jcerillo70

$2800 refund on the tax return...WHAT SHOULD I GET!!!

So, I was set on the msar stg-556 E4... And i may still be but i heard the trigger pull is terrible(like 10 lbs.) so i am so so on this.

But anyway... I have an AR- 10/22- but i want another nice tactical rifle or something historic

Any idea's?

Trigger pull on my STG isn't that bad, it breaks very cleanly, but yea the pull is much more than my other rifles. For me doesn't bother me, it is what it is. I wouldn't get one if you are going for precision shooting or anything like that. 70% of my decision was tacticoolness factor, 30% was for its overall size with a 16" barrel.

Edit: Take a look at M1A Scout or Socom, and the Sig 556 (try to get a model with a threaded barrel and have a brake pinned, cheaper than getting the SCM and having to thread/pin it afterwards). Just some ideas.

Trigger pull on my STG isn't that bad, it breaks very cleanly, but yea the pull is much more than my other rifles. For me doesn't bother me, it is what it is. I wouldn't get one if you are going for precision shooting or anything like that. 70% of my decision was tacticoolness factor, 30% was for its overall size with a 16" barrel.

Edit: Take a look at M1A Scout or Socom, and the Sig 556 (try to get a model with a threaded barrel and have a brake pinned, cheaper than getting the SCM and having to thread/pin it afterwards). Just some ideas.

When i see it i just think of the James Bond scene where he's skiing and he's getting shot at with the bull-pops...

That alone is a good enough reason to buy

When i see it i just think of the James Bond scene where he's skiing and he's getting shot at with the bull-pops...

That alone is a good enough reason to buy

There's no doubting the coolness factor when it comes to buying fun guns. Never once was I pissed over the trigger pull. If you sit down on a bench and compare a M1A versus the STG pull, sure you will prefer the M1A's trigger. But then you pick up the STG and bring it in close, and you will love the ergo's and handling for sure. Completely different experience versus regular long guns. pro's and con's to everything. Determine whats more important to you.

• Like 1