Tom-NJ2AS

Of course no mention of the NJ2AS

Did you really expect a thank you after he publicly distanced himself from the organization and went so far as to question your motives and agenda? Really?

It is obvious that Christie made a deal with him.... Pull away from the pro-rights crowd, and I will get your sentence commuted, otherwise you back me into a corner and I will have no choice but to let you sit in prison. Probably how Christie justified his actions to the anti-gun/rights political crowd.

All,

Brian's case might end up being more influential then we realize. His case comes back to the basic lack of repsect the US Constitution gets in the state. No miranda rights? Illegal search and seizure? Overzealous judiciary? Cruel and Illegal punishments.

I doubt he becomes the poster boy for gun rights in NJ, but dont throw the baby out with the bath water here. He might, and if he actually has the drive, become the poster boy for change in how this state operates. I seriously doubt it, but monkeys might fly out of my butt one day. Hey, it was snowing in the Gulf of Mexico yesterday right???????

Too many people jumped onto supporting this guy without knowing the entire story (which we still don't know). This guy did something to get the police to "interrogate" him for nearly three hours before arresting him.

Rather than hold this guy up as a poster boy I would use him as an example of "don't say stuff to worry your Mother so much she calls 911"

All,

Brian's case might end up being more influential then we realize. His case comes back to the basic lack of repsect the US Constitution gets in the state. No miranda rights? Illegal search and seizure? Overzealous judiciary? Cruel and Illegal punishments.

I doubt he becomes the poster boy for gun rights in NJ, but dont throw the baby out with the bath water here. He might, and if he actually has the drive, become the poster boy for change in how this state operates. I seriously doubt it, but monkeys might fly out of my butt one day. Hey, it was snowing in the Gulf of Mexico yesterday right???????

You're such an optimist! I love it, really.

In my opinion, based on what I've seen him do, Mr. Aitken has no motivation beyond what he can see at the tip of his nose. He will become the poster-child for nothing. He is not motivated to change anything. Like 99% of the other 'tards in this state, he just wants to go back to working his meaningless job to earn his meaningless pay, pay his sky-high taxes and complain about it to nobody in particular, but anybody that will listen.

This man took the publicity 2A supporters created, used it to his advantage and then turned his back on those that helped him. I can't say I blame him (I'm sure Christie forced him to do it in order to get his freedom back), but I don't like it. In my book, he is neutral. If he disappears into and annals of history, I'll be just fine with it.

This man will affect no change in NJ. Others may pick up his name and use it do the work that he isn't man enough to do, but he, himself, is worthless to our cause.

Enjoy your freedom, Mr. Aitken, and no matter what you do, we'll still stand up for yours and others' rights when they are infringed!

• Like 1

I am sure a book deal is right around the corner.

But to be completely on the leg, the guy did break the law... at least twice. Mags and hollow points. The only place where anyone should stand behind him is for the cruel and unusual punishment of 7 years.

Did he break the law? Absolutely.

• Like 3

I am sure a book deal is right around the corner.

But to be completely on the leg, the guy did break the law... at least twice. Mags and hollow points. The only place where anyone should stand behind him is for the cruel and unusual punishment of 7 years.

Did he break the law? Absolutely.

you and I are on the exact same page...

He was then interrogated by police for two hours and 39 minutes, despite not being read his Miranda Rights, Aitken said, speaking about this incident for the first time since his release.

Unless he was in custody, and they were interrogating him, they don't need to read him his Miranda rights.....and since they did not mention him being in custody, I have to assume that he was NOT in custody. That whole skit where they read someone their Miranda rights as the cop is putting the cuffs on is just BS made for tv.

Unless he was in custody, and they were interrogating him, they don't need to read him his Miranda rights.....and since they did not mention him being in custody, I have to assume that he was NOT in custody. That whole skit where they read someone their Miranda rights as the cop is putting the cuffs on is just BS made for tv.

There are several conditions that have to be met for Miranda to come into play. MOST people get everything they know of Police Procedures by watching TV. Now, What department is most prominent in TV Police Shows?? NYPD, who's DEPARTMENTAL POLICY is to mirandize every arrest at the time of Arrest. Most people dont undersatnd that that is exactly just that, Departmental Policy as opposed to An Actual LEGAL/Constitutional Requirement. If I SEE someone commit a Crime, I Dont have to Mirandize them, because i'm not going to ask them anything about that crime.

Griz, it was never about if he broke the law or not for me. As I stated from day one, I dont care if he did. It was about the abuse of power by the Judge who used his position to prejudice the outcome of a case due to his own personal views.

VJ, its all about the rules of evidence. You dont have to ever read the miranda rights BUT you may also lose evidence in a case if you dont. Which is why PD's have the policies they do, from losing cases.

Kpd, I know that you know this, I am just clarifying for everyone else. The two basic conditions that must be met is that the person must be in custody, and the person must be in interrogation. If both of those conditions are not met, there is no legal obligation to Mirandize someone. And Kpd is absolutely correct, several departments have policies regarding Mirandizing someone way more than necessary to avoid any accusations that it was never done. As far as I know, it is not uncommon to ask several times throughout the interrogation "Are you still aware of your rights that I read you at the beginning of this interrogation?" and reading the rights after a 5 minute piss break.

Point being, if Aitken wasn't in custody, there was absolutely no requirement to read him his Miranda rights.

Damn how may of you were at the Tea party. Obviously none of you. I am one of the volunteers with the Greenwich tea party partriots and Have been at every meeting including our last one were Mr Aitkens told his story. And he REPEATEDLY thanked many right wing 2A foundations. These include the NRA the NJ rifle and pistol clubs Judge Napalalitano Fox news, his lawyers, conservitive radio and TV. Many grassroots and orginization were also named. He also spoke of how he would love to have a Aikens VS NJ when he gets his record cleared just like heller and mcdonald. To just read an article and jump to conclusioins without actualy being there is usually a tactic of the left; come on guys. If you guys have more crap to throw Ill look at the video as we video tape every event so i can set the record straight for you

Damn how may of you were at the Tea party. Obviously none of you. I am one of the volunteers with the Greenwich tea party partriots and Have been at every meeting including our last one were Mr Aitkens told his story. And he REPEATEDLY thanked many right wing 2A foundations. These include the NRA the NJ rifle and pistol clubs Judge Napalalitano Fox news, his lawyers, conservitive radio and TV. Many grassroots and orginization were also named. He also spoke of how he would love to have a Aikens VS NJ when he gets his record cleared just like heller and mcdonald. To just read an article and jump to conclusioins without actualy being there is usually a tactic of the left; come on guys. If you guys have more crap to throw Ill look at the video as we video tape every event so i can set the record straight for you

Did he ever mention the NJ2AS, who did IMO the most work to get the story out into the media?

Did he ever mention the NJ2AS, who did IMO the most work to get the story out into the media?

If your referring to the New jersey Second amendment Society he mentioned them by name a total of (3) times. Im sorry I left it out just as the paper did..

If your referring to the New jersey Second amendment Society he mentioned them by name a total of (3) times. Im sorry I left it out just as the paper did..

I'd like the video posted for clarification please. I haven't seen any mention on his free brian aitken facebook page.