robs609

Just bought new glock 23 gen4

Just picked up my brand new glock 23 gen for 495 out the door! I got it at lawmans supply in Egg Harbor City. There selling these things for 425 to gssf members. I was not a member until today. +1000 for an incredible price on my new glock. I'm going to bobs tomorrow night to try her out, I cant wait.

glock1_20110302_1965582027.jpg

glock2_20110302_1866165383.jpg

picked my glock 23 gen 4 from lawman this week too! $443 out the door (LE discount). I normally do not like 40's but i absolutely love this thing. I may even say my favorite glock (i shant speak too loudly or my glock 19 might hear...)

I assume cause the recoil spring helps the recoil in the gen4?

The recoil is about the same. I havent shot them back to back but I feel like the recoil is ever so slightly less in the gen4. What I love about it is the reduced grip which fits my hand perfectly. My gen3 19 fits my hand too, but the gen4 just fits better for me. I my 19 is my first handgun and I am used to the feel of it but now i have the power of a 40 with the same feel(overall feel, not recoil) as my 19 so I am in love.

Nice score!!! I picked up my Gen4 G23 from the Bullet Hole for $480 before tax, nics and what not. This was their GSSF pricing. I'm really digging the pistol. I've had it to 3 range sessions so far and it's exceeding expectations. Zero issues. I've put in part # GL0357. This is the trigger bar w/out the dimple in the tang for the firing pin safey, but does have the newer tang where the trigger spring goes. I've also done the $.25 trigger job, added Mepro night sights and the Glock 4.5lb connector. Natchez has Glock mags for $18.99 each, or did as of 2 wks ago. Picked up a few of those. Luv the grip size w/out backstrap and the new texture of the frame. The Gen4's just feel so much more precision vs. the pre Gen4's. Contemplating my next Glock purchase.

Sorry .That was without the gssf but I also bought a box of .40 and was included in the price so really I got the gun for 510 otd.

Damn that's a nice price. I Shud def stop dealing with ramsey outdoors :(

I have a question. Is it normal to have more resistance while loading a glock mag with rounds in it than the magazine not having any rounds in it. I hope that makes sense. When I load an empty mag it just slides and clicks in. When I load with rounds in a mag I feel a resistance and have to tap it in. It feels like the mag or round is catching or hitting something on the way in and it only happens when it is almost all the way in.

Thanks

I have a question. Is it normal to have more resistance while loading a glock mag with rounds in it than the magazine not having any rounds in it. I hope that makes sense. When I load an empty mag it just slides and clicks in. When I load with rounds in a mag I feel a resistance and have to tap it in. It feels like the mag or round is catching or hitting something on the way in and it only happens when it is almost all the way in.

Thanks

Yes. It is easier to load an empty mag than a loaded one.

Good choice and good luck. I bought the gen 4 Glock 23 myself. It quickly became my favorite handgun. I think it even has less recoil than my Beretta PX4 Storm. And I am super fast and accurate with it. If I had to choose only 1 handgun, it would be the Glock Gen4 G23!!

from what i gathered and watched doing your own trigger work to reduce to 3 1/2 pound trigger bar is quite simple with a little know how

Actually very easy. Check out youtube, there are a few very good full strip videos out there that are spot on. Plus Glocks arn't a hard gun to work on anyway.

Harry

I also own a Glock 23 (hence my screen name). Not sure which gen., as I bought it used, and I didn't know enough to ask. As someone with no prior experience, it seems relatively easy to use.

I didn't want to start a whole thread on this question, but as long as we're on the subject of G23's, does anyone else experience bruising at the base of the thumb on your trigger hand when shooting? I find it happens to me right from the beginning of my sessions, and limits my shooting time. Would you guess it's:

a.) A problem with my technique?

b.) An anatomical peculiarity unique to me?

or c.) Something that everyone experiences, but I'm the only big enough weenie to be bothered by it?

Is it possible you hold your thumb too high and close to the reciprocating slide?

The only problem I ever have with shooting Glocks is the trigger rubs my finger tip after a while and makes it sore.

Lunker, thanks for your reply. (Hey, nice avatar! Nosferatu?) From what I've heard, the "bite" from the Glock slide is pretty nasty, and unforgettable. Mine is more of a bruising on the bone at the base of the thumb of my trigger hand. I shot for a half hour at BH today, and didn't notice it, so perhaps I just needed to toughen up a bit. ;)

does it have the dimple thing that causes a heavier trigger pull?

I had Cagefighters Gen4 apart the other night. Had a good look at the trigger bar, saw the dimple. I don't see any reason it would account for a heavier trigger pull.

I suspect a Gen4 trigger can be made as good as a Gen3. No problem.

Is it possible you hold your thumb too high and close to the reciprocating slide?

The only problem I ever have with shooting Glocks is the trigger rubs my finger tip after a while and makes it sore.

Chris- Plunging your hand into sand or working with concrete will fix that finger... :superstition: