Sign in to follow this  
crackaloon

Illinois gun owners

Sorry if this is in another thread but....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/02/illinois-officials-spar-order-make-list-gun-owners-public/

My link

Illinois state Attorney General Lisa Madigan wants to release the names of all gun owners AND the guns they own.

I think I'd rather be on the list of gun owners....but this would be a free-for-all for criminals. This lady is clearly a mental defective.

It could either be a free-for-all for criminals to try and burglarize houses when they are unoccupied, or it could be a deterrent for others. "Shoot Jayquan, he gots four glocks and a AK, we ain't goin in durrr!!"

My opinion, no way in hell do I want my name released or the guns I own.

Sorry if this is in another thread but....

http://www.foxnews.c...-owners-public/

My link

Illinois state Attorney General Lisa Madigan wants to release the names of all gun owners AND the guns they own.

I think I'd rather be on the list of gun owners....but this would be a free-for-all for criminals. This lady is clearly a mental defective.

Ridiculous, while some would think that it may be a deterrent for criminals to hit a house with guns, it’s actually an invitation. What a day or 2 checking out the place to see when people come and go and hit the place for what they want. It would be like a shopping list for criminals.

Then you would have the others who would say a lot of us have an arsenal, he/she has a dozen plus guns and don’t get started on 20 or 30 thousand plus rounds of ammo or more.

Harry

I read this earlier, and I too was a bit disturbed (though relieved that authorities are refusing... currently).

I wonder though, would this list include all of the politicians and law enforcement authorities who also keep a firearm on their persons and/or household?

I read this earlier, and I too was a bit disturbed (though relieved that authorities are refusing... currently).

I wonder though, would this list include all of the politicians and law enforcement authorities who also keep a firearm on their persons and/or household?

I am sure if any of them do own firearms they would try to stop this. You know they do, you always see news articles about anti gun politicians involved in a self defense home invasion shooting.

I was watching a discussion on this issue very early this morning since I couldn't sleep. Some people said they even would believe this to encourage more gun ownership so people could get on the list thus potentially reducing the likelihood that their house would be robbed.

To me this is a serious invasion of privacy. The general public does not need to know if I own a gun or I have a CCW. I would have to get a FID and a P2P if I wanted certain guns in NJ and that info is only kept by the police. There is no reason to release this information so that anti-gun nuts can start trouble. I can see it now...a list like this comes out and the anti-gun crowd starts protesting outside peoples homes, at the places of business, etc. Oh yeah that'd be great! :facepalm:

I can see NJ TRYING to do this but I hope enough people would stand up against this. I would definitely get behind a lawsuit if this was to be enacted. Last time I checked we still had a right to privacy regarding certain things, especially as long as it was not causing harm to others.

Some people said they even would believe this to encourage more gun ownership so people could get on the list thus potentially reducing the likelihood that their house would be robbed.

Or it would actually INCREASE the chances of their house being burglarized during the day while they are not home.

This is like Megan's Law for gun owners, it's absolutely ridiculous.