jcerillo70

Next pistol April 14th. Anything new out there?

The 14th of april is when i can get my next pistol. Thinking of going a few routes

1) I would like something custom shop. Made just for me for Comp. shoots... Any idea's?

If not, i looked at just to have

1) Glock 19 gen 4

2) Taurus 608 5'' ported SS

3) I found berretta 92fs 's for $399

4) Kimber Pro Covert II with the laser grips

What is a single action autoloader vs DA? Does that mean i have to cock it back every time

Nope. A 1911 is a single action autoloader. It means the gun has to start from a cocked position. A double action autoloader would be like most Sigs or Berettas, where you can still shoot from the hammer-down position.

If you're not a member of TFL then you probably won't be able to see some of the pictures posted but check this thread out. I believe it is the exact position your in - http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=441850

Some very good ideas in there...

Im still set on custom.

There was once a man at Mcafee Ski store in Vernon NJ who made me custom ski boots. They were like no other because they were built AROUND MY own FEET. And nothing compared

With that being said...Thats what im looking for in a pistol

Im still set on custom.

There was once a man at Mcafee Ski store in Vernon NJ who made me custom ski boots. They were like no other because they were built AROUND MY own FEET. And nothing compared

With that being said...Thats what im looking for in a pistol

Then be prepared to spend $2500 - $3500 (or more).

Not to be condescending, but you are new (I'm assuming after questioning the SA v DA/SA difference) and you should get your feet wet and find out what you like and dislike, what works for you and what doesn't, in a firearm before you go investing major bucks in a custom.

Good luck in your quest.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 2

I have single stack 1911. I looked at the Sri aphero. What's the benefit of a double stack 1911 in comp?

Last I heard the apiero had a year long backorder period. If you were to have a double stack 1911 for comp in 40 s&w you ge the added magazine capacity with the ability to retain the major power factor. The STIs are a great platform to build a race gun on, many people I shoot with have gone this route.

Not to be condescending, but you are new (I'm assuming after questioning the SA v DA/SA difference) and you should get your feet wet and find out what you like and dislike, what works for you and what doesn't, in a firearm before you go investing major bucks in a custom.

Good luck in your quest.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

haha I was just thinking that. The longer you are on these forums the more you see it. Someone who just got into guns and wants the best this, the best that, wants a .50 cal, and then wonders why pretty much nobody else has that stuff, and why we are trying to dissuade them from spending all that money on stuff they don't need. Next thing you know it's all in the marketplace because they couldn't afford to rip off 500 rounds of .45 or .308 a week.

To each is own I guess. If someone wants to go out and by the biggest, best, newest gun out there, I say let em. I'll be happy to take it off their hands in 6 months for a 30% discount for a like-new gun!

+1 to what Pizza Bob posted. As a newer shooter, you'd be best served by spending that money on ammo and learning to use what you have really well. The SA 1911 you purchased is a sweet gun (and will be even more so once it gets back to you from SA). Learn proper sight alignment, trigger control, stance, and breathing techniques. Guns are just tools that will only take you probably 5% of the way to perfection...of course glock-heads will disagree ;), the other 95% is practice!

Good luck in your quest.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

+2 to what Pizza Bob said. You need to try different guns and see what you like best before sinking a lot of cash into a custom gun. Everyone is different and has their own likes and dislikes.

I beleive you have guitar equipment for sale, right? Would you suggest to a beginning guitarist to spend 4 grand on a new Les Paul? I'm teaching my son to play and we started with a beginners guitar before investing in higher end. Yes, guns are different, but the concept is the same. Good Luck!

The guitar thing was a great analogy lol I understand where you guys are coming from.

What would make the most sense for me would be a revolver since I don't own one already. I was fond of the Taurus 608 because of the 8 rd chamber and the ported barrel. Maybe some nice grips and spend the rest on reloading stuff

What would make the most sense for me would be a revolver since I don't own one already. I was fond of the Taurus 608 because of the 8 rd chamber and the ported barrel.

I know I'll be accused of hating on the Taurii, but, save yourself any heartache and buy a S&W. If hi-cap floats your boat, get a 7-shot L-frame or an 8-shot N-frame. Big-bore? Get a nice 625 in .45 ACP, then you only have to have ammo in one caliber (Springfield & the S&W).Want to work on fundamentals? How about a nice model 17 .22 rimfire. Yes, I admit, I have a slight :icon_rolleyes: S&W bias. Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1

I know I'll be accused of hating on the Taurii, but, save yourself any heartache and buy a S&W. If hi-cap floats your boat, get a 7-shot L-frame or an 8-shot N-frame. Big-bore? Get a nice 625 in .45 ACP, then you only have to have ammo in one caliber (Springfield & the S&W).Want to work on fundamentals? How about a nice model 17 .22 rimfire. Yes, I admit, I have a slight :icon_rolleyes: S&W bias. Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

+1. If you like I can bring my S&W Model 27 and 28-2 revolvers to shore shot for you to try out. They are both really sweet shooters. Nothing beats an N framed 357.

SWNFrames003.jpg