DirtyDigz

Lawmen's Supply in Egg Harbor now selling Glocks to civilians

Apologies if this is old news, but it was a revelation to me:

from Arfcom:

Lawmen's has gotten the green light from Glock to sell Glocks to civilians again. All they require is that the buyer join or renew their GSSF membership at the time of the sale. It's worth it. They sell them for VERY close to the law enforcement price. Even with the membership it still comes out loads cheaper than any other place.

They can also sell Sigs again to civilians. For a while they could do neither. Lawmen's is my favorite NJ toy store.

*this info is current as of their Glock Appreciation Day Sale that was in early April, 2011.

Anyone know if Glock still has a first responder discount for new pistols?

I dont believe they regulate their sales, only the prices, which is also crazy. If I was stocking Glock dealer and I wanted to sell all new Glocks at $250 and advertise it as a half off special why would Glock care? Sure I would be loosing money but they would be getting one hell of an order from me right?

I have heard that Glock regulates how low you can sell but I never knew Sig did it as well.

-Scott

I dont believe they regulate their sales, only the prices, which is also crazy. If I was stocking Glock dealer and I wanted to sell all new Glocks at $250 and advertise it as a half off special why would Glock care? Sure I would be loosing money but they would be getting one hell of an order from me right?

I have heard that Glock regulates how low you can sell but I never knew Sig did it as well.

-Scott

Back when I fished a lot, I would see this type of thing with the higher end fishing equipment. The manufacturers don't want their stuff sold as discount and want the consumer to buy at the shop with best service, not best price. I would still buy it at discount cause the fishing shop owner knew me and gave me breaks even though I couldn't tell anyone as the manufacturer had threatened to cut him off if he sold at discount. Seems like price-fixing to me.

Back when I fished a lot, I would see this type of thing with the higher end fishing equipment. The manufacturers don't want their stuff sold as discount and want the consumer to buy at the shop with best service, not best price. I would still buy it at discount cause the fishing shop owner knew me and gave me breaks even though I couldn't tell anyone as the manufacturer had threatened to cut him off if he sold at discount. Seems like price-fixing to me.

Sounds like the fishing supply and gun supply worlds have joined hands... :icon_rolleyes:

-Scott

The vendors - Glock & Sig - cannot dictate the selling price, but by specifying who their product is to be sold to, they can vary the price to the dealer. The dealer cannot buy the gun from Sig or Glock at the LE price and then turn around and sell it to a civilian at below what other dealers can compete with because they are paying "civiilain" cost.

I don't know about Glock, but Sig actually has two separate sales channels. One deemed commercial and one deemed LE and military. Usually dealers are one or the other, there aren't many that are both - those that are, and are caught selling guns purchased under their LE/Mil program to commercial customers stand to lose their dealer status for one or both supply streams.

If they want to sell guns at LE/Mil prices to civilians, that's fine providing they purchased the gun through the wholesale commercial channel.

You also don't want to confuse "price-fixing" (dictating what their goods are to be sold for - illegal) with MAP - which is Minimum Advertised Pricing. This helps prevent the cheapening of the brand (so the theory goes) by not allowing anyone to advertise and item below a certain price. They are welcome to sell it for whatever they want - they just cannot advertise it below the MAP. Often you will see in an ad "call or e-mail for the special price", which tells you they are selling under MAP.

Clear as mud?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

So they were only selling to Military or Military police? Last I heard the cops where I live were civilians too, except if they were on military reserve time

In order to qualify for LE/Mil pricing the gun had to be legitimately for duty use and they usually require something from the dept or unit commander on letterhead.

In order to qualify for LE/Mil pricing the gun had to be legitimately for duty use and they usually require something from the dept or unit commander on letterhead.

I'm hip, was just excercising my pet peeve about non Mil LEO are also civilians.

I'm speculating here, but it is also possible that they can control discounts to LEO/military by giving rebates to the dealer that the dealer can only redeem when he provides proof the sale went to LEO/military. In other words, the dealer buys all the guns for the same price, but gets a credit to his account for every proven LEO/military sale he makes.

I've seen this in other types of retail products.

I purchased my glock there a LONG time ago.. got a really good deal.. but the customer service there has been horrible.. I will never buy another firearm there as long as I live... some days you could go there.. and there will be someone who will bend over backwards to try to help you.. other days I go and the person who is behind the counter can not be bothered to even acknowledge that I am in the store.. so I take moved any of my purchases to a smaller mom and pop type shop/FFL where I get good service EVERY time I go..

Seems that manufacturers in all sorts of industries do this type of thing (MAP). Some big-name retailers have a way to work-around this too. In the high-end audio industry you will see that you can't buy the same equipment within 50 or so miles....

Just got my Gen 4 G19 from them for $399, $442 after NICS and NJ Sales Tax

My pics are here on this forum... http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/24289-my-first-pistol-that-isnt-a-22/page__pid__319795#entry319795

I got my Gen 3 G17 for the same price.

Just an FYI, in case this wasn't already mentioned, GSSF just restructured their purchase program. You must hold a membership for at least 12 months. GSSF purchasing program information is here: http://www.gssfonline.com/GSSF_Pistol_Purchase_Program_Information.pdf

Stephanie, why do your posts span two or three screens? It's like there are a 100 enters or something............ My laptop and pc are both doing the same thing, all your posts seem to do this.

See Stef..Im not the only one...thought I was crazy... It did it to me on IE but not on FF.