polpol

What choice for a 2nd gun?...

P1070158.jpgDefinitely getting a Glock 23 gen4 (still waiting for inventory, some places claim to be waiting over 1month)

Second gun choices...

XD 40 3" <----made in Croatia?

S&W MP40C <--- leaning towards this

Glock 27 Gen 4

Definitely no .22!

Any other suggestions?

Got a Glock 23 gen4 yesterday. Thanks to Atlantic Tactical in somerset NJ for having inventory and great service.

Glock is having a major delay in mfg.

Sorry no pics cause it's too complicated to upload to a service 1st.

Most likely getting a S&W m&p40c next.

If you are looking for a compact complement to the G23, then this is a no brainer. Get the G27. You should be able to use the same magazines and holsters (in a pinch) and most importantly, same manual of arms for training.

I agree with this 100%.

If you are looking for a compact complement to the G23, then this is a no brainer. Get the G27. You should be able to use the same magazines and holsters (in a pinch) and most importantly, same manual of arms for training.

Just take in consideration that shooting 40s&w on that small frame is not fun at all... If it was me I will look for something in 9mm for a sub compact. Take a look on the Kimber SOLO ;)

The link to Kimber Solo

Your second gun should almost always be a .22. They allow for lots of cheap practice, good gun to introduce others to shooting (specially wife/girlfriend/etc). Every one needs a couple at least one .22 pistol and one .22 rifle. If you get 2 of each, you are screwed, they tend to breed and then you have a safe full of .22s and you ask yourself how the hell you got there.

. If you get 2 of each, you are screwed, they tend to breed and then you have a safe full of .22s and you ask yourself how the hell you got there.

Good call on the 22's and you are right, 2 Marlin 795's, a 39A, Walther P22 and a Ruger MKIII Hunter, they are like rabits. :)

Harry

If I only had one handgun my second would be something different, not another plastic fanstic in .40. you already have a compact 40, why not get a full sized steel pistol in .40 or something else? or a .22? It seems like having 2 identical sized guns same weights same purpose same caliber would be awfully boring but thats just me.

I agree about the comment of the .22. At least, consider a G23 .22 conversion.

If you want to stick w/ the .40, I'd suggest a Glock 35. You already have the G23 going. This covers the CCW thing just about as well as the G27. I have a G23, 2xG19, G17 and G26. Size wise, there really isn't that much difference between the G23 and G27. The G35 would probably be an outstanding fullsize range gun.

Got a Glock 23 gen4 yesterday. Thanks to Atlantic Tactical in somerset NJ for having inventory and great service.

Congrats on the new blaster. Please click the link in my signature to learn how to upload pictures using imageshack. It's not as difficult as you think.

Sweet!!!! Congrats!!! While I'm not too crazy about the .40, the Gen4 G23 is one of my fav's in my inventory.

i dont mean to thread jack but I'm in this similar predicament, my collection pistol wise consists of beretta px4 .40 cal, Taurus 617 38special/357 mag revolver, soon to be added Springfield armory XD 45 cal full size, Springfield armory XD 9 sub compact 9mm, ruger lcp .380 very small pocket gun. I have some more pp I need to use, I was thinking glock 22 always wanted one but i have a .40 already in the beretta, maybe I should get a glock 20 in 10mm? but then I'm thinking not another plastic gun, maybe something all metal like a beretta 92fs, cz, or a sig? I lost a permit last year procrastinating I don't plan on doing that this year. i didn't want to start another what gun to get, so let's keep this thread goin' it could help others...