ronhonda

USPSA @ Old Bridge 6/26/11

Ok so I have a Sig 226 a holster a double mag carrier and with that can carry 45 rounds I also have two additional mags but no carriers could I get by with that

ill bring my spare cz double cz mag pouches for you to try. I will also bring a single galco leather pouch. i have been getting away with 3 mags on hip and once in a while had to pull one mag off my back pocket.

You need to have at least 4 mags.....better 5.

show up at 8:30, tell them you are new, then find one of us. will wear my NJGF tshirt for easier id. or call 609 672 8114

make sure you preregister on the website.

obcats.com

I'm racing Saturday night and won't be back home until after 1:00 in the morning so getting-up early to go particapate at this event probably won't happen. Besides, I do not have all the gear to do it. I have a Beretta 92FS and a 96FS but only two mags for each. I also have a 1911 with 4 mags, not sure which of those guns would be useful for this anyway. I bet my revolvers are out! I certainly want to check-out their indoor action events, just got home from shooting some paper squirells with the wife tonight.

Ok so I have a Sig 226 a holster a double mag carrier and with that can carry 45 rounds I also have two additional mags but no carriers could I get by with that

USPSA is made up of different divisions. Read up online. Maks and the rest of the NJ forum members like RonHonda, Luis, etc.... has been helpful when I first started shooting last September. They are always willing to give a helping hand if you ask.

Your Sig 226 is best served if stock in the production division. You can only load 10 rounds in the mag with 1 in the chamber in starting position unless noted that you cannot. The pinned topic in here named USPSA has direct links to YouTube videos to help you get to know how things work in USPSA.

Ryan

Thanks and for everyone who offered up gear I appreciate it. If I go I will be there early. Hoping I can make this. I've heard you don't need to be a member to shoot your format match. Being that in 2 months ill be going away for 10 months effectively ill be paying for nothing.

In shooting this should I just forget about my brass?

No, you should be picking up your brass after you shoot, if you don't save your brass offer it to someone there there will probably be takers. It keeps the range clean also. Best thing is to tape or help reset the stage each round except for the one you shoot and the one after you shoot being that gives you time to reload your mags. Things run smooth when you have everyone in the squad working together.

Harry

Thanks and for everyone who offered up gear I appreciate it. If I go I will be there early. Hoping I can make this. I've heard you don't need to be a member to shoot your format match. Being that in 2 months ill be going away for 10 months effectively ill be paying for nothing.

Going Early is good..in fact it's VERY good, we're always a little tight in the morning for building the Stages, as a new shooter, it gives a pretty good insight into how the game is done when you see a stage go from bare sand to finished.

No problem. I checked the original post, obcats.com. I didn't see any mention of a side match let alone a rimfire side match. Side matches are almost always advertised. I have heard of a rimfire rifle side match, but that was in Topton, PA. A side match also means that it's "for fun", and you would likely need to participate in the match itself in order to shoot the side match.

No problem. I checked the original post, obcats.com. I didn't see any mention of a side match let alone a rimfire side match. Side matches are almost always advertised. I have heard of a rimfire rifle side match, but that was in Topton, PA. A side match also means that it's "for fun", and you would likely need to participate in the match itself in order to shoot the side match.

Only range to have a side stage in NJ is Shongum, which does either a Shotgun or Rifle stage.

Old Bridge has a rimfire league, visit their website. Same concept as USPSA, however with rimfire rifles and pistols.