CageFighter

Dumb-a$$ tried to sell UZI

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/06/bernardsville_man_accused_of_t.html

How stupid can you be?

I guess running his yap got him in trouble.

Since when is a pistol grip on a pump shotgun illegal?

Damn gun-hating writers need to get their sh*t together.

How about "Damn Writers need to put facts and details into their Stories so we can judge the merits better" Poorly Written, Disjointed facts, or lack thereof, and contradictory statements. All I got out of that is someone needs to go back to Journalism School. if one of MY little lambs tried to submit a report like that, they'd be doing it over..probably several times.

• Like 1

While I think the Assault Weapon laws in NJ are asinine, anyone who has an UZI knows it violates them. He was stupid. Stupid for having the gun in the first place, then stupid for trying to sell it in NJ and totally stupid for trying to sell it to someone he doesn't know.

I'm curious to know how he came about this UZI. If, for example, he was a resident of say, Arizona where he bought this UZI and moved to NJ 6 months ago, I can almost sympathize.

If he's been a NJ resident his entire life, he came about this firearm in a manner that violated one law or another. I suppose it's possible he bought it in the late 80s before the NJ AWB. AT 43, he would have been 21 in 1988 and had year or two to buy an AW before the ban.

If he's been a NJ resident his entire life, he came about this firearm in a manner that violated one law or another.

Not really. He may have violated NJ's laws, but NJ's laws themselves are a violation of the constitution. The second amendment is all this man needs to own, sell, buy or carry this weapon.

Now some may say, "hey dummy, the second amendment wasn't incorporated until last year in NJ!" and to that, I say, since the assault weapons ban makes no exception for pre ban stuff, then we as gun owners should not feel any sympathy for any laws made pre-McDonald.

Call me crazy if you must.

Not really. He may have violated NJ's laws, but NJ's laws themselves are a violation of the constitution. The second amendment is all this man needs to own, sell, buy or carry this weapon.

Now some may say, "hey dummy, the second amendment wasn't incorporated until last year in NJ!" and to that, I say, since the assault weapons ban makes no exception for pre ban stuff, then we as gun owners should not feel any sympathy for any laws made pre-McDonald.

Disagreeing with a law and ignoring real life consequences of violating that law are two different things.

If you violate NJ's assault weapon laws, arguing it's your right under the constitution of the United States will ensure you spend a good portion of the rest of your life wishing you hadn't violated the laws.

It doesn't matter at all _TO YOU_ that NJ violated the constitution when you're in a 9x9 iron cage.

• Like 2

Meh, someone's got to be the test case, unless you guys are fine with owning neutered rifles with non-standard magazines forever.

Instead of jumping on this guy's back, or the guy with the AR-15, people ought to be looking to support these individuals, for the benefit of us all.

I'm sure you and I can at least agree that our money would be better spent rounding up and jailing violent criminals, not people who posess standard devices legal in most of the country.

Do what you want..but dont come bitching here if you knowingly violate the law.

Meh, someone's got to be the test case, unless you guys are fine with owning neutered rifles with non-standard magazines forever.

Instead of jumping on this guy's back, or the guy with the AR-15, people ought to be looking to support these individuals, for the benefit of us all.

I'm sure you and I can at least agree that our money would be better spent rounding up and jailing violent criminals, not people who posess standard devices legal in most of the country.

To be that test case means rolling the dice on losing your ability to own firearms FOREVER.... Sorry but my career and pension arent worth a flash hider, collapsible stock, or 30 round magazine..even though I COULD have all or any of those with the stroke of my Chief's pen. i CHOOSE not to, i CHOOSE to play by the rules. The ONLY Difference between me and any other gun owner is that I have the ability to Carry

To be that test case means rolling the dice on losing your ability to own firearms FOREVER.... Sorry but my career and pension arent worth a flash hider, collapsible stock, or 30 round magazine..even though I COULD have all or any of those with the stroke of my Chief's pen. i CHOOSE not to, i CHOOSE to play by the rules. The ONLY Difference between me and any other gun owner in the state of NJ is that I have the ability to Carry

Fixed it for you

• Like 1

To be that test case means rolling the dice on losing your ability to own firearms FOREVER.... Sorry but my career and pension arent worth a flash hider, collapsible stock, or 30 round magazine..

And you and I are in agreement on that.

But thankfully, you and I don't have to be the test case. There are several people out there who have already crossed that line for us. They've been caught with standard arms, not us, so therefore we do not have to risk anything more than some of our money and/or spare time.

So, my question is, assuming this guy or AR-15 guy are not prohibited persons and no intent to commit any other crime besides possession exists, then why do we not support them in their legal battle? Why are gun owners so quick to point and laugh, let the guy rot in jail over BS laws, then hop to the next section down the forum and complain about NJ's laws?

The ability to challenge the AWB is a very dangerous gamble, so why do we so quickly dismiss those who have done so, rather than come to their aid, for the benefit of all? These cases present a great opportunity, why isn't anyone on board with it?

EDIT TO ADD: I appreciate your integrity and character. I wish more people in law enforcement shared your views and followed in your footsteps.

• Like 2

But thankfully, you and I don't have to be the test case. There are several people out there who have already crossed that line for us. They've been caught with standard arms, not us, so therefore we do not have to risk anything more than some of our money and/or spare time.

So, my question is, assuming this guy or AR-15 guy are not prohibited persons and no intent to commit any other crime besides possession exists, then why do we not support them in their legal battle? Why are gun owners so quick to point and laugh, let the guy rot in jail over BS laws, then hop to the next section down the forum and complain about NJ's laws?

The ability to challenge the AWB is a very dangerous gamble, so why do we so quickly dismiss those who have done so, rather than come to their aid, for the benefit of all? These cases present a great opportunity, why isn't anyone on board with it?

EDIT TO ADD: I appreciate your integrity and character. I wish more people in law enforcement shared your views and followed in your footsteps.

More do than the media, or even some of the people on our own side would have you believe. Joe Citizen Gun Owner ISNT on the radar for the majority of cops out there. The biggest part of the problem is the lack of decent reporting as I said earlier. IS this guy just some Schmoe who got caught up in something over his head? Possibly. Is this guy some poor Schmoe who is the victim of REALLY bad and biased reporting? Possibly, however, the possibility ALSO exists that the guy really is a sh!tbag who knowingly and purposely attempted to sell a prohibited firearm and got caught at it because he was stupid. let's face it, if criminals were SMART, my job would have been way harder over the last 2 1/2 decades.

"QUOTE"

its all well and good to want to come to their aid, im assuming you want to write a fat check to there defence fund, go ahead. i doubt the majority of misers on the forum would chip in, just look at the donations for operation compliance you would think raising 15k with 2000+ gun owners or wanabees should be a piece of cake. now is the time lets get it done open the purse strings, independence day is monday.

• Like 1

AS KDP said it's just plain dumb to violate the law and then expect people to support you. Part of being a responsible gun owner is knowing the laws and following them. You change the laws the right way, not by breaking them and saying the law is wrong. That makes us all look bad and gives the anti's something to complain about.

I don't necessarily agree with the NJ gun laws, but I also know that I need to abide by them. I also don't agree with a lot of laws, like speed limits, but I know if I break one...there are consequences, whether it is a fine, summons, jail time, etc...

With that being said, who knows what circumstances this guy was trying to sell an UZI. Could have been a criminal, could have been an innocent attempt. An Uzi with 14 mags?? Im thinking that he was probably doing it for the wrong reasons. Even if not, ignorance of the laws is not an excuse.

NJ laws suck sometimes, but being in these United States, we are free to move to a less restrictive state. I really wish NJ would stop being so....over-protective but the reality is, unfortunately that won't change anytime soon.

This guy deserves jail time. I can't imagine anyone selling an Uzi with 14 hi-cap mags to anyone who isn't using it for trouble. If your distributing firearms to those who purpose is to use them to kill, maim, or threaten then you should be treated like a domestic terrorist.

Not only that, but it gives us, who legit own and use firearms properly a very bad name.