djg0770

Dealing with ANJRPC

I have no problem with the range. I think its an excellent range for the amount of money that we pay per year. Its just annoying when you can't get a badge. Thats my only beef with them.

Yea that and when entire ranges are booked out for the day prohibiting me from shooting so non-members can herd around like deer and stand in the middle of the road being completely oblivious to people trying to drive past them. Chafes my a** a bit. A bit indeed.

I have no problem with the range. I think its an excellent range for the amount of money that we pay per year. Its just annoying when you can't get a badge. Thats my only beef with them.

Lou - you and I need to go into PA to a few ranges where we can buy about 6-10 memberships for what we pay for one at CR - furthermore, they let you shoot at stuff OTHER THAN paper. Now and then I want to shoot at some steel, some fruit, some veggies, etc. Sure, it's a ride, but...

Lou - you and I need to go into PA to a few ranges where we can buy about 6-10 memberships for what we pay for one at CR - furthermore, they let you shoot at stuff OTHER THAN paper. Now and then I want to shoot at some steel, some fruit, some veggies, etc. Sure, it's a ride, but...

This was my experience at the Woodbury range in Ohio. $24/year gets you access to any state range. It's got skeet, two archery ranges, a walkaround archery range, 25/50/100/200. The only rules, 3 round bursts max. No caliber limits, carry friendly, draw from holsters and target changes are completely informal. Shoot whatever you want but glass, clean up your mess. Covered ports, nice benches.

Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=woodbury+range+ohio&aq=&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=55.411532,133.681641&ie=UTF8&hq=woodbury&hnear=Range,+Madison,+Ohio&ll=40.254049,-81.989368&spn=0.0066,0.016319&t=h&z=17

So, yeah, CR is a good value for NJ but there is better value out there. My annoyances this year have been the damn range closings.

Yeah, will this is NJ not PA. CR is a good value in my book, and a well run range. I don't minde the formal target change procedures and focus on safety. Most people I encounter there are experienced shooters, but you certainly get a fair share of yahoos and better safe than sorry as far as I'm concerned. They definitely need to improve their admin function, but hopefully that will be worked out. I would like to see the ANJRPC take a more active role. Maybe the problem is NJ gun owner apathy and there isn't much to do, but when I see state rifle associations in other states organize rallys that attract 10,000 people, makes me wonder if ANJRPC couldn't be doing a bit more on that front. I do give them kudos for taking action in the legal arena. Overall, I don't think they are doing a bad job given the situation in NJ.

• Like 2

Yeah, will this is NJ not PA. CR is a good value in my book, and a well run range. I don't minde the formal target change procedures and focus on safety. Most people I encounter there are experienced shooters, but you certainly get a fair share of yahoos and better safe than sorry as far as I'm concerned. They definitely need to improve their admin function, but hopefully that will be worked out. I would like to see the ANJRPC take a more active role. Maybe the problem is NJ gun owner apathy and there isn't much to do, but when I see state rifle associations in other states organize rallys that attract 10,000 people, makes me wonder if ANJRPC couldn't be doing a bit more on that front. I do give them kudos for taking action in the legal arena. Overall, I don't think they are doing a bad job given the situation in NJ.

+1

• Like 2

I'm not so sure about that. I've seen quite a few people there that can shoot pistols and rifles and shotties a HELL of a lot better than you bub.

Wha? I wasn't comparing myself to them. Just stating what I saw there.

Pulling this back on topic...

Nearly a week later, still no email from the illustrious [email protected] <---posting the full email on purpose in the hopes of a spam bot stopping by and blowing up that email address. It's not my email as I'm getting every lame joke my buddy from Tuckerton sends me as well as my 10,000 facebook emails about "Joe Schmoe crapped on your wall again".

It's pretty sad when you don't get a reply to WANTING to send an organization money. I almost get an email a day from NJ2AS... Maybe THEY should become THE organization for THE Nra in NJ.

I also want to point out the irony - every safety meeting on every membership Sunday at ANJRPC the politicos that speak bring up how the state wants to ban 50 cal and how people have to get involved etc. Guess what guys - the state doesn't have to ban it as YOU ALREADY HAVE BANNED IT FROM YOUR RANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why own it if you can't shoot it at your own damn range??

I have found out through the grapevine the problem with memberships.

Membership processing is no longer being handled in house. The two people in charge of memberships I believe they were a male and a female would go to membership sunday and they were suppose to go home and then enter all those applications into a program for the membership roll. Well apparently these two people weren't doing this so now ANJRPC got stuck with a completely out-dated set of membership rolls.

This then forced ANJRPC to out-source the membership processing to and outside company thus costing ANJRPC more money in the long run. Supposedly the membership processing right now is so screwed up they don't even know where to begin so the fact that I got my membership badge surprises me.

Dan my best advice to you like I said the other day is send SB an email and while your at it tell him you think he's a corrupt bastard for practically stealing money from ANJRPC.

ps 50 cal isn't banned from CR, it is allowed on a certain day during certain hours when they pre-wet the hill if someone shows up with a .50 cal. FYI

trust me the powers to be don't even want to hear about something like this. If it was up to me, there would be a gate and everyone would be given a keyfob. What we are paying for this outside company now to handle memberships we could easily implement a system like this.

Also there is no reason why you can't get a membership card and a keyfob when you sign up that day. They can easily do it 1,2,3. It's a complete joke.

ps 50 cal isn't banned from CR, it is allowed on a certain day during certain hours when they pre-wet the hill if someone shows up with a .50 cal. FYI

Right, except on days that end in Y, in June, and only when there is snow on the ground. Got it Matt. ;)

Though I didn't say it above - it parallels NJ's CCW plan. Technically, you can shoot it, just like technically you can get a carry permit, but in fact...

But hey, Pink Unicorns exist - just look at Eric. :p

• Like 2

Right, except on days that end in Y, in June, and only when there is snow on the ground. Got it Matt. ;)

Though I didn't say it above - it parallels NJ's CCW plan. Technically, you can shoot it, just like technically you can get a carry permit, but in fact...

But hey, Pink Unicorns exist - just look at Eric. :p

I love you more and more each time I read your posts Daniel.

It's again time to renew my valued membership to Cherry Ridge Range - oh, I mean ANJRPC. Used their website "contact us" received a contact email back asking what "exactly" I needed, so I responded to the email. I let a week or two go by and responded to the email again.

All I get is crickets...

I guess they don't want my $200 this year?

Anyone else having similar "problems"??

Spoke to a range officer there, there are numerous issues with membership and renewals. Best to print your invoice from the website and bring it with you. (easiest way to renew) The ROs should have no issues with it. I'm hoping to volunteer my time up there shortly to assist them. It is great range for us in nothern jersey. I renewed mine online and it took almost 2 months to get the new card.

Spoke to a range officer there, there are numerous issues with membership and renewals. Best to print your invoice from the website and bring it with you. (easiest way to renew) The ROs should have no issues with it. I'm hoping to volunteer my time up there shortly to assist them. It is great range for us in nothern jersey. I renewed mine online and it took almost 2 months to get the new card.

Due to my 3 different membership numbers, and the fact that they say my membership expired in 2010 despite having valid passes (and a receipt) through 6/2011, I'm unable to renew online.

yes pink unicorns do exist because I do know Eric.

For once I don't think the outsourcing of the membership cards was due to back scratching I think it had everything to do with people not checking up on volunteers and volunteers not doing their job so ANJRPC got put into a jam with the backlog of memberships. Now regardless of how bad the backlog is, if a company was hired to do it, the problems should all be fixed by now otherwise this company needs to be fired and a new one rehired because clearly they are doing something wrong.

Worst case scenario Dan, once I find the location and time of the monthly meetings, you can just come with me and air your concerns about your membership there :)

yes pink unicorns do exist because I do know Eric.

For once I don't think the outsourcing of the membership cards was due to back scratching I think it had everything to do with people not checking up on volunteers and volunteers not doing their job so ANJRPC got put into a jam with the backlog of memberships. Now regardless of how bad the backlog is, if a company was hired to do it, the problems should all be fixed by now otherwise this company needs to be fired and a new one rehired because clearly they are doing something wrong.

Worst case scenario Dan, once I find the location and time of the monthly meetings, you can just come with me and air your concerns about your membership there :)

What about me Matt? I'm the voice of reason.

I was unable to renew online because my member number was wrong in the system. It took 17 weeks to get my new cards, and in the meantime, we just used our old ones with no problems or drama. We told Gene about the issue, and he said that they're having a lot of issues with membership renewals and to just keep using the old ones until the new ones come in. I asked him about people who didn't renew and just keep showing up, and he pretty much said that it'll be a problem until they're informed that the paperwork is fully caught up, and then they'll be able to weed out the stragglers.

Yeah, the volunteers who were doing the membership paperwork dropped the ball. There were people who paid their fees and never made it into the database. Going to an outside company seemed like a reasonable idea, but it looks like whatever company they hired is having issues slogging through the member lists.

CR is a good place, but it could be much better. Last year, there were rumors that they were putting in a 5-stand setup on the shotgun field, but that never happened. I can understand them not wanting to do anything major for political reasons, and I don't know the details of their relationship with the state, but I'm sure they don't want any additional attention from the various agencies. Better to have a range that is as it is than to lose it for nothing other than NJ anti gun politics.

Covers over the silo range would be nice, though.

I'm hoping to volunteer my time up there shortly to assist them.

Why the fugg should they expect people to volunteer when they are paying $200 a year for a friggin range. It is highly obvious that most ranges in NJ are a business, thats it. They could care less about anything else. All you need is a couple of benches and a good solid back stop. It doesn't need to be fancy. This is hilarious, how they make you pay so much but still have volunteer weekends. :laugh:

It's like someone drives up in a Mercedes and asks you if you have an extra buck. ROFLMAO, these people are geniouses. I am reminded of a specific P.T. Barnum quote but I'll keep it to myself

• Like 1

Just like CCW isn't banned in NJ; you can get your permit if you meet the requirements.

50BMG is allowed on some Thursdays, for a few hours middays. It hasn't been announced on the phone line as promised for a long time, so there has been no time.

In other words, unless someone makes the announcement on the phone line, and you are either unemployed, retired or work non-typical hours, or can take vacation days, you cannot shoot 50BMG at CR.

They already ban most 50BMG bullets, as most attract magnets. If you do spend the money for expensive bullets, like Hornady AMAX, you can't get a day to shoot.

The fire thing is a old maid's tale, and they don't pre-wet anything.

I love CR, but they are as responsible for the downfall of 50BMG in NJ as any politician trying to ban them.

Due to my 3 different membership numbers, and the fact that they say my membership expired in 2010 despite having valid passes (and a receipt) through 6/2011, I'm unable to renew online.

Had a similar issue last year. they need to update the memebership DB there are many errors in it. I contacted the guy charge of membership an explained my findings he resolved it. I had 2 numbers attached to my name and one for my wife. They should consider asking for help (from thier members) if they need it to resolve the issues insted of kiciking the can down the road. Cherry ridge is about the only option available to the north, short of going to PA.

I have replied to a few of the emails I have received regarding this. I will be print this thread out and any direct emails I receive and will personally deliver them to the appropriate parties at our meeting next month. FWIW - I have only received my card and not the other 4 as part of my Family Plan.

I have replied to a few of the emails I have received regarding this. I will be print this thread out and any direct emails I receive and will personally deliver them to the appropriate parties at our meeting next month. FWIW - I have only received my card and not the other 4 as part of my Family Plan.

Wojo,

I really really appreciate that. Let me know if you need some additional manpower in any way.