djg0770

Dealing with ANJRPC

It's again time to renew my valued membership to Cherry Ridge Range - oh, I mean ANJRPC. Used their website "contact us" received a contact email back asking what "exactly" I needed, so I responded to the email. I let a week or two go by and responded to the email again.

All I get is crickets...

I guess they don't want my $200 this year?

Anyone else having similar "problems"??

It's again time to renew my valued membership to Cherry Ridge Range - oh, I mean ANJRPC. Used their website "contact us" received a contact email back asking what "exactly" I needed, so I responded to the email. I let a week or two go by and responded to the email again.

All I get is crickets...

I guess they don't want my $200 this year?

Anyone else having similar "problems"??

Dan

I just signed again in June on the web. You can resign once you log into your account. I needed some info and they emailed me the next day. They should send you a link if you need it to log in. It worked ok.

I renewed last month on line. The old man who used to do membership has yielded his grip on the issue. The club has hired a professional firm that specializes in running these types of websites. If you have a glitch, let me know and I will try to help you out.

I also renewed online back in march, and just received my membership card last week. The irony is my wife saw it on the counter and thought it was junk mail and threw it in the garbage. So let's see how long it takes for them to send me a replacement.

I signed up in June and just only received my membership card this past week. And someone wrote on the top of it, wrong address even though my address is there but was covered by some sticky bar code.

ANJRPC is a hot mess with probably some of the worst management known to man. It's a disgrace really.

I renewed back December. Never recieved my range card. I left several messages on voice mail, heard nothing. Tried the email, heard nothing. I finally emailed the President ANJRPC. He emailed me back and said I should go to the range and if anyone questions me, have them call him. I still have not recieved my card. The Range Safety Officer I spoke to said the new automated card system is a mess. I have had no problems with the RSOs since I am a regular.

I wanted to join back in December I e-mail my problem ( I work on Sundays) and was e-mailed back to call this number Wednesdays thru Sundays between 8:30 and 4:30 to set up a time for the briefing. I called numerous times and left voicemail messages over 3 months and nobody every called back. I gave up calling and leaving messages figured there membership quota was filled up.

No problems here... :sarcastichand:

I don't care if I have a range card or not...

I know the ROs fairly well and I'm always paid up, so while I know I'm going to be legit, it always bugs me if I can't provide proof.

What I did do last year is print out my paid receipt and kept it with my gear. My badge eventually showed up.

That is a big concern we are addressing. We are getting proposals and debating about putting a more high tech solution in place. Perhaps an electronic gate or other methods are still be considered and the merits / cons of each reviewed. Something along the lines of an electronic key-flob might be the ticket. When you renew, that device is automatically 'renewed', no mailing or cards etc. Lots of things to consider and debate. The most important thing is, thinks have to change for the better.

Once this thread plays out a little more, I will be sending the link to the appropriate committee chairs for them to read. Keep it constructive and professional please.

I joined ANJRPC back in November 2010. I paid online with a credit card on November 6, 2010. I showed up on the fist Sunday of that month for the safety briefing (membership Sunday) on November 7th, 2010. I finally got a membership badge about a month or so later except it said in bold print that I had to show up to another safety briefing. So I went again on March 6, 2010 and explained the situation saying that I had already attended the safety briefing and just wanted my badge for the year. He said to give him the November temp badge to prove I was there which I did and he gave me another temp badge for March good for another 30 days. He said I should get my badge now and told me it should be in the mail in a few weeks. Well months later I am still waiting. I guess I should start carrying my receipt with me like other people do in case I get questioned. I was actually thinking about becoming a life member because it seems to be a bargain but now I am not so sure.

Luigi Rizzo

That is a big concern we are addressing. We are getting proposals and debating about putting a more high tech solution in place. Perhaps an electronic gate or other methods are still be considered and the merits / cons of each reviewed. Something along the lines of an electronic key-flob might be the ticket. When you renew, that device is automatically 'renewed', no mailing or cards etc. Lots of things to consider and debate. The most important thing is, thinks have to change for the better.

Once this thread plays out a little more, I will be sending the link to the appropriate committee chairs for them to read. Keep it constructive and professional please.

Well, at least I'm not alone. Customer service seems to be the same across the board (lousy). I have NO PROBLEM AT ALL with any of the REAL RO's at the range, they're a great group of guys which can't be said about other ranges I have been to. And by "Real RO's" those of you that have run into one of the Posers know what I am talking about.

your getting a new truck Mark??

And yes the RO's at CR are phenomenal everything else about CR = epic fail

Agreed Dan but there are some ad hoc and one real employed RO that are real AH's.

And Matt, Your whining is an art form. Shut up or fix it if it bothers you so much. We are still getting a real bang for the buck.

And Wojo Are you on the board or influential in some way? If so let's talk.

nice im assuming a gasser?

Gasser is right.

38 gallons, 500 miles. 13.15 mpg. It didn't help that I had the tonneau cover up on the log splitter, acting like a huge air dam. Nor did it help that I was running a bit faster than I thought because of the oversize tires. I stuck the GPS in when I got home and found the speedo is off by about 10%. I suspected it was wrong so I kept it 65-70...which meant I was running 71-77 the entire way contributing to the poor gas mileage.

truck1.jpg

It's a brick, designed to carry a load of stuff, it's not supposed to be good on gas... But you knew that. Congrats on a nice truck Mark.

Yeah, I'm not really worried about the gas mileage...I just like to **** about it.

It sits up really high. My SUV did but this takes it to a whole new level. I'm looking down at the roofs of full sized suburbans and what not. I think the air is different up there too.

And Wojo Are you on the board or influential in some way? If so let's talk.

I'm a committee chair and attend all the meetings. I have regular access to all the board members. Last night I was discussing this on going problem with a board member that handles a different committee.

FWIW - I am trying to bring Appleseed to CR for 2012 and will be very involved with the planning and event itself.

I learned real fast that weekend shooting (IMO) was just going to be a clusterf**k so I go strictly during the weekdays having the good fortune of flexable time so that works great for me-translation: no probs here. I am curious about the non-member shooters. As far as I know your supposed to display your badge for all to see and occasionaly I'll notice someone w/o one and wonder...Instead of some expensive hi tech system to implement how about a good ole fashioned RO sweep to observe the badges? I've never seen a check in progress other than the rare drive-by in the trucks which I'm not sure is a check having seen guys w/o badges not be asked for ID. Of course that guy may already be a recognized member but like I said, never saw anyone w/o a badge to cough up ID.But I am glad to see some "new blood" getting into the operations and mixing it up a bit as it seemed to be getting a little stale there.Not that Ive been there very long but chatting with others over time left the stale impressions.I do what I can when I can by working every Work Weekend since I joined.

Instead of some expensive hi tech system to implement how about a good ole fashioned RO sweep to observe the badges?

Because - without timely processing of member badges you can't conduct an effective sweep. People in this thread have already commented that they renewed in Feb 2011 and have not received their badges yet. It's nearly August people!!! Six months to process a simple badge is just not acceptable, not acceptable at all.

I've sent 4 emails in the past 2 wks to "[email protected]" or whatever the email is (replied to a message they sent me) and I have YET to receive a reply. Am I then to worry about whether I am "legit" with my membership if they are so lackadaisical with their part of the process??

I'm a committee chair and attend all the meetings. I have regular access to all the board members. Last night I was discussing this on going problem with a board member that handles a different committee.

FWIW - I am trying to bring Appleseed to CR for 2012 and will be very involved with the planning and event itself.

I'm glad you are participating. What committee?

I was refferencing shooters without ANY badge, not necessarily w/o a re-newed badge. I was told untill a new badge is issued the old one will suffice. Someone with no badge displayed should be looled at.