Ray Ray

Ammoman run!

I figured since he's in Jersey and his prices are decent AND it would be cool to see where its at. Looking for some 7.62x39mm, 45acp, and 9mm. Let's make it a road trip!

Ray did you finally get an AK? I see all these x39 posts...

I don't see any good prices on his site. $240 for a case of x39? Cabela's just had a sale at $3.50 for a box of 20, shoulda stocked up like me!

But it would be cool to see his stock and his warehouse or wherever he keeps it all.

Ray Ray:

Don't expect a big thrill. You call ahead. He's in an industrial park. Locked door - you call from the parking lot to be let in. You see the reception area and pay the secretary/office manager. Someone brings your ammo out to the front. You leave with ammo in tow. That is all.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

thats 90 miles from me, one way. it would only be worth it for a group buy and split gas. or if you were already going to ft. dix, as its another hour past. if you live close, fine. but i stopped using TJs as my FFL because hes so far away. whatever i saved in the nics price was offset in gas and tolls.

So this place is right here in the Garden State, and they won't ship to NJ residents??

Nice prices, but cost of gas would seem to offset any savings in shipping......

I've tried dealing with them. He can keep his ammo, and I'll keep my money. If he discounts for pickup, that's new. He used to absolutely refuse to take anything off the shipped price AND you had to pay sales tax to boot.

I've tried dealing with them. He can keep his ammo, and I'll keep my money. If he discounts for pickup, that's new. He used to absolutely refuse to take anything off the shipped price AND you had to pay sales tax to boot.

That would be a dealbreaker for me right there.

Its also cheaper to buy it in person...He usually takes $20-$40 off the shipped prices....

If you can afford to bring cash, pay in cash and negoiate a little, he will cut a little more off the price.

I basically live right around the corner from him ,bought ammo last year from him and he did take like $20 off a case since he wasnt shipping it but when you add in sales tax his prices werent that great , look for a Cabelas sale or at Target Sports USA , way cheaper on stuff !!

Yeah, dealing with Eric was much simpler and more pleasant back in the day when he had a smaller operation (I'm talking 10 years ago).

You could stop by, see the warehouse, chat with Eric. He's show you his guns for sale (used to sell firearms back in the day), you pay cash, he'd take 10 bucks off a case of 9mm and charge no tax.

Now it's all more "official" and impersonal. Probably comes with running a much larger operation, so I'm happy for him if his gescheft is doing well.

I used you buy ammo from him all the time back then, but now I just wait till Cabelas runs a super cheap shipping promo and order in bulk.

I really don't get it. You can get ammo cheaper from several places, even with shipping charges added to the bottom line. Are you guys buying by the box or something?

Yeah I don't get it either. With everyone posting, even if he takes off 20 or 30 bucks you still lose the discount with gas and sales tax.

Yeah I don't get it either. With everyone posting, even if he takes off 20 or 30 bucks you still lose the discount with gas and sales tax.

Yeah but if I'm already in the neighborhood and I have cash and he's got ammo I'm taking it. No government tracking your credit card, no state watching your shipments, and no city eying your gun purchases.

Eric (Ammoman) will make a copy of you DL and FID.

That being said i was buying 7.62x39 for under $200 a case CASH picked up. I live 15 minutes away so it's close for me. Call AHEAD to make sure they are open, he may be driving one of his numerous $100k+ cars down the shore...

Like others have said, you get buzzed in and wait in a receptionist office area and pay, they bring out your ****.

Like others have said, you get buzzed in and wait in a receptionist office area and pay, they bring out your ****.

Unless you buy several cases and need to back up to the overhead doors. :icon_twisted:

Yeah but if I'm already in the neighborhood and I have cash and he's got ammo I'm taking it. No government tracking your credit card, no state watching your shipments, and no city eying your gun purchases.

Yeah, I guess you don't have walmart ammo, so he's probably a decent substitute for handgun ammo.

BTW - you don't need to use a credit card to buy ammo over the web. You can send a money order.

EDIT:

I was just going to go to check it out. I can always find good prices.

If I was in the area I wouldn't mind checking out his operation.