TheMan

Hurricane irene photos!

Must be the ammo bunker..

malsua001.jpg

SssSSH. no one is supposed to know about the ammunition dump.

Thanks for checking, I appreciate it!

The list is because we've not filled the water tank on the other side...I think it's 60 gallons or something.

Wayne is flooded - what the heck else is new

23 is closed - see above

heard a rumor on facebook that the Hamburg Turnpike bridge at Pompton Lake dam failed

Check out youtube, some one posted a video of the pompton lake dam, its is pouring water into the town right now..

video of the dam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v49rjw5WqFI

video of the street(HAMBURG TPK) just below the dam

They were prepping the damn all week, making sure it would hold, honestly tho, nothing in this world was gonna stop the water from pouring over it.

I live about 3 miles from the damn, up in the hills past oakland. I tried to get down there just now to see this for myself and couldnt even get through oakland the trees are down on almost every street.

23 south of 287?

Any word of north of Butler?

Went up 23 north from 287 at around noon and the road was open at that time, but all the lights from Echo lake rd and north into Oak Ridge were out. The water near the new Ramsey car lot was about 1 1/2 feet below the road at that time. Southbound there was water over the road by the Shell station (just past Greenpond rd) but cars were still getting through. When I got to the water treatment plant I noticed cars were reversing back and turning around driving the wrong way to the U turn in the middle, I think a tree may have come down since it was open on my way up and there were no officials there directing traffic.

Went up 23 north from 287 at around noon and the road was open at that time, but all the lights from Echo lake rd and north into Oak Ridge were out. The water near the new Ramsey car lot was about 1 1/2 feet below the road at that time. Southbound there was water over the road by the Shell station (just past Greenpond rd) but cars were still getting through. When I got to the water treatment plant I noticed cars were reversing back and turning around driving the wrong way to the U turn in the middle, I think a tree may have come down since it was open on my way up and there were no officials there directing traffic.

My power is out again and if it doesn't come back by morning, I won't go to work. Looking at the 511nj.org traffic conditions, getting out of Vernon is problematic at best. We've had numerous reverse 911 calls from the PD saying all major roads and some minor roades are closed...94 north and south, 23 north and south, 15, etc. I can't leave, lol.

Check out youtube, some one posted a video of the pompton lake dam, its is pouring water into the town right now..

video of the dam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v49rjw5WqFI

video of the street(HAMBURG TPK) just below the dam

They were prepping the damn all week, making sure it would hold, honestly tho, nothing in this world was gonna stop the water from pouring over it.

I live about 3 miles from the damn, up in the hills past oakland. I tried to get down there just now to see this for myself and couldnt even get through oakland the trees are down on almost every street.

I wonder how many pike and tiger muskies are washing though that parking lot.

My power is out again and if it doesn't come back by morning, I won't go to work. Looking at the 511nj.org traffic conditions, getting out of Vernon is problematic at best. We've had numerous reverse 911 calls from the PD saying all major roads and some minor roades are closed...94 north and south, 23 north and south, 15, etc. I can't leave, lol.

I don't know when the Pequannock is supposed to crest above Butler but I would imagine things have gotten worse since I was there. I went down Greenpond to get out of the area and that was passable but sketchy, trees laying on power lines and water over the road in spots. Route 80 had 6 inches of water on it in both directions between exits 37 and 39, road was open but slow through overwash.

So around 4pm today, I came up for a break from getting water out of the basement, only to find this in my back yard.

IMG_20110828_160133.jpg

It's been a fun day.

Can't tell how big it is from that pic, that part that shows is small. I've been through that twice in the past few years, and one of mine was really big. It sucks.

Can't tell how big it is from that pic, that part that shows is small. I've been through that twice in the past few years, and one of mine was really big. It sucks.

Not too big - about 8-10ft. A good portion of is sticking out the other end of the pine trees.

So around 4pm today, I came up for a break from getting water out of the basement, only to find this in my back yard.

IMG_20110828_160133.jpg

It's been a fun day.

What sucks about that, is that it probably crushed your Arborvitae, and now you'll have a hole in your hedge to look at your neighbors.

Ummmm, smoke break?

Yep

What sucks about that, is that it probably crushed your Arborvitae, and now you'll have a hole in your hedge to look at your neighbors.

Luckily it's on the end of the row furthest from the house, so I won't have to look at them too much.

downsized_0828111124.jpg

downsized_0828111124a.jpg

downsized_0828111126.jpg

1st street in Bayonne, under the Bayonne Bridge to Staten Island, NY.

Damn, that looks like the ghetto. Bayonne is a place I've spent very little time in over the years for no particular reason. I think the last time I was there was in the early 80s.

I guess you know what those two blue pipes sticking up in that photo are, right? Did you take the photo?

Not too big - about 8-10ft. A good portion of is sticking out the other end of the pine trees.

Did you tell Governor Sandwiches about this? Is this part of the "tens of billions of dollars" in damage he reported a few hours ago or are we going to have to add it to the top?

J, your power back on?

Hightstown was crazy earlier in the day. Water was waste high there downtown, it receeded very quickly though it seems.

I am sure 50% of the houses there got flooded, and I know the shops downtown did. There were some horrid pics on mycentraljersey.com