reloaderguy

New tunnel and bridge tolls in Sept into NY!

I just saw one of those electronic traffic signs on the approach of the Outerbridge Crossing saying tolls would be going up in Sept from $8 to $12. Are they freekin' kidding me? A $4 increase. Does the increase include a free car wash? Will I get there faster or with less traffic? NO.

Really? I thought they squashed that increase and settled on an additional .75 per year for the next 4 years?

Well I guess they never got the message.

http://www.panynj.gov/about/new-toll-fare-2011.html?tabnum=1

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/19/higher-bridge-tunnel-and-path-rates-approved/

Really? I thought they squashed that increase and settled on an additional .75 per year for the next 4 years?

Yeah, wt? I just saw on the Bayonne Bridge going up to $12.

Oh wait, I just read that for cash paying only. EZ pass is only going up $1.50. ONLY!!!!!!!!!!hahaha

what the heck do they do with all that money, they sure dont spend it on the bridges they look like ****..

They say they need the increase because less people are going into the city because of the economy. One word "layoffs" like any other company does!

My friend lives in Brooklyn and also owns a house in Staten Island. I know he gets a discount plan on his EZ pass for the Varrazano Bridge. Maybe that is it?

Well if you live in NJ and visit relatives in Brooklyn round trip in tolls is $25 without easypass!

When are the sheeple that live in this area going to stand up and say "enough of this crap"?

You were joking, right?

Even if the voters were to all of sudden sprout brains and balls, it is the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey who call the shots around here, transportation-wise. It is a such a powerful, autonomous agency that even the respective governors of the two states are loathe to piss them off by fighting them. It is also one of the most lucrative patronage mills in this country, benefiting political hacks from both parties, so again it's hands off when it comes to bringing them to account.

If you really want to get sick, try looking at the listing of salary and overtime PANY&NJ workers roll up in a typical year (I believe it may be on the nj.com website somewhere...Star-Ledger archives those stories); from the lowliest maintenance worker to the highest-paid, one-meeting-per-month but gets an office, staff and car executive. It is OBSCENE how they have continually gotten away with their financial shenanigans, all at the expense of the working stiffs who sometimes have no choice but to use their bridges and tunnels.

Please don't get me started on how they recently fleeced--or were allowed to fleece us, thanks to our feckless mayor--the city of Bayonne for a huge tract of waterfront that the U.S. Army had given us for free. Yup, for as long as I've been alive and living here the P.A. has called the shots, and it ain't changing anytime soon.

Regards,

Scott

Christie was a sap on this one. MTA/Port Authority is one of the most powerful, ridiculously overpaid unions in the country. For someone who is so anti union, he didn't put up much of a fight. My parents live in queens, and I live in short hills. It now costs them almost $30 to come visit me, and that cost is going up. I am currently in the process of convincing my wife to GTFOut of here, and move out west (Colorado perhaps.)

You were joking, right?

See for yourself. What you don't see listed is the toll from Brooklyn to SI on the Varrazano Bridge which is an additional $12 or $13. That's where you get $25 toll roundtrip.

See for yourself. What you don't see listed is the toll from Brooklyn to SI on the Varrazano Bridge which is an additional $12 or $13. That's where you get $25 toll roundtrip.

Sorry, let me be slightly more specific:

When are the sheeple that live in this area going to stand up and say "enough of this crap"?

You were joking, right?

Yes, the new toll rate for cars will be $12.00, but for trucks it will be $13.00 per axle. A tractor trailer will now have to pay $65.00 to get into NY.

Even if you never go into NY again, you will still pay the toll increase because truckers will have to raise there rates for delivery's, and in return, the merchants will have to raise there prices on there merchandise.

Yes, the new toll rate for cars will be $12.00, but for trucks it will be $13.00 per axle. A tractor trailer will now have to pay $65.00 to get into NY.

Even if you never go into NY again, you will still pay the toll increase because truckers will have to raise there rates for delivery's, and in return, the merchants will have to raise there prices on there merchandise.

YES!! Most people don't realize this. Everything is on the back of a truck at one time. With the toll hikes and the price of diesel fuel over $4 and rising almost daily, your gallon of milk should be $9 before long.

YES!! Most people don't realize this. Everything is on the back of a truck at one time. With the toll hikes and the price of diesel fuel over $4 and rising almost daily, your gallon of milk should be $9 before long.

...Everything is on the back of a truck at one time. With the toll hikes and the price of diesel fuel over $4 and rising almost daily, your gallon of milk should be $9 before long.

Welcome to the Glorious Weimar!

Please don't park your wheelbarrow in the handicap spots

:icon_evil:

I have been in the city since Friday, I think I paid all the tolls on the way in? Not sure how people live in here, it is mad crowded everywhere and everything is so expensive!

You pay only one toll when going to Manhattan or the Bronx and you don't pay a toll to cross back into Jersey because these tolls are owned by Port Authority . If you cross into Brooklyn or Queens, you pay another toll and if you want to go back to Manhattan or the Bronx, you need to pay a toll once again, these tolls are owned by MTA.

I think I was one of the first to pay the stupid tolls after they were hiked. Didn't leave JFK airport 'till 11:45. Went over the Verrazano at like 12:10.... Grr....... stupid customs taking an hour after the flight landed.

The Verrazano Bridge is owned by the MTA, not Port Authority. The Verrazano has been $13.00 for some time now. You could have went over the Whitestone Bridge and paid $6.50 and took 95 south into Jersey.