Wolfy

Mossberg MVP

It's a good idea on Mossberg's part - 5.56mm chamber + AR mags = WIN. But, they slightly missed the mark IMHO. Most of the "black rifle" guys (myself included) aren't gonna be very interested in a 24" varmint rifle. A 20" version with a 1/7 or 1/8 barrel that can handle heavier 77gr bullets would be much more interesting.

This rifle clearly was designed as a backup to the AR. I agree light and short would make more sense. How many of us are going to engage someone 200+ yards away? If you have that much distance retreat.

I don't own a black rifle but am interested in one of these. JIK

the question is how shitty is the trigger gonna be? i dunno why but i have 2 mossberg rim fires and the trigger on both are garbage

It has an adjustable trigger (LBA, been around since 2008,) which is screwdriver-adjustable from 2-7 lbs. Similar to the Savage Accu-Trigger (with the small blade in the trigger face.)

Which model is that? Barrel length?

C

Model 27700 ~ 24" Barrel. I put a Nikon Monarch 3-12SF on it. So far I've shot some Prvi 50 gr, Rem 55 gr through it during break in (results on vid). Next time out I have some Prvi Match 55 and 62 gr. As well as some custom 60 gr V-Max coming out to 100 yds. I'll post results.

Model 27700 ~ 24" Barrel. I put a Nikon Monarch 3-12SF on it. So far I've shot some Prvi 50 gr, Rem 55 gr through it during break in (results on vid). Next time out I have some Prvi Match 55 and 62 gr. As well as some custom 60 gr V-Max coming out to 100 yds. I'll post results.

Nice, Im waiting on them to get the 18.5" barreled one released.

Looks pretty cool. Only downside is that even though it's bolt action, you can still only use 15 round mags since it takes standard AR mags. Plus side is that the mags will still be relatively cheap.

I don't necessarly think this is true. Same deal as people with .50 beowolf uppers. a 20 round .223 mag becomes a 7 (?) round .50 mag.

I have an xt-22, The magazine could easily be placed onto a model 60 and then would be an illegal 17 round mag.. I don't think im breaking the law

Maybe someone can clarify for me why this can't legally take 15+ mags.in NJ. Isnt that restriction for semi-autos only?

Since it takes AR mags, just having a 30rd AR mag that will work in an AR(assuming you don't even own one) is grounds for prosecution.