AS350Driver

Old Bridge USPSA 9-25-11

OK i'll bite what paperwork? Membership to OB? Nice, but how does that prevent you from attending a match?

Ronny, the paperwork he is talking about is for probationary members, they need to fill a quota, 5 sign-offs are required, minimum of 3 observations of matches and at least participate in 2. You can participate in as many as you like but that is the minimum needed to go from probationary member to full member.

Harry

OK i'll bite what paperwork? Membership to OB? Nice, but how does that prevent you from attending a match?

Ronny, the paperwork he is talking about is for probationary members, they need to fill a quota, 5 sign-offs are required, minimum of 3 observations of matches and at least participate in 2. You can participate in as many as you like but that is the minimum needed to go from probationary member to full member.

Harry

Sorry should have been participate. I am aware of the sign offs from other club members.

Sorry should have been participate. I am aware of the sign offs from other club members.

I got ya Ronny, I think Ray meant that he would rather focus his attention to satisfying the OB requirements first but I do agree, get out and shoot all if you can and enjoy it., I am interested to hear Ray's review of USPSA when he shoots one.

Harry

Harry

I tell you what, that BLOWS. I would NEVER want to observe matches. I would go nuts. I want to be in there shooting. Even if I did badly. That's just torture.

Ray Ray? You said you were at OB during Sundays match. Does that count for credit even though you didn't sit there thru the whole thing?

I tell you what, that BLOWS. I would NEVER want to observe matches. I would go nuts. I want to be in there shooting. Even if I did badly. That's just torture.

Ray Ray? You said you were at OB during Sundays match. Does that count for credit even though you didn't sit there thru the whole thing?

I always advise against just watching, no reason to do that and it's not required but they do leave that as an option for people we may not really be into any of the gun disciplines that are available at the club. Like me, I didn't watch any of them, I participated in alot them, did a good job of being safe, was nice to everyone and they were the same way to me, now if I would actually shoot better I think I would have more fun. :icon_mrgreen:

Harry

Yes, membership to OB. I don't have unlimited funds so my range times are used wisely.

Just to be clear, participate in 5 is just fine for finishing probation.

On a side note, I just checked range activities for OBRPC for this weekend. It looks like both Indoor and Outdoor are closed . There is maintenance work at the indoor range and an Action Steel Championships at the outdoor range.

I guess I'll just be "observing" and not shooting this weekend if I want to go to the range.:threaten:

On a side note, I just checked range activities for OBRPC for this weekend. It looks like both Indoor and Outdoor are closed . There is maintenance work at the indoor range and an Action Steel Championships at the outdoor range.

I guess I'll just be "observing" and not shooting this weekend if I want to go to the range.:threaten:

Central Jersey has a steel shoot Sunday. It's 8 bucks for nonmembers. It's a very fun laid back shoot.

• Like 1

What is the age requirement for these matches? After the zombie match, my 16 year old is itching to get into this sport. Is it 18 for both rifle and pistol events?

I don't know if there is an age limit. I would recommend starting a youngster out on static steel or OBRAMS w/ a .22 before shooting a USPSA match, though.

What is the age requirement for these matches? After the zombie match, my 16 year old is itching to get into this sport. Is it 18 for both rifle and pistol events?

We have had people under 16 compete regularly. I think the youngest one I had no problem trusting to reliably shoot safely was an 11 year old girl.

If you want to let them try uspsa, start at the indoor matches.

We have had people under 16 compete regularly. I think the youngest one I had no problem trusting to reliably shoot safely was an 11 year old girl.

If you want to let them try uspsa, start at the indoor matches.

I was thinking of the CJ steel match this sunday, the rimfire division. That is static steel, correct?

I don't know if there is an age limit. I would recommend starting a youngster out on static steel or OBRAMS w/ a .22 before shooting a USPSA match, though.

I saw Razo's answer below your post but it may be different with the steel and indoor matches, but when I spoke with Iggy the day we shot together at the OBRAMS match I was told for OBRAMS he said they would like to limit it to 16 year old. There may be special exemptions for known shooters but this was my understanding and he does run OBRAMS matches.

Now the Steel matches I have seen under 16 year old kids shoot, and all of the ones I have seen have done very well.

Harry

Thanks! I have a query in to the CJ site. He has been paper punching for years, and recently graduated to fruit at Dix. He sees the videos when I do idpa, and is salivating. If he is gtg for the steel, should hold him over for awhile.

Steel is a great option to start being they are shooting from one location and not shooting on the move for the most part on. I plan on getting my 12YO daughter into steel, I want to bring her to OB and her and I can practice together in the pits and then I can get her to start shooting on the move as she get better.

That my plan for now, well up until she starts embarrassing her dad by shooting better than me. :icon_mrgreen:

Harry

Thanks! I have a query in to the CJ site. He has been paper punching for years, and recently graduated to fruit at Dix. He sees the videos when I do idpa, and is salivating. If he is gtg for the steel, should hold him over for awhile.

Bring him. I have seen kids younger than him shooting. 16 is fine as far as I know. This is not an official answer mind you, but I have seen young kids shooting. Matter of fact I was squadded with a 12 year old and his dad at CJ for a USPSA match

Bring him. I have seen kids younger than him shooting. 16 is fine as far as I know. This is not an official answer mind you, but I have seen young kids shooting. Matter of fact I was squadded with a 12 year old and his dad at CJ for a USPSA match

Got the official ok, he is really excited now