Maksim

Do you like the Firearms Price Request Feature?

Never really asked the forum in general, but wanted to solicit thoughts, feelings and opinions of the price request feature. It seems like when it started there were 2 a week, and now we average 5 or 6 a day.

What are your general thoughts about it?

What do you like about it?

What don't you like about it?

What would you change about it?

How often have you used it?

Did you or did you not use it to price your last firearm?

Do you use it for new or used items? Or both?

What would cause you to use it more?

What can be made easier?

Anything else?

Would love to hear from both the dealers and forum members.

thanks!

What are your general thoughts about it? Great Idea :yes:

What do you like about it? Email is easier than phone

What don't you like about it? Format (see below)

What would you change about it? Group firearm fields together and add SKU# (model number)

How often have you used it? Every effin day

Did you or did you not use it to price your last firearm? n/a

Do you use it for new or used items? Or both? n/a

What would cause you to use it more? n/a

What can be made easier? Add the SKU # field :roulette:

Anything else? Nope

What are your general thoughts about it? It is a good feature pretty handy and easier than calling around.

What do you like about it? You get pretty quick responses

What don't you like about it? You don't get too many responses (could be due to what I was requesting)

What would you change about it? Nothing that I can think of

How often have you used it? 4-5 times

Did you or did you not use it to price your last firearm? Yes

Do you use it for new or used items? Or both? New

What would cause you to use it more? nothing

What can be made easier? Nothing that I can think of

I love the feature, but like 11b1p said, I usually only get one , maybe 2 responses . PK90 Always gets back within 24 hours or so with a quote, which is great - but it'd be nice if more vendors participated.

All of the vendors get the price requests quotes. It is out of my control as to whom responds. But would be stupid of them not to. =)

What are your general thoughts about it? I Like It!!

What do you like about it? Makes finding a good price on a gun much faster and easier. Not to mention it's supporting NJ vendors.

What don't you like about it? ---------------

What would you change about it? -------------------

How often have you used it? 4x

Did you or did you not use it to price your last firearm? Yes.

Do you use it for new or used items? Or both? New.

What would cause you to use it more? More money in my pocket :)

What can be made easier? I don't think it can be.

What are your general thoughts about it? Pretty awesome.

What do you like about it? Saves time from calling all different places. Plus some responses from places I didn't know existed.

What don't you like about it? You have to know what you want. If I think a five-seven is completely out of my price range (which it is) I won't even include it in my request. The down side is maybe one of those vendors actually had it on sale for a price I could manage.

What would you change about it? ^Said disadvantage can't really be helped. In a perfect world, I see a NJGF newsletter with info from vendors on sales they are having and newly stocked items. Then I woke up.

How often have you used it? Once.

Did you or did you not use it to price your last firearm? Used it.

Do you use it for new or used items? Or both? New

What would cause you to use it more? Having more money and being able to purchase without having to wait 30 days? Any purchase I plan on making I plan on using this feature.

What can be made easier? Just about the only thing is having a few more places respond. I know that can't be helped though so :unknw:

Anything else?

Really can't complain. It doesn't do ALL the work for me, but it is a very helpful tool when you've decided what you want and move on to trying to find it for the cheapest price.

What would you change about it? ^Said disadvantage can't really be helped. In a perfect world, I see a NJGF newsletter with info from vendors on sales they are having and newly stocked items. Then I woke up.

Being jotted to notes and highlighted.

What are your general thoughts about it? It's fantastic, I have found a great FFL in my area that I may not have found without it

What do you like about it? I am able to see who has the best price and who has one in stock or can get it.

What don't you like about it? Nothing at the moment that I can think of.

What would you change about it? Maybe add desired location that the buyer is from or the distance they are willing to travel

How often have you used it? A few time all with great results

Did you or did you not use it to price your last firearm? The last one no being I knew who I wanted to get it from, the previous one Yes

Do you use it for new or used items? Or both? Only have used it for new, never even thought about it for a used gun

What would cause you to use it more? Added discount for using it :icon_mrgreen:

What can be made easier? Too early and need more coffee to answer that.

I just used it, I got 5 quotes (I guess I was looking for something common). I think it's a great feaure.

All of my quotes were within a few percent of each other so I went with the closest shop. It's good to know everybody was in the same ballpark.

I have nothing to improve, although when I submited my request I got one response in a few hours and the rest trickled in over a few days. I had no idea how many vendors were going to respond so i suppose it would be helpful to get negative responses but that's probably up to the vendors.

Plus one with what pk90 states. Manufacturers sku

Number would be tremendous

We get all requests. However we base responses on request location. I don't feel it is realistic for someone say in vry south jersey to drive all the way up to us!! Even if we ARE the better price to

Pick the firearm up

Maybe sort the request to northern/southern dealers based on requesters location?

Other than that it works GREAT!!

I agree with what PK90 and Nickjc said.

I am in Central NJ and when pricing a gun, I will factor time and fuel/ toll cost into buying. Why spend 1+ hours driving and gas/ tolls to save pennies. I think having a breakdown of North, South, Central and all dealers would be great. This way you can choose what local dealers get the price request. I included all, because sometimes your looking for a hard to get item and nobody local has it.

I have used it a few times but generally know what I am looking for and seem to always go to the same dealer. I think it is awesome.

Ok. The ability to limit to x amount of miles would be awesome, however it is not something that can be easily done, and would require a re-write. Fantastic idea and will be taken into consideration and done as soon as I have the ability to.

We can do the North/South/Central thing, however what if you are on the border and the closest shop is in reality in a different region. So having it within x amount of miles would work best.

Fantastic idea, keep it coming.

Hey. Don't cut me out just because I am 80 miles south. :icon_e_confused: I may not respond to someone who only wants a local quote, but I could have it $100 cheaper. Would it be worth the extra travel for someone? Maybe.

I have used the service to get prices several times, and I like it a lot. I have actually purchased from a NJGF vendor a few of those times. I agree with others who have noted that geography is a concern. It would help if vendors could simply indicate where they are located. Then we could make an informed decision, weighing out the savings vs. the travel. I don't think that would take a major overhaul of the system.

For the time being, it will always go to every dealer. Up to the dealers to respond.

Personally, I travel over an hour and a half because I like some folks, and many folks from up north swear by Paul and travel over 2 hours.

It is not Texas where it is 6 hours to cross the state. I think it would be stupid for a dealer to not respond, or it would be as unwise for a person to dismiss a vendor just because he is an hours drive away.

Think of that hour drive as time invested in your own piece and happyness. =P

Never really asked the forum in general, but wanted to solicit thoughts, feelings and opinions of the price request feature. It seems like when it started there were 2 a week, and now we average 5 or 6 a day.

What are your general thoughts about it? Great idea.

What do you like about it? Ease of use

What don't you like about it? Nothing

What would you change about it? If possible try to add some more

Northern vendors. Definately RTSP

when they open up.

How often have you used it? Have used it about 4 or 5 times

Did you or did you not use it to price your last firearm? No. Vendor was too far South

Do you use it for new or used items? Or both? Both

What would cause you to use it more? See above.

What can be made easier? Nothing.

Anything else?

Would love to hear from both the dealers and forum members.

thanks!

What are your general thoughts about it? GREAT idea; big time-saver for potential gun buyers.

What do you like about it? Everything...works for me.

What don't you like about it? See above.

What would you change about it? I like the idea of "regional" price quotes, but would still take a ride to points distant for a buy, especially if there is something else of interest there, or on the way (Paul is in the middle of Weird NJ, for example...)

How often have you used it? Four times.

Did you or did you not use it to price your last firearm? Yes.

Do you use it for new or used items? Or both? Used it for both; wound up getting quotes on, and buying, new.

What would cause you to use it more? If I had more $$ to spend, and if it were easier getting PP's ;-(

What can be made easier? I think it's pretty user-friendly, and see no changes that are necessary.

When using the feature I never know who the requests are going to and from whom I should be expecting an answer. I am not sure how many vendors participate but it does not seem like many. I have found the need to also Email others to look for a particular firearm.

When using the feature I never know who the requests are going to and from whom I should be expecting an answer. I am not sure how many vendors participate but it does not seem like many. I have found the need to also Email others to look for a particular firearm.

Will make that clarification on the form.

Every vendor (ffl) on the forum gets the price request.

Regarding other's comments about geography I believe it depends on how desperate you are that will make you drive farther. I had a pistol permit on an extension that was going to expire and found what I was looking for at Lawman Supply near Atlantic City. I would up driving there from central Jersey to make my purchase before the permit expired. Sometimes it is hard to find what you want and get it shipped in time to avoid having the permit expire.

Geography makes a big difference I dont think we ever had anyone south of 78 drive up to grab a firearm. :-) No matter how good the price.

I tried it when looking for my first firearm(PX4-G) but got not a single reply.

When i was looking for a second firearm (pre-lock S&W 686), it never crossed my mind to use it probably due to the lack of responses to my first query

Geography makes a big difference I dont think we ever had anyone south of 78 drive up to grab a firearm. :-) No matter how good the price.

Just some friendly advice... I have driven 65 miles to TJ's, and 78 miles to A-n-A to buy guns. I'm certainly not alone on this forum, either.

• Like 1

Just some friendly advice... I have driven 65 miles to TJ's, and 78 miles to A-n-A to buy guns. I'm certainly not alone on this forum, either.

Advice taken. :-)

I don't buy guns anymore.. but when I did.. I used it a few times, but then I just have my favorite few FFL's and just email them directly now.