Joelk

Pics or Videos of your 4x4 Off Road

How about a picture/video thread of your 4x4 or any BOV, with the caveat that the pictures must be off road (anywhere other than in your driveway or a parking lot)?

Here is my jeep ( currently being parted out though, and returned to stock ) I dont have much time for wheeling with my current job, so shes gotta go to free up funds for other projects, when I start to work better work hours i WILL be getting another jeep.

4693875014_e2451706ee_b.jpg

5846499812_5d4daa7836_b.jpg

3856576488_09ab8fa25b_z.jpg?zz=1

281934_1852393795079_1397817979_31557155_6272350_n.jpg

28816_1289346159240_1397817979_30667954_3920498_n.jpg

How about a picture/video thread of your 4x4 or any BOV, with the caveat that the pictures must be off road (anywhere other than in your driveway or a parking lot)?

Here is my favorite pic of my truck:

312426_1494500140347_1769394654_749669_4681080_n.jpg

And here is an older video of the same hill:

If anyone posting is interested I will organize a NJGF ride in the pine barrens like this one I did on another NJ forum.

Nothing too hard, mostly easy trails, with a few water crossings. All or the really hard stuff has go arounds.

Is that you contributing to the tearing-up of Jemima Mount or are you somewhere different?

Driving up a hill = tearing it up?

Is it Jemima Mount or not? If it is, you have no business driving up there. It's a geological site and ecologically used as a geodetic control station. Just "driving up a hill" as you put it, has done the damage you see there. What damage you ask? The fact that it never used to be a road right there, for one. You and the dozens of others that "drive or wheel or whatever" up the Mount each year contribute to it's current eroded condition. Listen, I'm not trying to bust your balls and I can only assume you just figured you were driving the fun roads or whatever. Someone took you there once and they didn't know the damage that was being caused either. Truth be told, it's people that do this that will eventually have our freedom to drive in the Pines taken away. Look at what was done to Apple Pie Hill. Now you can't drive up to the tower at all, because of all the j*rkoffs that tore it up and littered.

All that being said, if this is not Jemima Mount, than I appologize for being an *sshole.

Is it Jemima Mount or not? If it is, you have no business driving up there. It's a geological site and ecologically used as a geodetic control station. Just "driving up a hill" as you put it, has done the damage you see there. What damage you ask? The fact that it never used to be a road right there, for one. You and the dozens of others that "drive or wheel or whatever" up the Mount each year contribute to it's current eroded condition. Listen, I'm not trying to bust your balls and I can only assume you just figured you were driving the fun roads or whatever. Someone took you there once and they didn't know the damage that was being caused either. Truth be told, it's people that do this that will eventually have our freedom to drive in the Pines taken away. Look at what was done to Apple Pie Hill. Now you can't drive up to the tower at all, because of all the j*rkoffs that tore it up and littered.

All that being said, if this is not Jemima Mount, than I appologize for being an *sshole.

Yes it is Jemima Mt. Please pardon my ignorance but where is it OK to drive, and where is it not? I was under the impression that all of the dirt roads are Ok to drive, and both my GPS and my map show that as Jemima Mt Road. The only road I have ever seen closed is Old Lower forge road right where it crosses the Batsto River (if there is a sign saying closed I don't go there). I am not familiar with Apple Pie Hill. By the way, what is a "geodetic control station"?

As it is inappropriate I will remove the pictures from my original post as well.

Are you coming out to the 10th annual pine barrens clean up on the 23rd? Unfortunately I will be out of town on business, but I have tried to spread the word about the event.

Not this time around. I have prior commitments that I can not change. It's always a great time and so much good is always done during these clean-ups. The problem and confusion for most concerning that particular area (Jemima Mount) is that most of those "roads" were never roads, until they started getting driven. Then, folks like you and me come along and "drive on an established road" only to hear that we should have never been there. The state only has so much money to spend on signs, barrades, etc. I don't think you should remove the posts/pics, but maybe rub out your license plate number. I won't post my license plate number under any conditions. In restospec,I guess I should have just PM'ed you about this and not come off like such a pr*ck here in public. Let me appologize for that. It's just that I love driving Wharton and the Pines so much, I dread the day that our public access is taken away.

Anyway, please accept my appologies again. I believe in what I said, but should have handled it differently. You sound like a decent guy who did not have any intention of be detructive or malicious. Sorry pal. Please, carry on and sorry for sh*tting up your thread.