Tactical Turtle

glock question

I have a gen4 glock 23. Yesterday I called up about the recoil spring and I have one of the fualty ones. It explains the recent failure to ejects and double feeds I have had lately. The lady from glock told me that the new spring reduces felt recoil by 35% which I think is bs, also that the old spring causes the barrel not to sit perfectly straight making the gun shoot to the left. Anyone else ever heard of this. I will not use my glock until I get the new part which is upsetting to me since I need to practice for November so yeah. Any ones else hear this shinanigans

I am a lefty and always shoot to the right with Glocks. It is that weird Glock hinged trigger that messes me up. I use too little trigger finger and push my shots to the right. It doesn't happen with and other pistols with normal triggers.

Im surprised they are replacing your spring on the gen4 23. The issue was, as I understood it, that they were putting the g23 springs into the g19 causing the g19 to stovepipe and jam because of excessive spring force. Since you started out with on of the g23's im surprised they opted to replace your recoil assembly.

I call BS. We all know glocks always work. They always shoot straight, and never have gun malfunctions.

:facepalm:

In all seriousness, my understanding, the gen 4 glocks with the new spring design has issues. Hopefully they work it out. Better yet, get a cz or a 1911. :)

I call BS. We all know glocks always work. They always shoot straight, and never have gun malfunctions.

:facepalm:

In all seriousness, my understanding, the gen 4 glocks with the new spring design has issues. Hopefully they work it out. Better yet, get a cz or a 1911. :)

Also, a Glock has never had an FTE ever.

I have a gen4 glock 23. Yesterday I called up about the recoil spring and I have one of the fualty ones. It explains the recent failure to ejects and double feeds I have had lately. The lady from glock told me that the new spring reduces felt recoil by 35% which I think is bs, also that the old spring causes the barrel not to sit perfectly straight making the gun shoot to the left. Anyone else ever heard of this. I will not use my glock until I get the new part which is upsetting to me since I need to practice for November so yeah. Any ones else hear this shinanigans

What the Glock rep said is all BS. She must have meant recoil between Gen 3 and Gen 4. The reocil spring has nothing to do with barrel alignment.

Anyway, I am surprised you have had any issues with the G 23. All the issues were with the G 19 having too heavy of a recoil spring for practice ammo. I have the G 23 Gen 4 with 1500+rds and not one single malfunction. I have a 1000 rds with the original 0-3 spring and 500rds with the replacemnet 0-3-3 RSA. I did not see any accuracy difference between the 2 RSA's.

BTW what ammo are you using when you had these malfunctions?

I have the G 19 Gen 4 also. I have not had any problems with this pistol either with over 1200rds. With the original and replacement RSA and practice ammo.

So, have you used your Glock? Did it have any problems?

Fte happend about 6 times and 3 double feeds during the last 200 rounds .I have about 800-900 rounds with probably 20-30 Fte and maybe 9 double feeds, even marked my mags to see if it was the mags fualt, and I have seen this happen with federal, lawman +p ammo, and other brands, so it isn't brand specific, I've shot probably 2300 rounds out of my 21sf with out a glitch at all

Fte happend about 6 times and 3 double feeds during the last 200 rounds .I have about 800-900 rounds with probably 20-30 Fte and maybe 9 double feeds, even marked my mags to see if it was the mags fualt, and I have seen this happen with federal, lawman +p ammo, and other brands, so it isn't brand specific, I've shot probably 2300 rounds out of my 21sf with out a glitch at all

Interesting. Do you drop the slide onto a round or do you only feed the chamber from the magazine? You might have a damaged extractor.

Are you running stock mags or KCI's? Some KCI's need a little TLC to get them to feed right, I would also check the ears on the mag and make sure it hasn't been bent out-wards allowing more than 1 round to pass. One more thing on the mags, is it when they are full or close to empty, Just trying to isolate a common factor.

Harry

Hmmmmm called glock again around 420....., same story, its like there trained to lie Lmao

You are talking to customer service, you need to talk to a tech.

Anyway, do you drop the slide onto a round already in the chamber to load 13+1rds or not? If so, it's possible you damaged the extractor. Glock extractors were not made to drop the slide onto the round. About the only autoloader pistol I know that has an extractor made to do that is the Beretta 92 Series.

Take a good look at your extractor (claw on the breech face) and see if it is chipped, bent, broken, etc.

I have no idea what the double feed is from. Unless your magazines are defective, I don't see how that can happen.

It's funny. I don't get why Glock messed around with the Gen 4... I can see them needing some work on their .40SW pistols, but why futz with how the 9mm ones worked?

Oh wells, sticking to Gen 3 for awhile :)

I believe mostly to keep up with the market's multiple (adjustable) grips. I think the new RSA design was an afterthought, but I find it funny how the Beretta compact 9m suffered from the same exact issue as the G19 (too mucch spring for practice ammo). Almost like they got together with ammo makers and decided we need xxlbs of spring for the new 9mm loads.

But I also like how tight the lockup and slide is compared to the Gen3.

This actually happened last night with a Glock 19.

I find it's usually ammunition that causes any issues in Glocks. Very rarely is it the fault of the firearm itself...

If I were the OP, I would just send it back to Glock. Get them to give you a shipping label... or in my case, use an FFL to ship it to them via USPS (much cheaper than FedEx/UPS) and have Glock give you 2-3 free magazines for your trouble.