vladtepes

The Mustang is alive...

still have a handful of gremlins to deal with..

car has to be tuned.. there is some massive exhaust leak..

timing is way off running rich.. so it is still sluggish..

but.. it drives none the less.. I did everything besides the actual internal motor build..

302, .030 over.. aka 306

rebuilt gt40 heads

ford motorsports E cam

roller rockers

weiand intake

MSD distributer

MSD coil

MSD 6AL

ford racing plus wires

holley 650

high flow water pump

new rings/bearings in the bottom end

Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator

Mishimoto electric fan

Mishimoto silicone hose kit

C4

B&M shift kit...

B&M ratchet shifter

4200 stall

Nice! 5.0? I work for Ford, if you ever need a parts hookup let me know.

wow thanks so much.. it is appreciated!

302, .030 over.. aka 306

rebuilt gt40 heads

ford motorsports E cam

roller rockers

weiand intake

MSD distributer

MSD coil

MSD 6AL

ford racing plus wires

holley 650

high flow water pump

new rings/bearings in the bottom end

Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator

Mishimoto electric fan

Mishimoto silicone hose kit

C4

B&M shift kit...

B&M ratchet shifter

4200 stall

vey good you figured it out..

ha yeah.. I guess you remember the other thread.. the best part is when he goes "ok we are going to try to start.." and before he even finishes the thing fires on the first crank..

that dirty old battery has been replaced.. that was just to get it started.. LOL

You're not kidding about running rich and needing a tune.

But, I love those 5.0's! Keep the updates coming!

I am just glad it moves.. LOL I was starting to get ready to give up.. it running has renewed my interest..

can't figure out why my trans temp gauge is not working.. not that it is super critical.. but most of the other stuff I understand and KNOW what needs to be done.. but that one little annoying thing.. lol.. some problem with the sender I think..

Not a bad little car. I have a '90 LX myself with GT40 heads and an E-303 cam, among other things. I stuck with EFI, though. I find that it idles best at around 800-900RPM with the E-cam.

Definitely doesn't sound right. Does sound like it's loading up. You might have to drop it down a couple jet sizes. A 650 isn't *too* big for a 306, but it's on the large side if it isn't tuned right.

Are you gonna use a wideband, or tune it the old fashioned way?

Not a bad little car. I have a '90 LX myself with GT40 heads and an E-303 cam, among other things. I stuck with EFI, though. I find that it idles best at around 800-900RPM with the E-cam.

Definitely doesn't sound right. Does sound like it's loading up. You might have to drop it down a couple jet sizes. A 650 isn't *too* big for a 306, but it's on the large side if it isn't tuned right.

Are you gonna use a wideband, or tune it the old fashioned way?

I am going to set the timing to a reasonable level... chase down the gremlins I have.. then get it to someone who knows what they are doing to fine tune it...

the goal was to make it run... I am pretty much there.. but I know my limitations.. and sometimes there is a point where a professional with experience is going to get it done where I am not....

Mechanical or Vacuum Secondary on the carb?

It's probably vacuum, so buy a spring kit and experiment. My 289 benefited from a stiffer secondary. On the first build, it gained me up nearly half a second in the quarter.

Once I went balls to the wall with a steep cam and ported, polished heads, nitrous and the rest, I put a light little spring in there that basically just flopped open almost immediately. Then I went to a mechanical secondary 650cfm.

Here's my first "race" engine. heh. I'd done some rebuilds before this, but for other people and just to get them running properly again. http://thewellrats.com/malbor2/pictures/backintheday/engine1.jpg

http://thewellrats.com/malbor2/pictures/backintheday/engine2.jpg

I still wish I had that space...It was a mess but 44x60, cement and heated and had a pit.

Good luck.

Now that's what I want with an attached house.. :icon_mrgreen:

Wonder if you can still put pit's in these day?

Harry

Well, my dad built the building in 1977. Still there too: http://g.co/maps/cvfud

I don't think you're allowed to make those any more, even in the country. All those houses weren't there when I lived there. The old house was torn down 10 years ago or so and Dad and his new wife put up that one before he died.

Without that building, I wouldn't have a lot of knowledge I have now. I built a lot of engines and wrenched on a lot of vehicles in it. Before all the neighbors, you could roll a car out the back and fire it up, open headers at 11pm, no issues. Then grab a gun and shoot stuff right out the back.

while I understand how good Mustang EFI system is.. I just didn't want to deal with sensors.. computers.. and excessive wiring.. I just wanted something completely stripped down..

not sure about the secondaries.. but I am PRETTY sure they are mechanical..