Teky0101

West Deptford Area - Last Night What Was Going On?

Hello Everyone,

Last night my brother and I heard a helicopter around 10:45 flying near our home. We were watching tv and the sound came and left but over a period of five mins the helicopter's sound got progressivly louder. My brother and I then stepped out onto the porch to take a look what is going on and about 250ft across from our house was the helicopter. We watch it fly around a bit then it cuts on a huge spotlight and flys around then lights up our street. Shortly after that police with hand held spotlights starting driving around out neighborhood. They went around several times then later we heard a loud whistle and see about seven police cards go down our back street. Later we see the helicopter fly away and they start checking the area of greenfields. I check all over the South Jersey news but I could not find anything regarding this issue. It had to be something major to involve this many police and as far as I know it must of been state police since I do not think local police have their own helicopters. Does anyone have any idea what the heck was going on?! Never the less we made sure everything was well locked last night! This was just unnerving!

Hello Everyone,

Last night my brother and I heard a helicopter around 10:45 flying near our home. We were watching tv and the sound came and left but over a period of five mins the helicopter's sound got progressivly louder. My brother and I then stepped out onto the porch to take a look what is going on and about 250ft across from our house was the helicopter. We watch it fly around a bit then it cuts on a huge spotlight and flys around then lights up our street. Shortly after that police with hand held spotlights starting driving around out neighborhood. They went around several times then later we heard a loud whistle and see about seven police cards go down our back street. Later we see the helicopter fly away and they start checking the area of greenfields. I check all over the South Jersey news but I could not find anything regarding this issue. It had to be something major to involve this many police and as far as I know it must of been state police since I do not think local police have their own helicopters. Does anyone have any idea what the heck was going on?! Never the less we made sure everything was well locked last night! This was just unnerving!

Was probably because of Rapture Day..notice anyone missing? :icon_e_confused:

http://judgementday2011.com/

I will go with Toxic Avenger..LOL! Fishpaw I actually do have that app and the scanner going but nothing was being reported. It was truely odd, it looked like a manhunt! I was wondering if there was some crazy armed person going through our neighbourhood! If anyone hears anything please let me know.

I didn't even notice anything going on. WD is nice and quiet over by my house.

Of course it's quiet. There's no real industry left in WD, so all those vacant buildings do keep the township pretty quiet. :search:

Vote Chintall and Cianfarini! :friends:

Several years ago when I was still in an apartment complex, we had the circling helicopter and hoards of uniformed officers crawling all over the place. Absolutely nothing on the news. I had to ask several LEOs in order to find out it was the end of a low speed chase resulting form an amber alert and a parental unit gone off his meds.

Nobody was being particularly secretive, it was more of a non event except for the bit with the helicopter?

Hello Everyone,

Lost of break-ins in Greenfields village lately, one occured the other day. Person broke into house from backyard and led into a manhunt with k-9 dogs from Mantua. If you pm me a street by you or a specific section of town I may be able to get you a pretty good and reliable story of what happened. I live on the school side of Holly drive.

Prompted the wife and I to harden security in our home.

Strongly suggest that. Also to my fellow WD residents, there are neighborhood watch groups in place for almost every section of WD. They do email sutff about what has been going on around the township and if you have information about a specific event to let the PD know.

Also to my fellow WD residents, there are neighborhood watch groups in place for almost every section of WD. They do email sutff about what has been going on around the township and if you have information about a specific event to let the PD know.

PM me some info if you have any about the neighborhood watch

Hello Everyone,

I experienced the same thing in Ewing, which is on the periphery of Trenton, except I didn't see the helicopter or lights.