Turboprop21

CJRPC help

Well my membership to Cherry Ridge will be up in January and I'm debating to continue on or join elsewhere. I've only used it make 7 times in 12 months due to my work schedule and also there's a few months a year when it's just too damn cold so instead I'll go to the bullet hole which is an additional cost ontop of the Cherry Ridge membership.

Some points I'm using to decide:

-Both CJRPC & Cherry Ridge are approx an hour away, only difference is one is North and the other South.

-CJRPC is quite pricey initially, however it has a 24hr indoor range which is HUGE for me, this takes away the added cost of using the Bullet Hole in the winter which I'm really not fond of

-My main shooting partner is the fiancé who comes often with me to Cherry Ridge. That's $25 each time or approx $130 a year just to have her tag along. CJRPC allows 2 guests at a time I believe which is neat, but the same guest can only come twice a year correct? How strict are they on that? I've heard some ranges tend not to inforce similar rules.

Finally and most importantly

-CJRPC she (fiancé) would be a free guest but only twice a year correct? Would she qualify as my spouse and if so what are the yearly fees instead? Would it still be $400 first time member fee plus $267 a year for the both of us?

Somebody please clarify this up, I've read the breakdown a few times on the CJRPC page and have interpreted a few ways. Thanks in advance

Manny, You are in woodbridge arent you?

Why not consider Old bridge? Its about a 15 minute drive from my place in woodbridge to the range @ obrpc.

Hell of alot closer than cj or cr

24/7 indoor range, large outdoor range.

family can tag along with you.

Manny, I'll second what Alec said. I know I am a SS member also but after joining OB I just can't bring myself to drive that far, not only for the cost of gas, but the amount of time. I would give Proximity a lot of weight in the decision. As far as what range is better than the other between OB and CJ, well overall facilities I would give CJ the advantage, especially if you like your shotty time. However I would be a member of what ever one was closer to me and not have any regrets in my decision, and thinking about it, if I was an even split between the 2, I'd probably be a member of both. :)

Maks: thanks for the clearing some of that up and especially thanks for the offer. I would jump all over it, except I fly out Sunday for work and won't be back for 3 weeks

Alec: responded back to the PM, also thanks for the offer.

HD: Proximity is huge, especially with these fuel costs. I'm still going to consider OB. Only deal breaker is the work hours. Me working nights kills my schedule and if I don't work that's added costs, stinks. I wish I could pitch that sales pitch of joining both, but then I'd hear the "We have a wedding to save for" rant ;)

Maks: thanks for the clearing some of that up and especially thanks for the offer. I would jump all over it, except I fly out Sunday for work and won't be back for 3 weeks

Alec: responded back to the PM, also thanks for the offer.

HD: Proximity is huge, especially with these fuel costs. I'm still going to consider OB. Only deal breaker is the work hours. Me working nights kills my schedule and if I don't work that's added costs, stinks. I wish I could pitch that sales pitch of joining both, but then I'd hear the "We have a wedding to save for" rant ;)

Hit me up when you get back, and if Alec can't show you around, will see if our schedules works out and I'll show you around. I'm right over in Sayreville so it's close to either the ID or OD ranges.

One reason I would never join Cherry Ridge is their policy of having only paper targets. That is beyond weak. Central Jersey is a 50 minute drive for me, but worth it. I still go to Shore Shot on most weekenights because it's only 35 minutes. I am closer to Old Bridge than CJ, but the dealbreaker for me was that their rifle range is only 100 yards. I want to be able to shoot farther than that most of the time I take a rifle out.

Without work hours, CJ is $267.50 per year, OB is $564 per year.

With work hours, CJ is $217.50 with 10 hours, OB is $384 with 12 hours.

At least as I can figure out, I also am researching clubs.

Also,

if you go to 4 meetings a year, you get another $50 off of your dues. The $50 for work hours can be used if you shoot matches and stuff and help out. It really isn't that hard to get work hours in.

Without work hours, CJ is $267.50 per year, OB is $564 per year.

With work hours, CJ is $217.50 with 10 hours, OB is $384 with 12 hours.

At least as I can figure out, I also am researching clubs.

You know, it's really too bad that in initial year cost so much, am a member of OB and I also like CJ but can't see putting out another big layout of coin to join another range.

It's too bad that there wasn't some agreement between the 2 clubs where they changes the first years extra coin layout to be the exact same so neither club had an advantage, however allow members of either club to join the other for just the cost of the yearly dues.

It's not like everyone would opt to be a member of both, but there probably are plenty that would if it was just the cost of the yearly membership being your already a member of one of them.

That would up the membership of both, would increase the money taken in by both, and still while the total member ship numbers are up for each, you still have the same amount of people shooting at both when you take the combined number into account. So it wouldn't be an over crowding situation.

The only thing that would really need to be addressed, might be what to do about people who are already member of both and layed out the initial coin already.

Or this is just a bad idea and I'll go back to work now. :icon_mrgreen:

Central jersey is expensive just to shoot at paper on rifle ranges..sucks you can't put out water bottles and other misc targets on the general purpose range anymore. Also sucks there if its a nice weekend. Every know it all and the brother is there. Pits are still good but limited to what can be shot there

Central jersey is expensive just to shoot at paper on rifle ranges..sucks you can't put out water bottles and other misc targets on the general purpose range anymore. Also sucks there if its a nice weekend. Every know it all and the brother is there. Pits are still good but limited to what can be shot there

Name a better place to shoot. =)

Post in the CJ discussion and see when others are shooting, great group of guys.

You know, it's really too bad that in initial year cost so much, am a member of OB and I also like CJ but can't see putting out another big layout of coin to join another range.

It's too bad that there wasn't some agreement between the 2 clubs where they changes the first years extra coin layout to be the exact same so neither club had an advantage, however allow members of either club to join the other for just the cost of the yearly dues.

It's not like everyone would opt to be a member of both, but there probably are plenty that would if it was just the cost of the yearly membership being your already a member of one of them.

That would up the membership of both, would increase the money taken in by both, and still while the total member ship numbers are up for each, you still have the same amount of people shooting at both when you take the combined number into account. So it wouldn't be an over crowding situation.

The only thing that would really need to be addressed, might be what to do about people who are already member of both and layed out the initial coin already.

Or this is just a bad idea and I'll go back to work now. :icon_mrgreen:

in the racing world we call this reciprocity, memebers of apba are members of ecbrc, they only have to pay race day fees..

Not true. You can shoot water bottle. I shot them off the 200 yard target. As long as they are off the ground, there is no issue.

Also, there will be members calling you out if your not hitting the back berm. That is exactly what the club wants, members policing their own.

The pits are pretty great. I see no down side to anything there. I have met a ton of people and guys on the shotgun range are great.

Bryan, would be alot more awesome if we can shoot centerfire rifles in the pits. =)

I thought you could get a center fire badge for the pits? Could have sworn they mentioned it at a meeting .. been wrong before tho

The pits at Central Jersey are green, VERY green! Now sure what they are made from or covered with, Drove-by them the other day going to/from the shotgun range. I can see why they wouldn't allow much else to be shot there besides paper targets. The pits don't look that high either. Very neatly laid-out setup though.

The pits at Old Bridge are brown, VERY brown! They are made from piles of dirt. Vegetation has grown over the years on all sides. They are not all set in a row like Central Jersey, but the layout is still fine. Their pits seem to be much higher there, maybe someone else can verify that. I have only shot at the Old Bridge pits.

Now, if you are into shotguns, Central Jersey is hands-down superior! I am a member of Old Bridge but after shooting Skeet at Central Jersey on Tueday I may join their club also, simply for the shotgun setup and the high-power range they have there. Old Bridge only has a 100 yard range, which is fine for me with iron sights. No real need for a scope at that distance.

There are lots of pictures of both places on here.