nino

red jacket firearms thoughts?

Neither are legal, of course. However, he will build you anything you want. Will is a great guy and will work with you

This.. YES they are expensive, but despite the REALLY major damage that show has done to their rep, you wont find too many people who actually have them say a bad word about them. Tony Ruomore from Tromix has nothing but good to say about RJF as well.

This.. YES they are expensive, but despite the REALLY major damage that show has done to their rep, you wont find too many people who actually have them say a bad word about them. Tony Ruomore from Tromix has nothing but good to say about RJF as well.

right but at the end of the day.. a saiga is a saiga is a saiga.. with once you take into account what can be legally owned in NJ there is not much magic they are going to create for you.. that is where my comment came from.. both Tony and Will are both pretty active on Saiga 12.. and Tony has gone out of his way to help me in the past with some questions I had.. not through PM.. not through Email.. but right over the phone.. time out of his day.. to walk me through something he could was not making a cent off of.... BOTH are great guys.... but taking into account what you can own in NJ.. the things that they bring to the table are pretty lost IMO..

Why has their rep been damaged? I have caught glimpses of the show but I don't watch regularly.

Why has their rep been damaged? I have caught glimpses of the show but I don't watch regularly.

because they were whored out on reality TV.. and now everyone who knows nothing about anything "wants a red jacket AK47".. think orange county chopper.. but as stated.. Will knows what he is doing.. you are just paying WAY more than you need to if you are after a good reliable AK.. now if you lived somewhere that allowed SBR.. Suppressors.. etc.. then yeah... maybe..

I've seen quite a few negative reviews and upset customers of RJ, with most being on AK forums as well as Youtube.

Of course you have to take those with a grain of salt.

The biggest and most well-known was a Youtube user who had bought an AK by RJ, experienced problems, then proceeded to return it so they could fix it. It was a huge ordeal, with them going back and forth but I believe in the end, something like 8 months later and a few times of sending the gun back and forth, they finally got it fixed. But not after a whole bunch of BS from RJ.

Personally, I would stay away from them. If you are looking into AK's, there are so many on the market nowadays that perform very well and the quality is unmatched. You can also spend some money and have a kit put together by numerous master AK builders in the U.S. I'd go one of those routes before the RJ route, unless you wanted something super custom or whatever.

I want to build an ak but don't where to start

Arfcom's AK section is a good starting point...parts kits are out there and Recievers are available from a number of sources..i;ve heard nothing but good about NodakSpud stuff, wither AR or AK. I'd LOVE to make one froma flat, but here in the Lovely PRNJ it's not permissible. I've always wondered though if it would fly if you built one from a Flat in say Pa? it's legal to Roll your own there, and once it's built, (and nj compliant of course) what is there stopping you from bringing it home with you? After all you did in Fact Legally Aquire it in that state.

IANAL....the aforementioned is my own, personal OPINION, and should not be construed as anything more than my OPINION, and carries no actual weight.

I want to build an ak but don't where to start

without physically bending the flat and riveting..

depending on your budget.. and goals.. I say just start with a Saiga.. check links in my signature..

it will net you a true Russian gun which for me has functioned flawlessly..

what AR? just curious..

RJF KMP-DI Direct Impingement,5.56. Its on their site under AR style rifles, think it was like 1100 bucks. Just happened to be checking out what they have and came across this. I was thinking about getting it in foliage green, called up and emailed, haven't heard nada yet. Maybe their just busy with the tons of people that stalk them because they have a show.

RJF KMP-DI Direct Impingement,5.56. Its on their site under AR style rifles, think it was like 1100 bucks. Just happened to be checking out what they have and came across this. I was thinking about getting it in foliage green, called up and emailed, haven't heard nada yet. Maybe their just busy with the tons of people that stalk them because they have a show.

No reason to buy it from them. Build it yourself for $700.

What a ripoff... isn't DI the normal operating mechanism of the AR-15 platform? You can easily build a rifle like this one for way less than that!

• Like 1

if you're going to buy from RJ..i dont see why you would buy an AR frankly..if it was a Saiga/Ak variant?? Yeah Absolutely, Will was known as one of the go-to guys for that platform. for an AR?? there are dozens of other makers out there that SPECIALIZE in them, build thousands, and know the platform inside-out. if you're going to spend that kind of money on an AR, go to a place like SLR-15.

GUYS, GUYS. WHAT IF... GUYS WHAT IF... WHAT IF WE PUT A TASER ON A TRIPLE BARREL ROTATING AR AND THEN PUT MASTERKEY ATTACHMENTS ON ALL OF THEM FOR BREECHING AND THEN MADE THEM ACCURATE OUT TO 1500 YARDS?

will-hayden-400x400.jpg

NEVA BEEN DONE BEVO

• Like 1

While you do have a point Nice..they really WERE trying to do an actual 12 ga minigun..it was just a tad more complicated and involved than they had planned, and the Producer's schedule didn't manage to coincide with reality..go figure. they even admitted the rotating saigas were nothing more than a sop to allow the customer to blast the place up.

While you do have a point Nice..they really WERE trying to do an actual 12 ga minigun..it was just a tad more complicated and involved than they had planned, and the Producer's schedule didn't manage to coincide with reality..go figure. they even admitted the rotating saigas were nothing more than a sop to allow the customer to blast the place up.

Yeah I saw that episode. It would've been nice to see an actual 12 gauge minigun. I have no doubt that these guys are nothing but professional and awesome in real life, but the way the show portrays them... well, just see my last post. :sarcastichand:

Yeah I saw that episode. It would've been nice to see an actual 12 gauge minigun. I have no doubt that these guys are nothing but professional and awesome in real life, but the way the show portrays them... well, just see my last post. :sarcastichand:

They're still working on it AFAIK...it's not a HUGE lift, the plans are out there, it's just very detailed and intensive work..The would have been better going the Older route with a 19'th century design of rhe original gatling instead of the Modern GE version..the original was DESIGNED for gravity feed, and rimmed cartidges.