DevsAdvocate

Fatal beating at LA Walmart

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/11/walmart-baseball-attack-murder.html

47 year old man grabs metal baseball bat in sporting section and beats a 74 year old to death. Police say the attack was 'completely random'.

I think they should have gladiatorial games again but with crazy people like this guy, prisoners and gangs that are in prison that wanna kill each other. It would be totally voluntary no one forced to do it but I am sure a bunch of them would. It would help pay for the prison system and help clear out the prisons.

Wow, you never know what random act of violence is just around the corner. What will the sentence be? 2 years?

The violent breakdown of our society is not a pretty thing, unfortunately the masses have a hide your head in the sand attitude.

Los Angeles County Sheriff's Lt. Ed Hernandez said they are still trying to piece together the background of the 47-year-old suspect and could not immediately confirm reports about whether he was a transient with mental issues.

Would anyone believe that the attacker has no mental health issues? Who wants odds on mental health issues?

Budget cut backs on mental health care strikes again.

Here's my :thsmiley_deadhorse:

Gun owners need to know that a lack of, or reduction of, govt funded mental health care means those so sick they can't hold a job never get any care.

For Gun owners, we think it means we have to protect ourselves FROM these people.

Anti's think we want to give guns TO those people, or that we ARE those people.

Piss poor mental health care availability will hurt us every time.

• Like 1

Would anyone believe that the attacker has no mental health issues? Who wants odds on mental health issues?

Budget cut backs on mental health care strikes again.

Here's my :thsmiley_deadhorse:

Gun owners need to know that a lack of, or reduction of, govt funded mental health care means those so sick they can't hold a job never get any care.

For Gun owners, we think it means we have to protect ourselves against these people.

Anti's think we want to give guns TO those people, or that we ARE those people.

Piss poor mental health care availability will hurt us every time.

Closing all the looney bins didn't help either. It really explains all the panhandlers and folks walking the streets in Philly...

Some scumbag lawyer will convince a fruitcake liberal jury it was Walmarts fault for carrying dangerous objects like bats and kitchen utensils, and they'll let this guy free, and Walmart's insurance carrier will only allow them to carry "soft" items like diapers and tampons from now on. :icon_e_sad:

I like to know the facts here though. Such as ethnicity of both people. Background on the killer and info on the guy that got killed. I find it hard to believe that the guy just goes nuts on somebody for no reason. Something in his mind had to have a light bulb go on to have him beat somebody.

Here is an update on the story and the identities..........

........A 74-year-old man beaten to death by a transient with a bat inside a Wal-Mart store was identified Thursday as David Oakleaf of Lakewood.

He was killed in the sporting goods section of the Lakewood store Tuesday afternoon when he sustained repeated blows to the head in what witnesses described to police as a vicious, methodical attack.

Suspect Richard Lawrence Kalfin, 47, was detained at the scene and booked on suspicion of murder.

He was being held in lieu of $1 million bail and was due in court Thursday morning in Bellflower.

Kalfin is believed to be a local transient who frequented the shopping center where the Wal-Mart is located.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/11/wal-mart-killing.html

I like to know the facts here though. Such as ethnicity of both people. Background on the killer and info on the guy that got killed. I find it hard to believe that the guy just goes nuts on somebody for no reason. Something in his mind had to have a light bulb go on to have him beat somebody.

No rhyme or reason... something like this just happened in september in paterson... Guy was ordering some food at a fast food restaurant, some guy walks in and start whaling on him with a machete... for no apparent reason, police are still looking for the guy.

If I read that article correctly, it was several people and the guy hit one of his own people with the machete.

There were two other people involved(already in custody), and there was no connection between the victim. At least that's what i read in the paper this week.

There was also a fight at a local restaurant in Wayne that ended in two people getting shot. No connection between them, someone got drunk and started a fight.