AS350Driver

How I spent part of the day.

So i'm on call this weekend which really limits the things I can do. I have an hour response time so I stay in the area just in case. I didn't have to much to do around the house, and all I could think about was getting out to go shooting. Saturday evening I put together some 9mm test loads that i'll take to the range later this week. While doing this I was thinking i'd like to get a few target stands that I could use in the pits at CJ. I took a look online at different vendors and wasn't liking the prices. My nephew is in welding class at his high school and has already told me if I needed anything done he could do it for just the cost of materials. So i'm thinking this probably the cheapest alternative to buying them, well I was wrong. Earlier in the summer my brother and I built a shed in my backyard and I knew I had some leftover wood. I put together a plan in my head and went to work, and here is the result. Four target stands that cost me about $4.00 to make. All I have to do now is get a few more 1X2 furring strips. Overall I had a pretty productive weekend. Lousy cell phone pic sorry.

6320046897_d2d1f52d72_z.jpg

Thanks Harry, I had one built out of pvc already and didn't feel like spending the money on buying more pipe, so this is what I came up with. Much cheaper when the wood is just sitting around collecting dust too.

If I didn't have 3 done and half the tubes cute for the last 2 I would go with wood.

Nice.

Target stands are great and if you have them, you have your own private range at Central Jersey the way of pits.

There was a forum member on brian enos forums that did metal folding target stands at a price too good to pass up. It was like $120 for 5 shipped. All I had to do is paint them. The perk is, they fold and I can have 5 stands in the footprint of one regular target stand. As I do not have a truck, trunk space is at a premium.

If you have the space, those wood frames are awesome. =)

Nice.

Target stands are great and if you have them, you have your own private range at Central Jersey the way of pits.

There was a forum member on brian enos forums that did metal folding target stands at a price too good to pass up. It was like $120 for 5 shipped. All I had to do is paint them. The perk is, they fold and I can have 5 stands in the footprint of one regular target stand. As I do not have a truck, trunk space is at a premium.

If you have the space, those wood frames are awesome. =)

I don't have a truck for at least a month either now. Got slammed into while I was sitting at a stop sign.

6290383267_158c0e1be6.jpg

Man that sucks, but truck can be replaced so as long as everyone is ok that what matters.

From the looks of it, it didn't look the any bags deployed on either driver, and she pushed you sideways 5', hmmmm, seems odd, but probably better off in the long run. Had a guy just get tapped in the read bumper at a light, not more than 1 MPH, didn't even scratch or dent the bumper at all, but he got a broken nose from the bag. The worst part about it, I laughed my a** off when he told me, he didn't mind he has known me long enough to expect that. :icon_mrgreen: