Tactical Turtle

what system do you use to carru extra mags and cuffs when u conceal carry in free states

Just like the title says, looking to figure out a good system to conceal carry a extra mag and a set of handcuffs. I already have a few rigs for my glock, just need to loose the gut that pushes the handle out that makes it print. Lol. But can't figure out what to do to carry my cuffs and extra mag. Any help would be appreciated

I don't carry an extra mag for my G19 when I am out if the state but I do for my S&W BG380 but I can out them anywhere being they are 6 round single stacks. As far as the Glock well if 15 Hornady CD rounds arnt enought something is seriously wrong.

Don't carry handcuffs so no help there.

Yea, figured try here first, more friendly here then other forums

When i carry actual cuffs, i just toss them in my back pocket..looks lile a can of dip if they print. What i switched to was soft rstraints, i'll dig out the brand and PM it to you I got a 10-pack for like 12-13.oo plus shipping. it's almost like a heavy-duty flat shoelace with a plastic dingus that keeps them tight once you put them on the BG..they have to be cut off, but they're a lot less bulky, and I can carry them travelling without setting off Metal detectors.

Every cop I know doesn't carry cuffs off duty. If it didn't directly involve them, they wouldn't get involved. Of course, nothing major ever happened to them yet.

x2, quite a few of my friends are cops and none of them carry cuffs off duty, hell most of them dont even carry a spare mag.

Lol after todays poor shooting experience not sure how quals are gunna go next Monday, I just hope it was the poor lighting of the indoor range that didn't allow me to get sure picture even with night sites or if my eyes are really getting that bad

Hey Brother,

Check out http://www.tufftie.com/index.cfm . They are extremely lightweight, non bulky, inexpensive, nonmetallic, strong, and significantly more convenient to carry then a set of full sized cuffs. I tried a number of different options over the years from lightweight aluminum and polymer cuffs down to thumb cuffs, and The ASP Trifold flex cuffs. I really didn't like the full duty belt feel off duty, as even when lighter in weight, they were all bulky; so a bundled Flex cuff in my pocket won out for years until I found the Tuff Ties.

I wear a badge holder next to my holster, and have the Tuff Tie threaded behind the badge. A quick tug and it's out and usable. Yes, I've tested them on some big, strong and angry guys, and not had one fail yet. They are slower to apply then a standard set of handcuffs, but that's really more of a training issue.

IMG_0209.jpgIMG_0210.jpgIMG_0211.jpg

As to a spare magazine, I'm left handed and most of my magazines fit perfectly in the small change pocket on the right front pocket of my jeans. I either carry it there or in a belt scabbard at the same location. In the colder months, I also have a third magazine in my coat pocket. I'm a big fan of http://www.tripleaughtdesign.com/ TAD outer wear. All my coats and jackets from them have magazine pockets in the hand warmer pockets. It's makes carrying a spare mag or flashlight very convenient.

Good luck. I hope this helps...

Respectfully,

Harry

The tuffties are the ones I was talking about, they dont take up any room, and dont look like much of anything. As far as carrying cuffs or not carrying cuffs, If I have to get invo,ved off-duty, to the point of producing a weapon, SOMEBODY is getting cuffed. There is also an element of CYA to it as well. Attorneys HAVE BEEN KNOWN to try and make an issue of not having cuffs as an "Intent to kill, not just arrest" So far it hasnt been successful. IIRC aklso, Tufftie will send you a free sample for jsut the postage, i think it's one or two ties, along with their Special "Cutter" (A letter opener)

http://www.tufftie.com/

cguiro, I hope this is not a silly question. You said you are a LEO but you also ask about carrying in a "free" state. Are you not permitted to carry off duty here in NJ?

While there are a couple of us (LEO's) on the board, there are MORE who are not, but have Permits for various states, by not restricting his question to other LEOs, he can get a broader view and more different types of Holster, mag pouch

While there are a couple of us (LEO's) on the board, there are MORE who are not, but have Permits for various states, by not restricting his question to other LEOs, he can get a broader view and more different types of Holster, mag pouch

Thank you that's why I asked here couldn't of put it better myself

cguiro, I hope this is not a silly question. You said you are a LEO but you also ask about carrying in a "free" state. Are you not permitted to carry off duty here in NJ?

He is allowed. He phrased his questions so that they would apply to non-LEO members of this message board as well, so he could get their input as well.

CG I would recommend that you NOT carry cuffs as outside of our respective jurisdictions under LEOSA we have no LE authority. If you have cuffs the implication is that you are on the job, or intend to affect arrests, then question is do you have a non lethal option.... you see where I am gone the concealed firearm is a choice of last resort.... Your life or the life of another is in eminent danger. No eminent threat no need for the use of deadly force. Concerning the extra magazine crossbred and another outfit very similar to crossbred makes a great IWB mag pouch that is designed just like the holster.Wear it all day and no issue problems and nary a print problem even with a 1911.

Free state or not if you have to use the weapon hand cuffs will be the least of our problems. JMOP......Stay safe.